• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review New series: Initial thoughts

I was thinking about my initial thought. I do like this new series, but I hope there will be more interaction with the Pokémon.

Go already caught 23 individual pokémon but almost none of them really interacted much with Go. It's scary his latest catch Dewgong has shown more personality already then most other of his pokémon (accept for Scorbunny). I know it's hard to give all of them screentime if he catches so many Pokémon, but still... Rotating some of them in and out of his party and bond a little with them couldn't hurt. Scyther has shown to be interested in fighting, he still needs to evolve his 3 Wurple, Dewdong could be a Pokémonversion of Brock and so on...

But also Team Rocket has this problem now. Exept for Wobbufet who is essentialy a 4th team member, Jessie and James don't have any Pokémon on hand. And with their slot machine, they always have other pokémon each time. Although I did like them being worried for Gyarados and Tyranitar when they got attacked, it's not the same as the bond they shared with most of their other pokémon.

So I do hope Dragonite will have a story, Go will bond more with his Pokémon on screen for longer periods (I did like him play with his Kanto bug types in the dorm room and his group session with them where Mimey was the teacher) and I also hope Team Rocket will still have some pokémon on hand instead of only using the slot machine. Or it would be nice if they got some of the old pokémon they gave Giovanni at the end of past series out of the machine. Woobat, Yamask, Frillish, Amoongus, Inkay... Or a reunion with Arbok and Weezing when they revisit Hoenn.
Has anyone mentioned before or pointed out that Ash's new hat looks like it has a Letter C on it that might potentially mean Champion? If that's the case then I finally understand the meaning of the green L on his first-ever hat.

Don't diss his official Pokémon League Expo hat. ;)

Last edited:
No doubt Ash would lose to Leon, in which would start Ash's new journey of defeating him in order to become the Pokemon Master.

Also, how Leon would challenge against Lance and no doubt defeat him, would make me think that how Leon would challenge and defeat each Champion of each Region would be similar to how in Diamond and Pearl you see Cynthia challenging and defeating each member of the Elite Four.

I would love to see a bottleneck stalemate between Leon and Cynthia, with her having a Gigantamax Garchomp (probably be in Crown Tundra and possibly hinting for the Gen 4 Remake). Perhaps having the Champions in the Crown Tundra is what the next League challenge will be about.

Last edited:
Has anyone mentioned before or pointed out that Ash's new hat looks like it has a Letter C on it that might potentially mean Champion? If that's the case then I finally understand the meaning of the green L on his first-ever hat.
Well it’s not Ash’s fault that a recurring event of his life is that he throws his alarm clock at the wall in his sleep and as a result arrives late :p

Although I have some complaints about the series, one thing I'm enjoying about it is the variety of Pokemon we're seeing, 11 episodes in and we've seen quite a few Pokemon we haven't seen for years

Cascoon, Wurmple, Stantler just to name a few
Don’t forget Beartic. We saw it in Episode 8 for the first time since BW.

Just because I like Porygon a lot — and because it’d have actually shown up in the anime.
The banned ep doesn't count? Plus, it did appear in the backgrounds, sometimes. Didn't have a major role since he got banned tho, so I kinda get ya.

I mean, with their current technology and some foresight they could make a Porygon episode without giving everyone epilepsy, I suppose...

I know that... It makes the ban even more ridicoulus TBH.

It’s because the episode is associated with Porygon and Pikachu is the main mascot, so they had Porygon take the fall and don’t bring him up because they’re afraid of triggering the audience (or someone else; I dunno, really. It has to be a PR thing).

As I thought after reading about the latest episode with Leon... Lance would no doubt lose to him. Although with Leon being called a World Champion, would that make him a true Pokemon Master? And if so, then possibly by defeating him and the other Champions, Ash would finally achieve his goal of becoming Pokemon Master at the end of the new series.

Also, the Pokemon World Championship? Could that be what will be part of the Expansion Pass for The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra, where you see that Galar Pokemon League symbol but with two figures instead of one? This will be interesting to see, and would make sense. Having all the past Champions competing to become the World Champion. Defeating Leon and becoming Champion of Galar was only the beginning.

There could be a theme for Leon throughout the anime series where he confronts the other Champions of each region and defeating them. Diantha with her Gardevoir, Alder with his Volcarona, Steven with his Metagross, and Cynthia with her Garchomp. If a Sinnoh Remake is in the works, then perhaps Cynthia could act as a bottleneck to Leon's undefeated streak, since she too is undefeated, and like Wallace is a Champion Master, another Pokemon Master, just like Leon is. This makes perfect sense, especially if Cynthia's Garchomp has a Gigantamax Form. Probably just as if not more powerful than Mega Garchomp, just as Gigantamax Charizard is when compared with Mega Charizard X and Y.

So now Leon defeated two Champions from three Regions. Only four more to go.

The PWC will no doubt have returning Champions competing in it as well.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom