• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Spin Off Game Idea Thread

For a handheld box you would need 2 ds'es in order to use it, which sucks.

As for Ranger for the wii, I think they need to keep it to handhelds. Drawing circles with styli is easier than with wii-motes I think.

I see my thread has been fused with this one, it's for the best probably, I wouldve made it in this one to begin with if I had seen it anyway, as this is the proper place.

Pokemon Origins: Kanto/Hoenn/Sinnoh

System: DS/DSi/3DS
Description: Allows you to play as characters we've already met, based on the version you get (ie; Sinnoh allows you to play as a younger Cynthia and Cyrus; Hoenn gives you the choice between Archie and Maxie; and Kanto allows you to play as Prof. Oak and Giovanni). Among the roster of past characters (ie; Steven Stone and Wallace play rivals for the Hoenn version; Volkner and Flint annoy you throughout the Sinnoh version; and Madame Boss (Giovanni's mom) pulls a scheme to destroy the world in the Kanto one) are a few new ones, most of which would probably be dead by the time the characters themselves are adults. Each game goes forward in time by a decade. Origins: Kanto takes place in the 60's, Origins: Hoenn during the 70's, and Origins: Sinnoh in the 80's.

And I'm spent.

I like it!

Mine is PokéEmpire. It's like a version of Sid Mier's Civilization but with Pokémon. You basically choose a starter region (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Isshu) and make it into your own version of the regions we know and love today. You'd start as like a small village hunting Mons and eventually use them to shape the world around you into how you see fit.

I would like a Dsiware app that lets you trade using one DS.
You could put in one game, go onto the app. Then put in a pokémon to trade.
Put in the other game. If it's a diffrent one (Recognized by Trainer ID) then it sends it back to your game. You then have the option to send a pokémon on that game to the app, waiting for you next time you go on to the first game.

Pokemon Origins: Kanto/Hoenn/Sinnoh

System: DS/DSi/3DS
Description: Allows you to play as characters we've already met, based on the version you get (ie; Sinnoh allows you to play as a younger Cynthia and Cyrus; Hoenn gives you the choice between Archie and Maxie; and Kanto allows you to play as Prof. Oak and Giovanni). Among the roster of past characters (ie; Steven Stone and Wallace play rivals for the Hoenn version; Volkner and Flint annoy you throughout the Sinnoh version; and Madame Boss (Giovanni's mom) pulls a scheme to destroy the world in the Kanto one) are a few new ones, most of which would probably be dead by the time the characters themselves are adults. Each game goes forward in time by a decade. Origins: Kanto takes place in the 60's, Origins: Hoenn during the 70's, and Origins: Sinnoh in the 80's.

And I'm spent.
This. Though, maybe not the timelines. Giovanni's not that old I think. But what would be the 'starter' Pokemon?

Put in the other game. If it's a diffrent one (Recognized by Trainer ID) then it sends it back to your game. You then have the option to send a pokémon on that game to the app, waiting for you next time you go on to the first game.

And this. I'm tired of having to ask others to help me trade with myself.

Last edited:
I want a Coloseeum/XD for the Wii,and there could be wi-fi events for them that allow you to get event Pokemon like Celebi, Victini etc. then you could send them to your DS games. I liked how you could get Celebi from that disk, it was kind of a pain to get but worth it.

You, my friend, are a genius. Someone send this to Nintendo ASAP.
As for my own ideas, I'd like to see a game that's sort of like Mystery Dungeon or Rumble, but more platform-oriented.

It's the one...the only...

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Adventures of the Unknown

System: DS, DSi, 3DS

Plot: Kyurem, a dark and cold (no pun intended) Pokémon, has taken control of Zekrom and Reshiram, in an effort to wipe out the world as we know it, and make a new world fit for Pokémon worthy, and not helpless/weak Pokémon that need not live (*cough* FARFETCH'D*cough*) Kyurem has made the Seeker's Tournament where teams are settled and made to explore out in the toughest of dungeons, and explore as much as possible. Meanwhile, a strike of lightning from Zekrom misses aim, and shoots a young child (boy or girl depending) and knock them unconscious. They wake up to be the Pokémon depnede by the character test., While found lying on the top of a cave, the player's partner finds them and takes them back to Tabuune's (the equivalent of Wigglytuff) team, where the plarer and partner get asigned. Tabuune's asistant, Washibon (the equivalent of Chatot) is there to assign ther player duties and explain their life., as the player plays, they unravel the plot more and more, until they find out that the real trouble maker is none other than.....GENESECT!!! He took control of Kyurem in an effort to destroy all, he only wants a realm for himself. then, they are sent to the last dungeon, the Frontier of Shadows, where the finaly battle with Genesect takes place.

Features:

*Fifty dungeons
*Wi-Fi connectivity.
*friend codes
* ability to trade with PMD:2, sky, darkness, and time
*Rumble style battling sequences at times.
*actual Vs. screens
*Gen 1-Gen 5 pokemon
*ability to evolve inside dungeons
*typical dungeon physics except with Gen 5 graphics
* SPECIAL FEATURE 3DS ONLY: you can make the Pokemon appear 3-d at times, and they will appear as they did in Rumble/Ranch, except with better antialiasing (more detail)

Cost: $35.00 (with tax)

Box art:

Chillarmy, Tsuarja, Onukusu, Shanderea Wargle, and some more Pokemon are featured on the cover, with a a dark Genesect in the background, similar to what darkrai looked liek in the cover of Shadows of Almia

Tell me what you guys think;)

Last edited:
Pokemon Chef!
Platform: DS/WII.
Description: Ever wondered what Pokemon eat beside berries and poffins? Well now you get too be a chef! Mixing all kinds of ingrediants too make fruity and meaty food!
Price: £15.

Well, I was thinking this idea...

Pokemon Park Builder for DS

You can build your own Pokemon Park just for Pokemon. You have to make it suitable for each Pokemon. Create areas for Rock, Water, Fire, and other types of Pokemon! place fun toys for the Pokemon!

I know it might seem stupid... :goof:

And then this idea

Pokemon Piccross for DS

Punch your way through fun challenging puzzles as you try to figure out which Pokemon it is! Tap the blocks and choose the right ones to find out which Pokemon it is! Over 490 puzzles!

That was a really short description.

Here's another one

Pokemon Cooking for DS

Feed hungary Pokemon their favorite foods by cooking it for them1Over 300 dishes to unlock! Slice, chop and do other fun motions with the sylus to cook the food!

I hope you like them!! :-D

Last edited:
I have a rather large idea that's been runnin about my head for months now, but anytime I've brought it up to anyone they haven't agreed with me.

It'd be a Wii game, and just recently, I'd thought that you would be able to choose which region you'd start in (although no matter what, you'd eventually be able to visit all of them). You would design your own character and play through a totally new storyline (that would be pretty similar no matter what region you chose). There would be a wider range of starters respective to that region, for example, in Kanto, you could pick between the usual three, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, but also Pokemon like Pikachu, Vulpix, Growlithe, Poliwag, Abra etc. The one that you picked would then be far less common in the wild.

The game play would be dramatically different. You would control your character as you do in a typical, modern Legend of Zelda game. The landscape would be better designed, and we'd be able to fully grasp the beauty of the Pokemon world. Likewise, instead of being randomly pulled into a battle sequence every now and then when running through tall grass, you would be able to see Pokemon around you, and you'd be able to chase them to try and catch them. This would give things like footprints and habitat a much bigger role, as you would be able to hunt and track Pokemon to catch different kinds. I'd also like some kind of real time battling to go with this game, instead of the regular turn based action that we get in the handhelds.

When flying, you'd be able to control your journey like in Guardian Signs, and when your surfing it would also be a similar concept.

I'm still working on it and thinking about it a lot, and I know it's a tall order, but when I think about it in my head it looks amazing.

I'm also in full support of Pokemon Snap 2 and Stadium 3. In Stadium 3, again, as I've said in a different thread, should have some way that they could connect an old Gameboy to the Wii and transfer their old Gen I and II Pokemon into the game, where they'd be converted into the Gen IV data type, and so you'd be able to use your old Pokemon.

Pokemon Game Corner 3D
Play multiple arcade games at Mauville's Electric Game Corner, Voltorb Flip, Voltorb Pinball, Slots & Roulette (Jp only), Pikachu's Surf, Dodrio Berry Picking, Pokemon Jump, Feed Swalot, Circus Mime Jr. Berry Crush, Pokethlon Minigames, Battle Bingo, Battle Sims, Trick Masters Challenge, and more!

Earn Coins and Tickets, and redeem for Mystery Gift Transfers to Games from both Generation IV & V such as Manaphy Egg, Surfing Pikachu, Zorua Egg, Rare Berries, Evolution Items, Flutes, Type enhancing items and Jewels.
Secret Base & House Decorations, D/P/Pt
Lock Capsule

Pokemon Ranger for Wii was an interesting idea. It at least takes away the risk of screen burn on the DS (although the later games have already been getting better with this with each installment).

Also, I like the pokemon pet idea. Something tells me that since the creation of the Pokewalker, we're going to be seeing a lot more pokemon mini-games like that.

I remember I used to have a whole bunch of ideas years ago, but I can't seem to remember them now. :(

an old idea of mine: Pokemon Hex

you'd be able to choose boy or girl (hints: boy name: Matsuba, Girl name: Shikimi) and you would live in a region where all sorts of apparitions ,huh..., appear to people, and you can use your pokemon against them, (you can only have ghost/dark/poison/psychic and some bugs however) and it would be a sidescrolling game alot like the ''castlevania'' series, where your character and starter ( Shandera for shikimi and Gengar for matsuba), can follow you around and when you find a monster (yes, monster) you can assign a move for each of the x,y,a and b buttons and your pokemon would use it, pokemon will be scarcer and be required to be caught in order to move forward in the game.

would you buy that?

I suppose what I'd want the most aside from a console RPG again is a Pokemon Rumble sequel. Do away with the toy mechanic and backstory, introduce some more depth in the gameplay (combos? more attacks? evading?), include more levels, and feature Isshu and Hoenn Pokemon (which could help advertise both Black and White, and may the potential Ruby and Sapphire remakes too).

I've pondered about the concept of a Wii Ranger game, but honestly... I don't know how well it'd work. For starters, I'd imagine the strain it'd put on your wrist would lead to injuries, especially given how frantic and fast the gameplay already is on the DS. And the motions would get tiring very quickly; I couldn't imagine playing for long sessions on such a game. The nunchuck could certainly work, though.

I was going to say something similar, because I've played a game like that as a minigame in Mario Party 8 where you had to loop the thing with the remote, and it was really hard. I can't beat that game, so I don't know how it would work for a Ranger game.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom