• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Team Rocket trio

Unfortunally they already passed the best windows of opportunity for that to happen which were the end of Johto and the end of the Advance generation 3 arc

Maybe the show has reached a point where it doesn't NEED comic relief villains and now they are unsure what to do with Team Rocket. I'm sure Pokemon would do just fine if the only villains were serious ones (as in Team Galactic/Hunter J) and we had more comic relief pokemon like Psyduck (or Zorua!) in compensation for no Team Rocket.

Best Wishes is clearly a "testing ground" to see how they can work a show without TR, or without villains in general appearing every episode.

We see these changes every saga. The writers experiment by either adding things to the anime or removing them, figuring out what works best, and/or making changes based on what they have to advertise from the next games, etc.

I'll say this again, people are always in denial about something changing in the anime until it actually happened. Back when DP was airing there were people who really believed Brock would never leave the show simply because they kept him for so long. And look what happened. Same thing with the Contests, to a lesser extent.

I honestly do not care I like the team rocket trio as characters but if they do leave the show I would not care in the lightest.If they do leave I hope they go after a dream and than next season they can show how there doing.Also if they appear once and a while.However if they leave and never come back.....oddly enough even though I like them I would not care if they left the show for good.I like them but I do not want them back if there just going to become a annoyance again,I know a lot of people wish they could just skip over team rockets motto because we have heard it so many times.

hey you know what? the write tried and failed at it. how do I know? let's see what other trio from TR tried to capture Ash's pokémon and failed? Butch and Cassidy. So the answer is ,in short , NO ,in long, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Butch and Cassidy were meant to be more serious counterparts to Jessie and James, but became just as big idots. What I am proposing is a trio of rookie grunts to take the role of comic relief and Jessie and Jessie be saved for more serious moments (but not completely serious) that drive major storyline plot.

To put new characters into TR's old role and still have the old TR still there in their current role seems ridiculous to me. I'm not sure if I would like it even if they flat out completely replaced TR. The change they made for BW was for the better, I feel, as TR sorely needed a new gimmick. They really ran the "comic relief villian" role into the ground, and I will still say what truly made them interesting was that there was more to them than being villians. That is the only thing that's really unnerving about TR's new role, that they sacrificed TR's nature to make it possible. (Then again, it could still be said to be character development since it's what they've wanted for a long time) I'd still prefer more serious villians to the comic relief ones, but that doesn't mean I don't think they should exist, just to a lesser extent.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom