• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Nintendo Direct ...

Nintendo Direct has revealed the latest instalment in the Super Smash Bros. series. The game will be released in 2014 for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and will feature a number of existing characters, including Pikachu, as well as two new challengers. These two challengers will be Villager (from Animal Crossing) and Capcom's Mega Man.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Ninte

Mewtwo and Zoroark will be playable as the new Pokémon characters. However, Pokémon Trainer will not be returning.

Re: New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Ninte

Mewtwo and Zoroark will be playable as the new Pokémon characters. However, Pokémon Trainer will not be returning.

Where in the world did you get that information? Certainly not the official site because they're not shown there.

Don't tell anyone, but I know an intern who works at Nintendo. ;)

Yaaaay Kirby is in the game!

I call fib cause you say don't tell anyone, but you went and posted it on a public forum. xP

Anyway, the games look awesome, of course, but I was disappointed by two things:

1. Link is not Skyward Sword Link, but still TP Link. WTF? Skyward Sword is the newest 3D Zelda now! And Link needs his awesome Sacred Bow and Skyward Strike! WTF, really.

2. No mention of anything Fire Emblem. I want to see Ike and Chrom, damn it! PLEASE keep Ike. <3 Although, there is a stage that is most probably Arena Ferox from FE: Awakening, which is cool. :D

I call fib cause you say don't tell anyone, but you went and posted it on a public forum. xP

Anyway, the games look awesome, of course, but I was disappointed by two things:

1. Link is not Skyward Sword Link, but still TP Link. WTF? Skyward Sword is the newest 3D Zelda now! And Link needs his awesome Sacred Bow and Skyward Strike! WTF, really.

2. No mention of anything Fire Emblem. I want to see Ike and Chrom, damn it! PLEASE keep Ike. <3 Although, there is a stage that is most probably Arena Ferox from FE: Awakening, which is cool. :D

The only characters who will NOT be returning are Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, and Pokémon Trainer.

The only characters who will NOT be returning are Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, and Pokémon Trainer.

I'd like to believe you (since I don't really care for any of those three), but you don't know this for sure. Nothing about their status has been confirmed.

I'd like to believe you (since I don't really care for any of those three), but you don't know this for sure. Nothing about their status has been confirmed.

You're right, none of it has been confirmed. I understand why you doubt it, but trust me: they won't be returning (thank God!).

If my Mr. GW isn't in the next Smash, I quit, regardless of my hype for the Villager and Megaman.

No offense, but I am glad that he is leaving. His way of moving was so annoying, and his Final Smash was just terrible.

But how could you quit the series? I would never do that even if they took away Meta Knight!

Because removing characters, especially one that has been there for the past 2 installments, isn't beneficial at all. I would expect Nintendo to be simply adding, not retracting, but I guess not.

(not that I believe what you're saying. But just in case they do)

Well, I just really want Ike and Chrom and more Fire Emblem stuff in general! It's really underrepresented right now, with so few trophies and stuff in Brawl. The selection of music wasn't that bad though. I'd love to see Ephraim added too (he's from one of the GBA FE games), even though he's not recent. He wields lances instead of swords though, and doesn't have blue hair (it's more aqua green, at least the way I see it). :D

That IS SS Link. Haven't you played SS? Their outfits and hairstyles are virtually identical, except SS seems to have darker hair.

I'm super excited about Pit's supposed new moveset. He was a bit boring in Brawl, in my opinion, and I'd love to see him spiced up a bit since Uprising.

I loved Villager's evil look (as seen in Rainy Day's avi I believe.) His whole moveset seems very creative and fun.

I about had a cow when I saw Megaman. In a good way, of course. He was probably my number 1 most wanted character, especially out of non-Nintendo characters. I'm glad to see his classic look and impressive array of abilities.

Overall, this game looks like it's going to be epic!

That IS SS Link. Haven't you played SS? Their outfits and hairstyles are virtually identical, except SS seems to have darker hair.

Um, check again. SS Link isn't even close to the Link in the new SSB. It's TP Link. Compare:

main.png

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-wii-version-20060509115842692_640w.jpg

guess they stuck to his TP look because it meshes more with the others.

I'm hoping for Marth (lighter) and Chrom (mid-to-heavyweight)
For Lucario to be replaced with Mewtwo.1 or a new G6 'Mon
For Meta Knight to be nerfed to B or C-tier

Mega Man was expected. Would like to see Sonic again too.
And then the boy from Animal Crossing caught Mario in a net. It only got funnier from there. What a clown.

Hoo boy, this game's gonna be a smash hit!

Mewtwo will be playable along with Lucario, who isn't leaving. Meta Knight is going to be a lot weaker, too.

[video=youtube;vQD1yJinzeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ#aid=P9KUNsaNXUI[/video]

At the end there's another new character... just saying. I kind of like it. XD

Just saw that vid. I actually think Wii Fit Trainer seems cool. Nintendo, you amaze me with how you can turn a seemingly stupid idea into a surprisingly good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom