• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Ninte

The MegaMan stage is located outside Wily Castle.

I see no reason for Zoroark to be in this game. It's completely irrelevant at this point. By the time the game releases we'll have 100 some new pokemon. Zoroark had little importance anyway once the games came out other than being a character on Smash. Brawl came out midway through Lucario's debut generation. These games are coming out after Zoroark's generation will have already been overshadowed.

Re: New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Ninte

I agree it's obviously not the SS Link in SSB4.

The boots and pants and hat and belt buckle all match between Brawl and SSB4 and do not match Skyward Sword Link's design.

I was thinking why this might be but I think it's less to do with link and more to do with Zelda... who I don't think has the right look in SS for the game, and besides there is no design for Ganondorf and Sheik in Skyward Sword.

So best to keep it all within the same game universe.

But they could have made him OoT link again, just to commemorate the 3DS release. I dunno.

But Sheik wasn't in TP either. And I don't see why SS Zelda couldn't be in over TP Zelda. Zelda was never shown using magic or even attacking much at all throughout the Zelda series, and even when she did, she only used a bow (not counting the suits of armor in Spirit Tracks). SS Zelda could be made to use magic just fine. As for Ganondorf, just give him a more Skyward Sword-esque style. Nothing wrong with that when they gave Sheik a TPish design for Brawl.

while sheik wasn't in TP the design team for that game made a design for her at some point intending for her to be in the game. I mean they might have done that in skyward sword as well I'm not sure.

People might not even recognize zelda if they use the SS version, she is certainly very different designwise from OoT or TP Zelda.

skyward_sword_zelda_ssbb_by_brosandi7-d4cerzk.png

It would actually be nice to play as her I'm sure... at least have an alternate costume to look like her?

Last edited:

Yeah, true, but I think we need SOME Skyward Sword representation other than a single stage. This is another reason I want Ghirahim so much for a newcomer.

I see no reason for Zoroark to be in this game. It's completely irrelevant at this point. By the time the game releases we'll have 100 some new pokemon. Zoroark had little importance anyway once the games came out other than being a character on Smash. Brawl came out midway through Lucario's debut generation. These games are coming out after Zoroark's generation will have already been overshadowed.

I have to disagree. I think Zoroark would be a fine choice as a character. His powers would be completely unique, and it would be very fun just to use him.

P.S. The Nintendo guy I know says he'll be in it, so take that!

ame scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Nintendo

I have to disagree. I think Zoroark would be a fine choice as a character. His powers would be completely unique, and it would be very fun just to use him.

P.S. The Nintendo guy I know says he'll be in it, so take that!

Oh sure. Tell us that N's in the game as well

Zoroark will probably be in the game at least in a Pokéball, though.

You have to remember Brawl had to feature Gen III and IV together, having Rayquaza as a boss. Zoroark is one of the (if not the) most notable Gen V Pokémon, so I wouldn't be surprised if it did get an special treatment of some kind.

As for Gen VI... well, we don't have anything like Lucario and Zoroark for that, unless Mewtwo's New Form counts. And if that does... I guess that means Mewtwo could very well return to Smash, then. (With the new form being Final Smash related or something)
Actually, that is something I can see as being more likely to happen. Mewtwo is one of the Smash characters most wanted, after all.

Ever since Mewtwo got a new forme I suspected its chances of returning to Smash to be super high. He was pretty slow in Melee, so I could easily see them keeping him that way and then having him be able to Transform similar to Zelda or perhaps have the transformation be his final smash similar to Samus, and having the new forme be much faster.

Nah we need Groose!

I would love to see an updated version of the Pokémon Trainer, with Gen V or VI starters. However, I don't think that will happen. A kid can dream, though.

I would love to see an updated version of the Pokémon Trainer, with Gen V or VI starters. However, I don't think that will happen. A kid can dream, though.
You sound awfully uncertain for supposedly knowing what we'll be seeing already.

Last edited:

You sound awfully uncertain for supposedly knowing what we'll be seeing already.

Like I said, he doesn't tell me everything. Unless I ask specifically about something, he generally doesn't tell me. Plus, He told me Pokémon Trainer won't be coming back. So unless he meant the current version, I don't think we'll be seeing anymore Pokémon Trainer.

They probably have an idea of who's going to be in the game and who isn't, but there's still an entire year until the game comes out. As data in the previous games has shown, it's not uncommon for characters to be added late or even removed late. So yeah...smells like BS to me.

So glad they're also releasing this for the 3DS with only stages from portable console games. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom