• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Team Rocket trio

RocketGrunt78

Reaction score
I was wondering if a new trio of Team Rocket grunt rookies could take Jessie and James' place as the villainous comedic relief. Jessie and James wont be completely taken out they still appear in the occasional episode that has major storyline plot, but be a greater threat to Ash and Friends. The rookie Rocket grunts would serve as underlings for Jessie and James. Jessie and James behavior would act as competent Rocket agents but not too serious they still have few funny moments but the comedic relief would the rookie Grunts. Seriously it has become tiring to see Jessie and James as completely useless goofballs I actually welcomed their serious change in character behavior. I am one of the still active pokemon fans who had seen the early pokemon episodes at the start of the series and I had noticed Jessie and James behavior in the first 50 episodes of season 1 had shown that while they were somewhat goofy they were actually a threat and it always required intervention Ash and Friends to stop the criminal duo (for me pokemon don't count for Team Rocket squads only humans). Contrast this in Sinnoh or even Hoen and Jessie and James have become nothing but comedic relief

I don't know if I'd like rookie's to go against Ash and friend's, I'd rather it be pro's. If your going to replace Team Rocket, who I never found threat's any ways mine as well do it with some people who will actually do some damage to them.

so the Old comic relief Jessie can become actual threats. Jessie and James don't have to overused anymore.

Last edited:
I don't think that would work. Jessie and James and mewoth have been part of the anime for so long, i cannot imagine having them ever replaced

However there are other ways to make them more threatning. Give them an aeroplane instead of those hotair baloons to make it more difficult for Ash and Co to deal with them. Or team them up with Butch and Cassidy (temporarily) to make them more threatning. Several things can be done

I believe because of Jessie, James and Meowth have been the Team Rocket that we know from day 1, then they should stay. Comically relief with them has been cool so lets just what they do best. Also, if Jessie, James and Meowth leaves, then it is just like half the main cast, which they been in the most episodes behind Ash.

they could do that if they wanted, but it'd be kind of weird...

maybe they could manange their personalities so that we won't hear clumsy baboons yelling: ''expies'' everytime they appear...

which 'mon would be their mascot? inb4 Jesus, the Whimsicott i'd say trubbish or purrloin would be cool, WAIT, what about Shelmet and Karrablast, they could do a trade evolution later on!

The only way this would work is if:

A. Giovanni gets taken out, or goes missing like in the games, leaving Jessie/James/Meowth in charge which would make them have a more serious boss like nature, while they would hire the next set of comic relief to take their place.

B. They simply get promoted again and start acting serious again, while they play the role of mentor to some new TR recruits.

I wouldn't have minded if Cassidy and BillButch had more appearances. But now, no. I don't want to see them leave the show, not since they became less harmless.

Well, if the Team Rocket Executives from HGSS appears, then I don't mind the Trio getting off the show... although they're another favorite of mine :)

It's like replacing Doronojo Gang with someone else. IT JUST WON'T WORK!!!

They weren't "replaced", they were slightly redesigned and renamed for the purpose of keeping them around. The other characters were replaced.

(also, Marjo's group predates the Doronbo Gang)

Jessie and James don't have to overused anymore.

In the same tone, anyone could argue that Satoshi and Pikachu are overused, but they're the main characters of the show and they're not going anywhere for the time being. Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu are the same villains we've known from the beginning. There will be other bad guys that come and go (Magma, Aqua, Hunter J etc etc), that are used to keep things exciting, but there'd be no point in replacing the TRio, especially with characters with similar qualities.

I don't see TR lasting past Best Wishes, so if the show continues they'll either just have wild Pokemon as the antagonists or some other type of villain per episode. TR's comedy has been dead this saga, so now you can't say they're being kept for comic relief anymore.

I don't see TR lasting past Best Wishes, so if the show continues they'll either just have wild Pokemon as the antagonists or some other type of villain per episode. TR's comedy has been dead this saga, so now you can't say they're being kept for comic relief anymore.
I highly doubt it. They have been in the show for so long, i just cannot see the writers dumping them. They might get less appearences, but i dont see them leaving the show.

Maybe replace them with the villains of the manga?? Say, they could have had N/Team Plasma be the main villains of Best Wishes, say they could have had Ash battle it out with them till the end of the series is what I mean.

Jessie, James and Meowth are a staple of the anime and aren't going anywhere. Adding in some new villians WITH them would be cool with changing the dynamic. I'd like to see some Plasma villians as regulars in this series.

Jessie and James wont be completely written out they just appear occasionally for episodes that require a semi serious tone. Anyway in My opinion Ash and Pikachu had been in the Anime for far too long. Ash should only been as the main character in the first 6 seasons at most.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom