• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New series "Master Pokemon Black & White!" to start in next month's CoroCoro

Black/Monta-kun looks cute~ I guess this is a must-read for me! Also, Monta-kun has the grass snake, ooo~

So I'm kind of wondering how this series is going to work out. There's a chapter in this month's regular CoroCoro, but it almost seems like it's in a different continuity than the first chapter. Bel's nowhere to be seen, and everyone suddenly has a bunch of new pokemon.

I'm also wondering how long this series is going to run, and wouldn't be at all surprised if it never gets collected into a graphic novel.

How many comics has that happened to? The only one I can think of is Snatcher Leo.

Well, that and the card demonstration comics and the promo 4Koma on the card game web site, and the early CoroCoro movie "adaptations".

There are a ton that haven't been collected in graphic novel format, but you don't hear about them because...they haven't been collected in graphic novel format. There's all the stuff you mentioned, that one chapter Pokethlon manga, comics made for strategy guides, and other one-shots.

You'd think there'd be more of a push to scan those then. I wonder what the law would be on something like that, since you can't purchase them under any means once the magazine goes off the shelf.

The copyright laws that protect them would still be in effect even if CoroCoro or whoever never plans to release it in graphic novel format.

Nintendo probably wouldn't do anything if they found scans online, but they very well could if they felt like it.

I have my doubts it'll be collected. From your chapter summaries, it feels more like a game mechanics guide in comic book format than anything attempting to tell some sort of story, and it seems pretty uninteresting to anyone other than kids who are just picking up their first Pokemon game and want to learn stuff about them. Not exactly the kind of thing a lot of people will pay to have on their shelves.

My guess is it will run two or three more chapters, with more random, unrelated "stories" explaining stuff, and then end with no attempt at a conclusion.

So chapter three's out.

Anyone looking for any sort of story with this series is going to be disappointed. Each chapter feels completely disconnected from all previous chapters, and characters / pokemon who have appeared in the past don't necessarily appear in the other chapters. In the third chapter, for example, neither Cheren nor Bel were anywhere to be seen.

It's been confirmed that there will be a chapter running in the December issue of CoroCoro, as well as another one in the next issue of CoroCoro Special. So, we'll have at least five chapters altogether.

So chapter three's out.

Anyone looking for any sort of story with this series is going to be disappointed. Each chapter feels completely disconnected from all previous chapters, and characters / pokemon who have appeared in the past don't necessarily appear in the other chapters.

Like how PokeWake did it, or like they just have no idea how to write a linear story?

From the summaries, there's no attempt at storytelling at all, just some barebones stuff to get the main character into a battle where they can explain a new game mechanic through dialogue.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom