• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Super Smash Brothers Brawl Site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better not get rid of Marth. He's the mascot of the franchise (appearantly)! :eek:

Although I have to admit, when I first scrolled down I thought, "Whoa, did Marth's look get a redesign?"... XD I dunno, I hope they keep Marth and make him look different enough from Ike while still being himself.

Also, Lyn ftw.

I suspect they'll dump Roy and keep Marth. Since Roy was the newest character at the time like Ike is now. Marth will probably be kept since he's the first.

I'm saying Alt Skins. would be a great idea.

And not just looks, but voice clips as well. And slight differences, not enough to be a different character.

We can knock out Daisy, Pichu, Falco, Dr. Mario, by making them Alt. for Peach, Pikachu, Fox, and Mario.

Ganondorf being an Alt. of Falcon is friggen weird, so just re-do him from scratch.

I fully support this idea and love it. I'll go further and suggest:
Bowser - Baby Bowser
Mario - Dr. Mario
Fox - Falco
Jigglypuff - Clefairy
Kirby - Gooey
Link - Young Link/Cel Link
Luigi - Waluigi
WarioWare Wario - Classic Wario
Ike - Marth/Roy
Mewtwo - Deoxys Normal
Ness - Paula (Ness has all of Paula's PSIs anyways)
Pikachu - Pichu
Peach - Daisy
Shiek - Tetra (lol)

Adds a ton of new characters that would probably play the same on their own if they were added anyways.

Jigglypuff as Clefairy? That'd seem like a whole different moveset, imo.

I think they could twist Jiggly into Munchlax, with Roll-Out, Pound, Rest, and then replace Sing with something else.

I like the rest...but Bowser Jr. from Bowser would be pretty odd, being entirely different sizes and being alot faster.

I was pretty suprised by Ike.
But now I'm just irritated. No Metaknight yet. :bawling:
I wuvs Metaknight.

Anyhoo, on smashboards, a couple of slightly deranged people were claiming Squirtle deserved to be playable, and that there was no chance of Lucario getting into Brawl as a playable character. Piss-ants.
Lucario is the most likely Pokemon newcomer, especially with Deoxys PokeBall'd.
Either Peach or Metaknight next week, for sure.

Ike is in... but who has he replaced? Marth? Roy? Or possibly both? (Unlikely, but possible.) Better chance of Roy's removal... He was in Smash Bros. Melee only to promote an upcoming Fire Emblem game, while Marth has had a more significant role in Fire Emblem from what I hear.

I'm going to enjoy testing out Ike in Brawl, especially slashing around with that two-handed sword... with one hand. Heh.

(100th.)

I'm saying Alt Skins. would be a great idea.

And not just looks, but voice clips as well. And slight differences, not enough to be a different character.

We can knock out Daisy, Pichu, Falco, Dr. Mario, by making them Alt. for Peach, Pikachu, Fox, and Mario.

Ganondorf being an Alt. of Falcon is friggen weird, so just re-do him from scratch.

Yeah, hopefully he uses it, I did write him about it in the idea submission form a long time ago. I think I said dark samus and samus could be alternate costumes also..

But Ike, bah! I'm still not happy about it! I think that he'd have to replace Roy though, hopefully he has a new moveset, but replacing Marth is like Replacing Pikachu with Patchirisu. At least Ike has a cool model.

I swear if they take out Mewtwo, I'll be likely to not buy that game!

Ike? Can't say I'm not surprised.

With the way Sakurai describes Ike to be a powerhouse, I'd say if he had to replace someone, it'd most likely be Roy. Roy had much more of this 'power' than Marth dealt.

But who knows, maybe no one will get replaced and instead we'll get an entirely new set of moves out of Ike.

Oh and Pitfall FTW (!) ^_^

Anyhoo, on smashboards, a couple of slightly deranged people were claiming Squirtle deserved to be playable, and that there was no chance of Lucario getting into Brawl as a playable character. Piss-ants.
Lucario is the most likely Pokemon newcomer, especially with Deoxys PokeBall'd.
Either Peach or Metaknight next week, for sure.

lol...someone wanted Squrlte too at the Nsider Forums.

if Zenigame was playable, and happened to be modeled after Haruka's in the anime, I'd fucking kill someone, I swear to god. I also saw a fake roster just now that included Sonic, Shadow, and Silver as the only StH characters... I'd fucking kill someone if that happened, too (but it's not likely, considering that, even if both Sega and Nintendo were stupid enough to promote that widely-hated trash, Sonic Next wasn't released on a Nintendo system, thank god ^^. I highly doubt Silver's rather minuscule appearance as a secret mini-game character in The Secret Ring warrants anything, either).

Anyway, yay for some Path of Radiance promoting. ^^ But I'd really jump for joy if I saw Mia there (she was probably my best fighter in the whole fucking game... pretty good as a character, too). Wasn't Mia included on that list of popular characters being considered?

The new stage featured in todays Update is great! Can't wait to see what the Underground is like. Digglet!

We knew of the Fire Emblem stage for a while so it's good to get the summary. I do have one question: Do the stages have an end? The Donkey Konga stage takes you above the waterfall and this one takes you underground but what then? You can't just pop up at the other end like you jump back on Squirtle in Melee.

I doubt Diglett would appear in that stage unless it was through a Poké Ball. But that post has made me think of a possibility for the second Pokémon Stage: The Sinnoh Underground. They have some interesting stuff to play with there. And some undergound Pokémon could make appearances. (Steelix would be a good threat.) What I would like to see is the battlers popping up and down from a route in Sinnoh.

The idea of alternate skins sounds good. If Sonic is in the game, Shadow and Silver naturally fit into that. Tails is a natural Assist Trophy too.

Last edited:
Rampardos randomly charging through an blowing people away would rule.

As would the Underground traps. But...it'd be kinda weird...to like, knock people off.

I want the Safari Zone for a Pokemon stage, with a Pokemon Snap, twist. The characters are on a Pokemon Safari through the Safari Zone using a train. The train circles through the enviroments and makes stops in the mountains, the seaside, the forest, and a volcano. Different wild Pokemon appear to attack depending on where you are.

That or Sootopolis during the fight between Groudon and Kyogre.

I saw on another website a interview with Anouma, the Zelda guy, and he mentions making Brawl models for Ganondorf and Sheik.

So todays update (I didn't care about the two Fire Emblem updates really.)

so the "Adventure mode" is going to be basically the side scrolling action we already love...combined with Story driven cut scenes...

Edit: It looks like peach is a playable character.

Last edited:
It looks cool!! I want the game even more now, and yes, it seems Peach will return in this game!!

Last edited:
I wonder what Pikachu's story will be like? 0.o

I swear if they take out Mewtwo, I'll be likely to not buy that game!

Are you serious? Metwo is a crappy character, hence his character tier placement. You must be joking.

I really wouldn't give two shits about Mewto.

Mewtwo was a fun annoyance character if you knew what you were doing with him. One on one, you could really fuck people up because he had some good paralyzation moves and very good throws. But he's like Ness - if you don't know how to use him, you'd think he sucks.

Anyways, Storymode looks like "Kingdom Hearts" done Nintendo style, with the Subspace monsters even looking like the Heartless.

Hopefully Gannondorf's Final Smash will be his transformation into Dark Beast Ganon. And Peach's will be one of the Vibes from Super Princess Peach. I wish she had Parry instead of her regular parasol, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom