• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New theme, like it or hate it?

Do you like the new theme?

• Total voters
I like the song. The sinnoh league victors part felt thrown in, but the beat is catchy.

I also liked how they used the same spoilerific footage from The
Greatest Everyday. Would have been nice if they had used the video as it was, but whatever.

Honestly I can't hate it. Yeah, it's pretty meh and has a horrible ending but the song was picking up before stopping like that. Definitely looking forward to the full version.

Good choice of clips and editing though. But overall, "Stand Up" still wins.

I don't really love the song itself, but the more I hear it, the more I'm beginning to like it a little... I think I just need to get used to it like it often happens to me with songs (at first I don't really like them but then after I get used to them I like them)

The scenes they used are the most important scenes of Saikou Everyday and they really placed the scenes in a good order
I loved how they started with Ash/Paul and it's also good that they ended with the same League scene the Japanese OP ended with

"It's about dreams" just when we see Brock... I know that probably wasn't intentual, but we know that Brock will find a new dream at the end of DP...
"Friends that work together" and we see the Contest rivals, who are mostly friendly and help each other (Zoey, Kenny, Nando)
"It's about reaching for the sky" just as we see Ash running after Ho-Oh who's flying in the sky
"It's about never giving up" - I like this because the Japanese version had a line that said "never give up" and that line was actually said in english

So yeah... animation=great, song... not as good, but I'm starting to like it the more I hear it
Also, I think they should've used the Mesprit/Uxie/Azelf scene and not the Groudon/Kyogre scene (though maybe they wanted Lugia to be there for HGSS)

Honestly, I think it's better than the last three, but they cut it off too soon. The 'Sinnoh League Victors' was too abrupt, I was just getting into the rhythm of it. I said 'It's OK', they could've made it a little longer.

~ First ANIME forum post.

EDIT: I'm still catching up from my childhood years (currently on Season 8), but why are the themes so short now? I know they still make the extended versions.

EDIT: I'm still catching up from my childhood years (currently on Season 8), but why are the themes so short now? I know they still make the extended versions.

So Cartoon Network can fit more commercials in. That's why TV shows in general have pretty much stopped or have shorted theme songs.

Yeah... I'm not feeling this new theme... It's a bit lackluster. The openning is visually good, but the song... yeah... not a fan.

I hated it. My favorite was Battle Dimension, and Galactic Battles was ok, but this was a major dissapointment.

it was ok.... I would have preferred if they just used the battle dimension opening again, the one from the movie, but condensed it. The movie battle dimension one didn't mention "battle dimension." I would have rather them use that then this song

The song stops before it can really ramp up, which is a side effect of not getting as much time as it could. It blows, I know.

What really caught my attention was that drum charge at the beginning. They set it up to be this heroic intro, which I thought was going to get an upbeat following. I liked that part. Maybe they should've done something more catchy than this weird preachy song.

EDIT: It reminded me of the Pokemon: Advanced Battle opening chant and guitar rift with that big burst of energy right at the beginning to get you pumped for the rest of the theme.

They did managed to squeeze in some decent correlation between the lyrics and the scenes (like flying mixed with Ho-oh and Ash chasing it), but I get the feeling that sometimes they almost need to add scenes from the show to use because the animation used for the opening is so specifically made to be as the backdrop for "Saikou Everyday". Bravo to them for sticking with an all-original opening (like most fans clamoured for). It may have worked against them a tiny bit in the long run, but that's not the general opinion going around.

The new theme song sucks as much as the four that came before it. You can say all that you want about 4Kids, but at the very least they knew something about making good theme songs. Their successors really, really don't. I'm not sure they know what qualifies as a song.
People still complained about 4Kids songs, so I don't know what you're talking about. I mean, that's just going to be a sad fact that people complain, for whatever the reasons. TCPi are different so they're going to appeal to different people, just like the originals and 4Kids' versions!

Okay, so overall, I'm fine with this opening. The previous songs really shocked me for their quality, so I might still be liking those more right now. But it all grows on you eventually, so first impressions aside, the song works for the content.

So Cartoon Network can fit more commercials in. That's why TV shows in general have pretty much stopped or have shorted theme songs.

But most channels use a 60 second opening. That might be why CN does not like 5Ds, the opening is 60 seconds long, so they cannot gain that extra big of ad revenue.

I give it a few more episodes before it grows on me. That's the standard thing that happens to me when hearing any of these openings, and honestly, it's certainly not as impressive as the last two, but whatever.

I really think if it continued for another 20 seconds it would be a bit better. Now it is poor. Then it would have worked better.

it was ok.... I would have preferred if they just used the battle dimension opening again, the one from the movie, but condensed it. The movie battle dimension one didn't mention "battle dimension." I would have rather them use that then this song

Yes. Yes. Yes. I LOVED that version. I always turn the sound on my TV up like 10 nothches every time that part of the movie comes on. That would make me instantly love the new season if they had done that.

The first verse ruins it, also the arrangement could have been better. Overall it doesn't capture the feeling for the championship arc. You are supposed to feel pumped for the finals, not feel like you are just starting a journey.
The logo also sucks.

The song has a nice start...but the ending is too abrupt.
Then the clip selection is pretty amazing,as they finally took most of the important parts of Greatest Everyday...yet they feel choppy at times,and the passing is weird.

Overall,is so okey is average.An improvement from the last ones,but definitely not as extincting as the original.

That was horrible. You can't expect music written for the opening credits of a children's cartoon that will be replaced in a year to be any good, but this was bad even by Pokémon standards. Even by Diamond & Pearl standards. The only good thing I can say is at least no one rapped. When the season goes longer I'll learn to tolerate it more, but I'll never like it.

They should go back to straightforward rock. That's a lot harder to screw up, not to mention more fitting.

On the issues with length: You know, really, it goes back to the whole carrying over of the 4Kids' style of doing thing. Even though D&P was going to be a fresh start when it came out, a lot of the previous assumptions were brought along. The whole thing with a lack of subs with the DVDs (a topic of conversation from another thread) is an example of one of those assumptions. It just doesn't happen to "Pokemon".

Fact is, Pokemon is still treated as a Saturday Morning cartoon by the folks who manage it (and most certainly by Cartoon Network). Can we expect minute long episode openings ever? My tongue stutters on answering that, because it would take a REALLY BIG adjustment on the part of the anime to plant the idea in people's heads that maybe it could do with these changes (hint hint: a brand new series, not just another season; hello there B&W!).

On the issues with length: You know, really, it goes back to the whole carrying over of the 4Kids' style of doing thing. Even though D&P was going to be a fresh start when it came out, a lot of the previous assumptions were brought along. The whole thing with a lack of subs with the DVDs (a topic of conversation from another thread) is an example of one of those assumptions. It just doesn't happen to "Pokemon".

Fact is, Pokemon is still treated as a Saturday Morning cartoon by the folks who manage it (and most certainly by Cartoon Network). Can we expect minute long episode openings ever? My tongue stutters on answering that, because it would take a REALLY BIG adjustment on the part of the anime to plant the idea in people's heads that maybe it could do with these changes (hint hint: a brand new series, not just another season; hello there B&W!).

Well, 4kids has their shows listed as Sat AM cartoons and their openings for anime are a minute long. The real gripe is it should be 90 seconds, but a minute is ok. Even DBZ Kai on Nicktoons had to have another OP, still Dragon Soul, but performed by another singer to fit it into a minute instead of 90 seconds.

I guess for people to be happy, they need what happened to Sonic X to happen to Pokemon. And by that I mean official subs and official original opening/endings subbed.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom