• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Spin Off Game Idea Thread

I have a rather large idea that's been runnin about my head for months now, but anytime I've brought it up to anyone they haven't agreed with me.

It'd be a Wii game, and just recently, I'd thought that you would be able to choose which region you'd start in (although no matter what, you'd eventually be able to visit all of them). You would design your own character and play through a totally new storyline (that would be pretty similar no matter what region you chose). There would be a wider range of starters respective to that region, for example, in Kanto, you could pick between the usual three, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, but also Pokemon like Pikachu, Vulpix, Growlithe, Poliwag, Abra etc. The one that you picked would then be far less common in the wild.

The game play would be dramatically different. You would control your character as you do in a typical, modern Legend of Zelda game. The landscape would be better designed, and we'd be able to fully grasp the beauty of the Pokemon world. Likewise, instead of being randomly pulled into a battle sequence every now and then when running through tall grass, you would be able to see Pokemon around you, and you'd be able to chase them to try and catch them. This would give things like footprints and habitat a much bigger role, as you would be able to hunt and track Pokemon to catch different kinds. I'd also like some kind of real time battling to go with this game, instead of the regular turn based action that we get in the handhelds.

When flying, you'd be able to control your journey like in Guardian Signs, and when your surfing it would also be a similar concept.

I'm still working on it and thinking about it a lot, and I know it's a tall order, but when I think about it in my head it looks amazing.

I'm also in full support of Pokemon Snap 2 and Stadium 3. In Stadium 3, again, as I've said in a different thread, should have some way that they could connect an old Gameboy to the Wii and transfer their old Gen I and II Pokemon into the game, where they'd be converted into the Gen IV data type, and so you'd be able to use your old Pokemon.

It's not really a spin-off, but I think that's an amazing idea. The whole footprint idea would also make Pokemon that float rarer, like Duskull.

A new game should come out with black and white like Ranger for DP and explorers for RSE.

A bad-guy spin-off where you totally get to hook up with the hot team leader... -bricked-

How would a bad-guy spin-off work? D: You go around being a punk and beating people up and stealing Pokemon?

OOH! Hah, no, never mind. A Pokemon dating-sim wouldn't work. D8; I'll leave that to Harvest Moon.

Wii Fit Plus: Pokemon Edition

A new island in the Pokemon world has just be discovered, and everyone there loves working out and getting in shape! Have a run around the island with your favorite Pokemon! Ride a bike and race against Dodrio for the best time! Practice your Kung Fu moves with Hitmonlee, or take it to the Rhythm Punching Bag with Hitmonchan! Do some yoga with Ditto! Get into a snowball fight with Cubchoo and his winter friends! Compare your current weight with that of countless Pokemon! Are you as heavy as a Snorlax or as light as a Gastly? Find out in Wii Fit Plus: Pokemon Edition!

-------------------

PokePark Tycoon

Think you have what it takes to care for Pokemon? Well, try designing a Pokemon Day Care for them! Start off with a small plot of land where trainers will drop of their Pokemon to rest and relax. Charge a reasonable admission fee to ensure you get as many Pokemon as you can. Build attractions that suit all types of different Pokemon. Why not a small jungle gym for the tiny Pokemon? Or perhaps you need a large see-saw for those larger evolutions to play with? Don't forget about the water-types! They love playing with the Beach Balls and Water Rings! With enough land and money, you could even buy a Haunted House for Ghost and Dark type Pokemon to hang out and enjoy! PokePark Tycoon! It's more than a Day Care...

-------------------

Pokemon Horoscope Channel

Based off of the exclusive Japanese Wii Channel of the same name, Jirachi stars in this new distraction for Wii owners! Simply select your Mii, making sure you imput your birthday upon creating it. Help Jirachi out a bit by giving the year you were born! Don't worry, he won't tell anyone how old you are! And with that information, Jirachi will display your horoscope for the day, month, and even year based on your star sign! Jirachi will even give you two options to pick from: Western or Eastern Zodiac!! Want specific information about something in your future? Talk to some of Jirachi's friends! Smoochum will give you advice on love and friendship based on your star sign and current date, or select another Mii from your Wii to see if the two of you make a good pair or not! Curious about your financial future? That's what Meowth is for, who will let you know when it's a good time to be frugal or go crazy with your money! Don't delay! Jirachi and his friends are waiting for you to check out the Pokemon Horoscope Channel! Available exclusively on the Wii!

-------------------

UNNAMED POKEMON RTS GAME

Take the role of the leader of an evil Pokemon team. Pick from classic Team organizations, such as Team Rocket or Team Galaxy, and try to meet their ultimate goals. Unlock the ability to create and name your own Team and conquer the known Pokemon world with several unique missions and scenarios. Hire grunts and executives, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. Steal Pokemon from the wild or other trainers as a form of resource, with the capture of Legendary Pokemon being the ultimate prize for taking over specific areas! But whatever you do, DON'T LET THAT UPSTART KID RUIN YOUR PLANS! Do you have what it takes to take over the Pokemon world?

I have a rather large idea that's been runnin about my head for months now, but anytime I've brought it up to anyone they haven't agreed with me.

It'd be a Wii game, and just recently, I'd thought that you would be able to choose which region you'd start in (although no matter what, you'd eventually be able to visit all of them). You would design your own character and play through a totally new storyline (that would be pretty similar no matter what region you chose). There would be a wider range of starters respective to that region, for example, in Kanto, you could pick between the usual three, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, but also Pokemon like Pikachu, Vulpix, Growlithe, Poliwag, Abra etc. The one that you picked would then be far less common in the wild.

The game play would be dramatically different. You would control your character as you do in a typical, modern Legend of Zelda game. The landscape would be better designed, and we'd be able to fully grasp the beauty of the Pokemon world. Likewise, instead of being randomly pulled into a battle sequence every now and then when running through tall grass, you would be able to see Pokemon around you, and you'd be able to chase them to try and catch them. This would give things like footprints and habitat a much bigger role, as you would be able to hunt and track Pokemon to catch different kinds. I'd also like some kind of real time battling to go with this game, instead of the regular turn based action that we get in the handhelds.

When flying, you'd be able to control your journey like in Guardian Signs, and when your surfing it would also be a similar concept.

I'm still working on it and thinking about it a lot, and I know it's a tall order, but when I think about it in my head it looks amazing.
OH MY GOD YES. Send a letter to Game Freak, quick! It's a matter of national security!

Also, a game where you're an Aura Gaurdian would be flippin' awesome.

Considering that they've dropped the berry planting mechanic and has been nerfing the amount of berries you can make since HgSs, I'd say for Gen VI on the 3DS, they create a 3DSware game that's basically a Pokemon/Harvest Moon spin-off.

You can send berries you found in-game to that game to grow, and that game itself can find its own berries to grow, and they could have other gameplay features that make it interesting. Perhaps allowing you to sell berries to gain money in that game that you can buy items for (different berries yielding different amounts of cash)

Considering that they've dropped the berry planting mechanic and has been nerfing the amount of berries you can make since HgSs, I'd say for Gen VI on the 3DS, they create a 3DSware game that's basically a Pokemon/Harvest Moon spin-off.

You can send berries you found in-game to that game to grow, and that game itself can find its own berries to grow, and they could have other gameplay features that make it interesting. Perhaps allowing you to sell berries to gain money in that game that you can buy items for (different berries yielding different amounts of cash)

Can't you do that already in Dream World?

Can't you do that already in Dream World?
Except you know, the fact where you can't even water your own berries due to the one-hour limit, need a computer to play it on, have to put your Pokemon to sleep etc...

Whereas my proposal can let you play it any time especially since the 3DS has a "Home" Button.

The Dream World was actually the worst way to grow berries I've ever seen. Yeah, HgSs's berry pots limited the amount of berries but on the plus side, they were always with you so you never lost track.

EDIT: And due to its 25 h restriction, it seems that the berry's growth rates have been severely slowed down :/

Last edited:
1. Pokemon Ranger 4: Shining Eclipse
So it would have two islands. One big industrial city and the other island is the complete opposite. A natural city.
I imagine the bosses to be:

Shining Island (The "White" one)
-Excadrill
-Liepard
-Emboar
-Krookodile
-Gothitelle
-Reshiram

Eclipse Island (The "Black" one)
-Whimsicott
-Musharna
-Serperior
-Stoutland
-Reuiniclus
-Zekrom

Final Boss (On the "Grey" Tower place)
-Braviary
-Mandibuzz
-Kyurem

2.Pokémon Ranger Wii
The same as above, but the Styler is a peripheral for the Wii. Obviously with enhanced features and compatibility for "Project Café".

I'd go for a Ranger-ish game, but where you are a trainer. You send out a Pokemon and control it with the stylus and use whatever move you set to it (like in mystery dungeon) to attack the other Pokemon.

Pokemon Ocean (Wii)

You're a Pokemon Sea Explore (chose either boy or girl) and is given missions, where you have to explore the deepts of the sea by taking photos of the water Pokemon and help those who need help!

- Is set in the "region" of Atlanto (mostly sea)
- Over 1000 different missions!
- 10 different multiplayer games! Also over Wi-Fi! (play as your Mii)
- Over 100 Pokemon to be found!

... I haven't got anything else for this game, but its a mix of those Ocean games a Snap xD

Pokémon Snap 3DS

• Several different locations, perhaps a set-up like classic Mario games where you have individual 'Worlds' and 'levels' within those worlds to allow for nearly all the Pokémon to be photographed while keeping it believable that those Pokemon would all happen to just live there. It also allows for the possibility of revisiting main-series regions but through the perspective of Snap.
  • Augmented Reality mode to allow you to photograph the real world altered to look like scenery in the Pokemon world
  • The ability to save 2D version of the images on an SD card
  • Something like the Flip Note Hatena website where you can send your images online and view other people's on the 3DS.

I love the pokepark/daycare building ideas and, would buy them happily.

one of the other ideas i liked (but isn't here yet) is a type of super smash bros completely for Pokemon.

the stages could just be stuff like a forest, lake, cave, etc. and have it boost certain Pokemon depending on type and habitat (some thing like if its their correct habitat it boosts attacks by 50% and type is only 10% or so)

the Pokemon would be wild (not a trophy like in super smash bros) with a story where they trying to combine/separate Pokemon and humans based on the story in black and white but from a wild Pokemon's perspective.

Last edited:
i think there should be pokemon game with a contest theme. it has the same theme as the pokemon contestes in the anime. for instance, you would play of against drew and may and stuff. you could also combo your attacks

I'm also in full support of Pokemon Snap 2 and Stadium 3. In Stadium 3, again, as I've said in a different thread, should have some way that they could connect an old Gameboy to the Wii and transfer their old Gen I and II Pokemon into the game, where they'd be converted into the Gen IV data type, and so you'd be able to use your old Pokemon.

this is bloody awesome

my idea of a spin off would be where you are a pokemon and battle other pokemon in a way similar to quick time events nut far lesss crap

I have a new idea for a Pokemon Ranger game, which unfortunately probably won't incorporate BW.

Basically, in Guardian Signs, we have the prequel to Oblivia's legend told in the past missions. We aren't told about the struggles of the hero (heavily implied to be Ravio) against the evil ruler (implied to be Sabios).

How about a Pokemon Platformer game, the developers will be happy to make one if enough fan requests accroding to their interview with Nintendo Power.

Character selection may be based off of SMB2 with Pikachu and the recent starter Pokemon using their sig moves and abilites to get from Point A to Point B. Bosses will be fierce Pokemon such as Gyarados and Salamence.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom