• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Spin Off Game Idea Thread

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
Mod Edit: While you may post your ideas here, feel free to create new threads for your ideas if they're expansive enough.

Just thought it would be nice if we can compile all ideas here, for easier browsing, comparing of ideas etc. Anyways, here's some of my ideas:

Pokémon Box DS
Platform: Nintendo DSi/XL & Nintendo 3DS (DSiWare)
Description: Pokémon Box DS will be a DSiWare game that is compatible with Pokémon Black, White and future Generation V games. It works by accessing it while you have a Generation V Pokémon game in your DS Card slot. The 'game' will have the following features:

- Allow you to deposit any Pokémon in your PC into one of 10 extra boxes (allowing storage of an extra 300 Pokémon). These Pokémon can be withdrawn and deposited by multiple Generation V games - although the National Dex will be needed to withdraw Pokémon in the withdrawing game that aren't in that game's regional Pokédex.
- Allows the storage of up to 30 items. These can be deposited and withdrawn by multiple Generation V games.
- Like Pokémon Box, you will obtain Pokémon eggs that hatch into Pokémon knowing special moves, depending on how many Pokémon you store (One Pokémon for starting, one for 50 Pokémon, one for 100 Pokémon, another for 250 Pokémon and another for 500 Pokémon).

Also, I would love to see:

Pokémon Ranger Wii
A Full 3D game, using a bird's-eye-view of GenV'sBattleRevolution sprites, which uses the use of either the Wiimote or the Nunchuck to draw circles around Pokémon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any ideas myself, but I like your Ranger suggestion. It'd be cool to be able to loop circles around mons using my wiimote :p

Well, for a Wii Version, they'd reduce the number of circles needed for Pokémon, but it won't exactly be difficult. Besides....nunchuck.

I've pondered about the concept of a Wii Ranger game, but honestly... I don't know how well it'd work. For starters, I'd imagine the strain it'd put on your wrist would lead to injuries, especially given how frantic and fast the gameplay already is on the DS. And the motions would get tiring very quickly; I couldn't imagine playing for long sessions on such a game. The nunchuck could certainly work, though.

I also don't like the concept of a handheld Box-type game. Given how much easier it is to lose a DS card than a Wii disc, losing a storage game like Box would leave you screwed. And I just think the whole process is better suited for a home console game, where the process of transferring Pokemon would happen much quicker (compare transferring Pokemon to Ranch, to trading Pokemon between DS games).

Personally, I'd really like to see a full-blown 3D game like Colosseum and XD on the 3DS, preferably a sequel to the aforementioned games. The 3DS is certain capable of producing at least N64-type graphics, if not GameCube graphics. Plus, it'd give for some more variety than the typical mainsteam Pokemon games.

My spin-off game idea: Pokemon pet

This is my idea for a spin-off pokemon game, not really sure on a title, Pokemon Pet might not work, I just thought of it on the spot, anyway the idea is really it would be a downloadable game for the 3DS, you put your gen V pokemon game cartridge in the 3DS, you load the game up, it lets you pick a pokemon, or more maybe, from your game to bring into Pokemon pet, and you can play with it like a pet, kind of like Nintendogs.

But that’s not all, this raises your friendship with your pokemon, you can also do special training with your pokemon here, train specific stats and stuff, just don't train them to hard.

And that’s mostly what I got for it, oh and it would be in 3D of course, and have good models, not like the models from My Pokemon Ranch, the idea isn’t complete so you guys should say what you think and if it's a bad or good idea, and what you think should be in it if it were to be made.

Re: My spin-off game idea: Pokemon pet

Eh. I'd rather stick with Nintendogs.

Well that has nothing to do with this topic.

It's still a good idea for a spinoff. Anyways, on the topic of PokePet........ I'd probably play it if you could get a Metagross and a Tyrannitar. (Thinks of all the epic destruction that could ensue by taking them for a walk)

It's still a good idea for a spinoff. Anyways, on the topic of PokePet........ I'd probably play it if you could get a Metagross and a Tyrannitar. (Thinks of all the epic destruction that could ensue by taking them for a walk)

You would be able to use all pokemon, it would mainly be a training device with the pet thing thrown in.

That'd be cool, and you could pick a starter from each region to be your first pet, and go around other regions to gain the trust of other Pokes.

That'd be cool, and you could pick a starter from each region to be your first pet, and go around other regions to gain the trust of other Pokes.

Thats cool also I geuss, but in the first post I said how it would be like a training thing to connect with your main game and how you use the pokemon from said game.

If you want better models than the Wii ones, then I'm sure you wouldn't want it to be a download game. Even if it was a cartridge game, I doubt you'd have access to all Pokemon up to Gen V, after all, if its Pokemon Pets, they'd probably only have the most pet-like Pokemon.

I'd rather they restrict themselves to just a few Pokemon and make the models the best they possibly could rather than making it for all the Pokemon.

Or.... You could simply transfer your Poke's through a Gen IV or V game, via a sorta 'Action Replay'-y thing. And that would allow you to play. It would be sort of like a Pokewalker, but minus the walking part.

If you want better models than the Wii ones, then I'm sure you wouldn't want it to be a download game. Even if it was a cartridge game, I doubt you'd have access to all Pokemon up to Gen V, after all, if its Pokemon Pets, they'd probably only have the most pet-like Pokemon.

I'd rather they restrict themselves to just a few Pokemon and make the models the best they possibly could rather than making it for all the Pokemon.

Um ok, for a game on it's own maybe, please read the full idea on what it is, it's a training extension.

Or.... You could simply transfer your Poke's through a Gen IV or V game, via a sorta 'Action Replay'-y thing. And that would allow you to play. It would be sort of like a Pokewalker, but minus the walking part.

Yes you get what I'm trying to say.

Pokemon Origins: Kanto/Hoenn/Sinnoh

System: DS/DSi/3DS
Description: Allows you to play as characters we've already met, based on the version you get (ie; Sinnoh allows you to play as a younger Cynthia and Cyrus; Hoenn gives you the choice between Archie and Maxie; and Kanto allows you to play as Prof. Oak and Giovanni). Among the roster of past characters (ie; Steven Stone and Wallace play rivals for the Hoenn version; Volkner and Flint annoy you throughout the Sinnoh version; and Madame Boss (Giovanni's mom) pulls a scheme to destroy the world in the Kanto one) are a few new ones, most of which would probably be dead by the time the characters themselves are adults. Each game goes forward in time by a decade. Origins: Kanto takes place in the 60's, Origins: Hoenn during the 70's, and Origins: Sinnoh in the 80's.

And I'm spent.

Training specific stats in the game themselves is quite easy, and friendship increases with very little effort.

Not an incentive to pay for an entirely new game. As for the "Pets" portion, the Dream World seems like a Pokemon oriented Neopets, so I don't see that working well either.

Training specific stats in the game themselves is quite easy, and friendship increases with very little effort.

Not an incentive to pay for an entirely new game. As for the "Pets" portion, the Dream World seems like a Pokemon oriented Neopets, so I don't see that working well either.

Pokemon oriented neopets? that sounds really cool, mind explaining, I havnt herd how the dream world will work, if it's a pet thing I need to find out more about this, I really want to be able to have a more personal experiance with my pokemon, why do you think I came up with this idea?

Its a website where you upload your Pokemon and play games, grow berries and decorate a house.

Its a website where you upload your Pokemon and play games, grow berries and decorate a house.

But can you do anything with your pokemon like play with them? And will they even make it avalable in english?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom