• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

new season next week for dub

ares5566

Reaction score
so far the seasons for dp series have been every 50 eps or so
maybe since that was kinda a conclusion well get a new opening especially cause movie 12 aired a while ago in america

Seasons are usually 52 episodes. Season 9 ended early to put the start of DP at the beginning of a new season and season 10 skipped a clip show that was still included in the 52 count but season 11 returned to having 52 episodes.

"The Battle Finale of Legend" is episode 47 of season 12 so there should be another 5 episodes before the new season. Of those, the first three titles have already been announced as part of "Galactic Battles".

The only two seasons that aren't 52 episodes are Seasons 9 and 10.

For Season 9, the first five episodes of Diamond & Pearl were moved to Season 10 even though Cartoon Network ordered 52 episodes for the ninth season. I'm not sure how PUSA was able to get away with basically cheating the network out of five episodes, but they did.

For Season 10, the skipped clip show affected the numbering despite the fact that skipped episodes have never done that before. Season One still has 52 episodes even they they skipped three episodes, and Season Five still has 52 episodes even though they skipped that Ice Cave episode.

They skipped a clip show in Season 12, so it could end up being 51 episodes like Season 10 was.

Also, I don't know how many times we have to say this, but a new opening does not mean a new season.

I thought the Magnezone vs Metagross was the first episode of the new season

yea it does if the season has a new name its a new season even the dvd releases acknolowedge that

The only two seasons that aren't 52 episodes are Seasons 9 and 10.

For Season 9, the first five episodes of Diamond & Pearl were moved to Season 10 even though Cartoon Network ordered 52 episodes for the ninth season. I'm not sure how PUSA was able to get away with basically cheating the network out of five episodes, but they did.

For Season 10, the skipped clip show affected the numbering despite the fact that skipped episodes have never done that before. Season One still has 52 episodes even they they skipped three episodes, and Season Five still has 52 episodes even though they skipped that Ice Cave episode.

They skipped a clip show in Season 12, so it could end up being 51 episodes like Season 10 was.

Also, I don't know how many times we have to say this, but a new opening does not mean a new season.

Season 6 also had less than 52. (don't know if you're talking about DP only)

No, season 6 had 52 episodes. It didn't start with AG1.

It didn't?

Bulbapedia says 40 episodes, and my season 6 folder only has 40 (Ending with "Watt's with Wattson")

My season 7 folder starts with "What You Seed is What You Get" (AG041)

What did it start with then...

Season 6 started with "Address Unown". It lasted 52 episodes, so Season 7 started with "What you seed is what you get", like you say.

If Bulbapedia states otherwise, Bulbapedia is wrong, simple as that.

Oh.. I see.
"This is the first episode of American season 6. However, the Pokémon: Master Quest title remains for the remaining eleven episodes of the Johto saga."

The wiki's a little messed up then, because it's saying Season 5 is 65 episodes.

Bulbapedia's season listing isn't just wrong - it's wrong and inconsistent. They list "Season 1" as all the Kanto episodes, "Season 2" as Orange Islands and 3-5 by the dub's different Johto openings - even though the last few "Master Quest" episodes are season 6.

The thing is though, they divide "Season 1" and "Season 2" by the when the Japanese OP changed, whereas the rest of their boundaries were by the dub openings.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom