• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Super Smash Brothers Brawl Site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping this means Worldwide release personally so us Brits dont just start when you yanks have been playing for months and own all the little quirks in it

So First Groudon, and now Kyogre are Poke Balls... does anyone else see Rayquaza being one?

I hope the delay is in response to complaints about the online mode. There is NO excuse not to be able to battle random people online in ranked matched without using friends codes.

Hopefully that's the reason the game was delayed.

And yay for Sonic, now give me Capt. Olimar and Megaman and I'm all set.

Oh, the confliction of it all! Just as I decide I'm no longer interested in anything Sonic post-Genesis, this comes along and slaps me in the face. Now...I dunno...perhaps I'll give Sonic Heroes another chance. We'll see...

Woo Sonic. Whatever. Something a lot better happened today.

marrriiooo.jpg

Mario fighting Petey Piranha. No fixed story mode where you always start as Kirby. Yey.

Woo Sonic. Whatever. Something a lot better happened today.

marrriiooo.jpg

Mario fighting Petey Piranha. No fixed story mode where you always start as Kirby. Yey.

it was revealed along with the two players that each stage will have a team of characters to play as....from the intro sequence shown a while ago Kirby and Mario will be that stages characters. (I can't remember if link was there too or not.)

SWEET CRAP!!! This game just became even more freaking awesome!!! Sonic is teh ultimate pwnage!!! Super Saiyan Sonic looks awesome too, plus Kyogre & Torchic join the Brawl as well!!! Now all we need is the original Megaman, and we are set!!!

it was revealed along with the two players that each stage will have a team of characters to play as....from the intro sequence shown a while ago Kirby and Mario will be that stages characters. (I can't remember if link was there too or not.)
Yeah, but due to the cutscene where Mario gets blown away, there were still questions left unanswered, such as Petey being a Kirby-boss and stuff like that.

Yeah, but due to the cutscene where Mario gets blown away, there were still questions left unanswered, such as Petey being a Kirby-boss and stuff like that.

Well, it could be that they made two 15 seconds cut scenes for that part and put it with the other one. Games have done that before.

That's what I'm thinking. You select which character is your main (Kirby or Mario) and the scene changes depending on that.

From Kotaku:

Our own Mike "Michael" McWhertor is heading to San Francisco for a Nintendo event tomorrow. We imagine it'll be news similar to this, but we imagine with some surprises (and North American release dates). Check back for that!

Hopefully the NA release will only be delayed slightly (out in time for Chistmas, please?!

Begin speculation on if Ashley is a playable character. Considering she has her own themesong in the game, complete with vocals singing about how awesome she is . . .

Well, I for one, certainly wouldn't mind more female characters.
YES YES YES! Ashley HAS to be playable! <3

I was so excited this morning, when I saw the challenger approaching banner, thinking it may be Ashley, and then was disappointed to see Sonic. Not that I have anything against Sonic, it's just that he's not Ashley.

Wow, I could hardly believe it when I came home this afternoon and happened to see on Gamespot that Sonic will actually be in this game. It's the April Fool's of a few years ago come true. I guess Nintendo/Sega listened to that after all.

Hm... the Sonic update seems great, it's answered a lot of character wishlists for people. Hoepfully he'll play great.

Oh and damn another delay? Since it's coming out in Japan January 24th, I'm assuming the U.S. and obviously Europe will be delayed as well--and probably even further than just January.

I'm calling BS on all of Nintendo right now. So they have been listening to their fans all these years? So, if they are, where's our GS remake?
Ranting aside, Sonic looks like a good character. I'm curious to see what Chaos Control (don't quote me on that) Golden Sonic at the end of the trailer does. Possible a final smash. Also, did anyone see the trailer where Yoshi had WINGS??? That and the glowy-fireball spitty thing just screams final smash to me.
Final piece from me, did anyone else think that Metal Gear RAY looks kind of like RAYquaza? Cause I sure did.

I'm certainly impressed by Sonic's movements; speedy and fluid. Of course, that movement is carried by the equally matched tempo of Sonic's theme, but who cares about that, freakin' SONIC!
Though I'm sure we all saw it coming, most of us had that faint doubt of it ever occurring.

On another note, by the look of the videos, moves appear more fluid overall, but still show that subtle 'pause' between attacks. I say it's not bad, I know my friends will enjoy that since they love the way the 64 controls so much.

I still think NA will get this before Japan. We've gotten quite alot of Nintendo games first, such as Mario games. Plus, I haven't seen any Japanese trailers at all but they've all been in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom