• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New series "Master Pokemon Black & White!" to start in next month's CoroCoro

"The Isshu Region - It is here that the tales of a boy take place!"

So, Black's name here is Monta(Check that out, a "-ta" name like "Hareta" from DPA!), and I'm not absolutely positive but he speaks with a dialect, kind of like Son Goku from Dragon Ball. It Looks like some kind of country dialect, though I can't say which one specifically. I want to say it's Tohoku-ben though, which would imply that Monta's from the countryside. Anyway, the pages are basically him and Tsutaja defeating Minezumi with some "Whip" move then Monta brags thay they're the greatest duo ever, yadda-yadda... It looks... nice, though.

Last edited:
This blog has some more pages from CoroCoro Special itself...you see Cheren, Wargle, Pokabu, and some random trainer...since this is a "Walkthrough" comic, I wonder if there's a guy like this in the game early on that you and Cheren battle?

Wargle uses Wing Attack, Peck and Fury Attack, and Pokabu uses Ember.

Creepy old man can be seen here:
vi332v.jpg
I'm guessing he is the trainer since he is pretty happy and Wargle seemed to have won.

I'm happy to see that the main character of this manga has the grass-type starter. Meh on Cheren who is using Pokabu, even if it does fit the type compatibility established in the games.

I assume that the old man in this comic is the same old man on the Best Wishes beta art?

Nope, it's not the same guy.

This guy looks like an old man, the guy on the Anime sheet looks like Danny Trejo.

Guessing this guy is just a trainer class...

So I picked up the issue of CoroCoro Special yesterday that had the first chapter. Overall, it's pretty decent and a lot less patronizing than I thought it would be. They explain some of the new mechanics introduced in the games but leave the rest up to us to figure out, so I'm happy I don't have to read "flying types are strong against grass types" for the billionth time. I wish Bel would do more - she's just sort of there in the first chapter - but Monta and Cheren seem to be pretty cool.

Hey, so who is the old guy with the Wargle?

Dogasu has updated with the information on the new manga and some characters in it so you might wanna check it out. :ksmile:

So, question.

In the manga, Cheren tells us that when you enter a battle against two wild pokemon, you have to defeat the pokemon you don't want first before you can catch the pokemon that you do want.

Was this something that had already been revealed, like in a previous CoroCoro issue? Or is this brand new information?

So, question.

In the manga, Cheren tells us that when you enter a battle against two wild pokemon, you have to defeat the pokemon you don't want first before you can catch the pokemon that you do want.

Was this something that had already been revealed, like in a previous CoroCoro issue? Or is this brand new information?

I could have sworn I heard this before. I believe it was in a rumor wayyyyy back about the revelation of Wild Double Battles in CoroCoro. I know I've heard this rule before.

So, question.

It was like that in Generation IV during the odd occasion where you would pair up with another trainer. So I guess this could be confirmation of it remaining the same.

Also, I read your summery of the first chapter. From the sounds of it; I hope Viz license it.

The dude on the motorcycle I'm guessing must be equivalent to the new Cueball-esque trainer class of Isshu.

So, question.

The same is true for the few wild double battles in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, so I suppose they're just confirming it's going to be the same in Black and White.

I never tried to capture any wild pokemon while engaged in double battles in DPPt, so I never knew that. Learn something new every day.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom