• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Ninte

Whoa. Wii Fit Trainer? Who would've thought?

Re: New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Ninte

I'm hoping for Marth (lighter) and Chrom (mid-to-heavyweight)
For Lucario to be replaced with Mewtwo.1 or a new G6 'Mon
For Meta Knight to be nerfed to B or C-tier

I agree with all of this. I'd be ok with Ike being replaced by Chrom. I definitely want to see Mewtwo again, hopefully in addition to a Gen 6 one. I wonder if Jigglypuff's moves will change any with the addition of its new type.

I kind of feel that Meta Knight won't need much of a nerf though judging by how a lot of the characters move in the trailers we've seen. They really seem like they've stepped up their game in making gameplay very fast-paced and characters powerful.

Ike should NEVER be replaced! He's the second most important lord in the FE series after Marth. He's had starring roles in two games, already got to be in Brawl, and he has a large fanbase in the west. Ike deserves to stay and there's no reason he should be cut. D:

Ike should NEVER be replaced! He's the second most important lord in the FE series after Marth. He's had starring roles in two games, already got to be in Brawl, and he has a large fanbase in the west. Ike deserves to stay and there's no reason he should be cut. D:

I'm not a huge Fire Emblem fan, so I don't really know who's popular and who's not. You're probably right about him not leaving, I just figured that they'd only keep one character and switch out Ike like they did with Roy. ^^

I'm not a huge Fire Emblem fan, so I don't really know who's popular and who's not. You're probably right about him not leaving, I just figured that they'd only keep one character and switch out Ike like they did with Roy. ^^

So Ike should be cut simply because they already replaced an FE character ONCE? Yeah, no lol. Roy was in Melee only for advertising purposes. Ike's games were already out when he was included in Brawl and he is quite popular out here. He was in because of popularity and importance. He also got nice references in Awakening, such as a descendant and a paralogue chapter named after him (The Radiant Hero, which is his title).

Villager and Wii fitness trainer girl looked rubbish. Seriously if there is no Sonic or older char and those two failbots are in there I'll nintenpalm my face....

I thought the wii fir trainer was stupid. After second considerations it might actually work. xD

Can we please get Issac?

@Kelleo

I meant that SS and TP look alike that there's no real difference between them. Same hairstyle, same hat, same tunic, same underarmor, same pants, same boots. The official art differs greatly, but there's no mistaking they're identical.

Then again I miss differences and the like between characters, but I honestly can't see a diference between SS and TP.

I don't really see much of a difference either. :/ It looks like the same fringe on their clothes, the same gauntlet, same sheath, same everything.

@Kelleo

I meant that SS and TP look alike that there's no real difference between them. Same hairstyle, same hat, same tunic, same underarmor, same pants, same boots. The official art differs greatly, but there's no mistaking they're identical.

Then again I miss differences and the like between characters, but I honestly can't see a diference between SS and TP.
Well... the bottom Link's head is bigger, or his haircut is smaller, or his face is just bigger. Does that count? (probably not)

There are many differences between the two. SS Link has a different collar on his tunic, his bangs look different, his boots look a little different, his ears look different, his pants are bit more brown and poofy, and he doesn't have that brown thing on either of his gauntlets. He's also right-handed, not a lefty. He also has more defined lips. TP Link's hat is also more worn (because it's very old and the same one OoT Link wore). They are not anywhere near identical, but they are a bit similar.

At first I thought it was SS link as well... but it really is TP link, and not just because of the handedness... I figured they'd flip him anyway on that front.

main.png

link.jpg

See how look of the Brawl Link almost completely match? Right down to the shield design.

I flipped an image of SS Link so everyone could compare.
I mean they are similar it could be a slight amalgam I suppose.

DdKT0fM.png

They do look more alike when SS Link is flipped yeah. But SS Link still lacks the brown gauntlet thing and has browner, poofier pants. xP His boots look different too, still.

This is just wishful thinking, but I wish Dementio or Count Bleck would be playable, or at least make a cameo appearance. Heck, maybe Dimension D could even be a new stage!

I don't know why, but does anyone else get weirded out by Brawl Link's eyes?

They do look more alike when SS Link is flipped yeah. But SS Link still lacks the brown gauntlet thing and has browner, poofier pants. xP His boots look different too, still.

I agree it's obviously not the SS Link in SSB4.

The boots and pants and hat and belt buckle all match between Brawl and SSB4 and do not match Skyward Sword Link's design.

I was thinking why this might be but I think it's less to do with link and more to do with Zelda... who I don't think has the right look in SS for the game, and besides there is no design for Ganondorf and Sheik in Skyward Sword.

So best to keep it all within the same game universe.

But they could have made him OoT link again, just to commemorate the 3DS release. I dunno.

se in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Nintendo

I just saw the trailer for Wii Fit Trainer, and lol, looks like a brilliant idea

I agree it's obviously not the SS Link in SSB4.

The boots and pants and hat and belt buckle all match between Brawl and SSB4 and do not match Skyward Sword Link's design.

I was thinking why this might be but I think it's less to do with link and more to do with Zelda... who I don't think has the right look in SS for the game, and besides there is no design for Ganondorf and Sheik in Skyward Sword.

So best to keep it all within the same game universe.

But they could have made him OoT link again, just to commemorate the 3DS release. I dunno.

But Sheik wasn't in TP either. And I don't see why SS Zelda couldn't be in over TP Zelda. Zelda was never shown using magic or even attacking much at all throughout the Zelda series, and even when she did, she only used a bow (not counting the suits of armor in Spirit Tracks). SS Zelda could be made to use magic just fine. As for Ganondorf, just give him a more Skyward Sword-esque style. Nothing wrong with that when they gave Sheik a TPish design for Brawl.

Any stages confirmed? I heard that in the past, there had been stages that represent the fields of each games. Is it true that Spear Pillar was used in the past?

Yeah, there have been confirmed stages.

- Arena Ferox from Fire Emblem: Awakening (Freakin' YES!)
- Skyloft from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Hell yeah!)
- A Megaman stage
- Spirit Train (driven by Link) from The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
- Gerudo Valley from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

And that's what I remember off the top of my head. Also, yes, Spear Pillar was a stage in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom