• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Super Smash Brothers Brawl Site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
After a year of nothing....

http://www.smashbros.com/index.html

Opens in 2 days (japanese time, probably around Monday or so then).

Just for shits and giggles, here's a "rumour" of what will be in it...

ecently Super Smash Bros. Brawl has a 7 day countdown. I can tell you a few things you'll see when that site goes up - a video will be displayed in both English and Japanese depending on which you choose. The video will display new characters, returning characters, and at the end give a release date.

Returning characters not yet revealed

Sheik/Zelda
Capt. Falcon
Marth
Peach
Bowser
Ness
DK
Yoshi

Replacements
Roy will be replaced with Ike from the series
Pichu will be replaced with Plusle and Minun as one character
Young Link will be replaced with a cel-shaded Link

New characters
Lil Mac (Punchout)
Lucario (Pokemon)
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
Toad (Mario series)
Tingle (Zelda series)
Ridley (Metroid series)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Flint (Earthbound)
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Andy (Advanced Wars)
Captain Olimar (Pikmin)

Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Falco and Dr Mario will return with new movesets; we will have evidence of this in the video.

Jigglypuff and Luigi will not be shown in the video, but will return as unlockable characters (as done in Melee).

Mr. Game & Watch and Ice Climbers may return as downloadable characters later or be added last minute.

That's probably fake though, but I expect probably one new character. :)

I can just see Nintendo getting stormed when they don't put in Sonic.

Just found out, apparently the newest Nintendo Power mentions that Sakurai will have a daily blog on the site.

Daily blog? This should get interesting. ^_^

All of that seems incredibly plausible, and actually sounds like a great lineup - although I would've liked to have had Sonic, the IC, and Mr. Game and Watch.

As a side note, Sonic as a downloadable character actually seems like a great idea. One of the problems with possibly using him is how much money Sega might want as a percentage of sales for the game. If he's a paid download, the money and rights for using the character can go directly to Sega.

Lil Mac (Punchout)
Lucario (Pokemon)
Ridley (Metroid series)
Captain Olimar (Pikmin)

I will be very surprised and dissapointed if these four don't make it in. These are ones I pretty much have pegged as "sure fire". Lil Mac is from a fighting game that's classic Nintendo. Lucario is pretty much the most popular, recent, "cool" Pokemon. Ridley is one of the most requested characters. And Olimar is a recent franchise flagship character that should've been in the last one, really.

No Tom Nook, though? : p

Lucario being in SSBB would be the coolest thing ever! I like Deoxys (who would make a good character too), but Lucario would be better. Then again, maybe we should get Lucario and Deoxys. :D

I think I'd rather have the Pichu Bros. over Plusle and Minun.

It will be a dissapointment if all of the original 25 characters aren't kept.

Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Falco and Dr Mario will return with new movesetsq
Yes plz. Especially Ganondorf.

No way, I loved Ganondorf. He combined the traits of Mario and Captain Falcon, two of my favorite characters to play as in the games. Making him a swordsman would horribly detract from him, in my opinion.

And sheesh...I hadn't thought about the possibility of downloadable characters, and the moment the thought crept into my mind, I wanted to wretch.

Gannondorf should use magic and swordsmanhip. You know - stuff that actually relates to his character. Instead of martial arts. Which you know - has nothing to do with him at all.

They're really going to put Tingle in Smash Bros?

Jesus.

Tingle's rumor spanned form the Coro Coro Scan with Tingle in a comic advertising SSBB (well.. I guess the idea of him playing is earlier...)

I would like most of those characters, but It'd be disappointing because I don't believe those were any of the polled characters he listed he was thinking about.

Besides, I do think that with the amount of collaboration, Square, Sega, Capcom, and Namco deserve some sort of recognition.

I will say that I be it's a fake rumour more than anything. Nintendo is not one to reveal that many characters. I can't see more than 5 old and 5 new, but even that is a stretch. I think we may get a bit on new features and a date, but I don't think we are going to get that.

I still find Riley weird for not being enough of a Humanoid, but I don't really want balloon fighter. It would be an incredibly lame kirby clone.

Well, the blog is not a rumour...but that quote I posted probably is.
Lucario is pretty much the most popular, recent, "cool" Pokemon.

I also see Munchlax as being plausible being one of the cute new 4th Gen Pokemon, and being heavily advertised.

Last edited:
I will be very disappointed if the dog from Duck Hunt isn't in this game.

The Regginator being in it would be a nice, but incredibly unlikely, surprise.

Gannondorf should use magic and swordsmanhip. You know - stuff that actually relates to his character. Instead of martial arts. Which you know - has nothing to do with him at all.

Ah, but that doesn't mean Ganondorf wasn't a total blast to control. In fact...I'd say he was the character with which I was most adept. From a technical stand point, Ganondorf was a force with which to be reckoned, though I'll admit he could indeed be more true to his Zelda counterpart. I simply can't foresee a future wherein Ganondorf is both fun to play as and faithful to his various Zelda iterations.

You said Ganondorf was a combo of Captain Falcon and Mario? What the hell? Ganondorf, was, quite literally, Captain Falcon with 100 weights on each of his limbs.

Eeeeee! This is getting me excited. Here's hoping for some Fire Emblem characters OTHER than Ike.

You said Ganondorf was a combo of Captain Falcon and Mario? What the hell? Ganondorf, was, quite literally, Captain Falcon with 100 weights on each of his limbs.

He had Mario's forward+A air attack, which was hardly an unimportant part of his moveset. It was a combination of 9 parts Captain Falcon, 1 part Mario. I never said it was an even melding.

Beh. Lucas and/or Claus, immediately. Maybe even Lip. Regardless, a MOTHER 3 character is in (if not a reference) anyway so I guess I can't lose. =P

I'd prefer Flint to Lucas, Lucas could just be a costume for Ness or something because they'd essentially be clones.

Eeeeee! This is getting me excited. Here's hoping for some Fire Emblem characters OTHER than Ike.

I hate that the American Fanbase wants Ike so bad, (too) he'd be a clone of Marth no matter how you'd slice it.(pun intended) I really hope they stick in the main characters from Goddess of Dawn or something instead. Controlling a mage like Mikaya would be different too, and add another female to the roster. Also, Suzu could control like a Ninja or something... there is actually no Ninjas in Smash! (What's a fighting game without it's Ninjas, really :p )

Zelda doesn't count :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom