• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New title confirmed (Haruka comes back)

But I think (or hope) that Max is an exception...something tells me that Max might start his journey in Jhoto to promote the GSC re-makes? (Assuming that they are in production?)
Chances for Max to return are really small. And even if he returns, no chance for him to be a trainer, because of main rule of Pokémon anime (see my sign).
And there are also no chances for GSC remake. Not only is no reason for it, because you can already get all Pokémon in DP, but also if they planned it, we already knows that.

Chances for Max to return are really small. And even if he returns, no chance for him to be a trainer, because of main rule of Pokémon anime (see my sign).

So are you conveniently ignoring what was said in the last episode of Advanced Generation?

It's just that having someone actually age would completely mess up the show's flow. Someone aging and Ash not wouldn't make any sense. And Max aging as well as Ash makes sense, but that would mean that time applies in the show. Something like each region is 2 or 3 years long, then Ash ages 2 or 3 years every saga, so he should be 16 by now.

But it's D/P. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

But Satoshi clearly has aged. He's more mature than he was in the early episodes by far, and he's clearly grown up a little, too.

And there have been a few references to age. Satoshi had been traveling for one whole year when he got his 8th badge, so that's a good point of reference in time.

But they have never flat out said "Satoshi, now 14, is on a journey in Sinnoh!" They've always done a good job of never actually saying the ages, since the target audience always stays the same, which is little kids, all little kids. Once they get older, they stop caring about them and move on to the next generation to little kids. And what better way to market to little kids than having the main character still being a kid?

But now, I'm not even sure how old he is. They could easily say something like, "Watashi wa Satoshi desu, hai ju ni(I think that's 12 in Japanese, still learning)!", but they haven't so they don't want us thinking about ages. Having Max come back would have use racking our brains with aging theories and kids possibly not being able to relate to Ash.

Even if they do have plans for Max to return in D&P, I do doubt he will be a trainer, even with the conversation that took place in the last AG episode. Chances are if he DOES make an appearance (or gets a mention from May), it will just be subtle hints regarding his future journey, not so much a current one. But, yes, if anyone is an exception for "aging" in Pokemon, Max might just be that one character. Who knows.

But I will honestly be horribly disappointed in Max doesn't make the cameo with May. I know there are very little people who care, but I do. To me, Max and May were a part of the AG team together, and it doesn't seem right to just include one of them, even if May had the bigger storyline. Him being in Petalburg could easily be worked around, either by him being revealed to eventually tagging along with May through her journey in Johto or just tagging along for this particular Contest in Sinnoh.

But gaaah... I'll stop hopelessly hoping. .__.

*sniff*

Just becuase Ash has matured does not mean he's aged, kids can mature without aging. Ash has gone through a lot of stuff that would cause him to mature a lot faster than some others out there. I belive on the Jappaness site it still says he's 10 years old each gen. So that means no one else ages, becuase than my brain would explode for the show wouldn't make sense at all.

But it's impossible for Satoshi and crew not to age. 'Aging' is simply inherent as time passes. In simple terms, Satoshi is aging as we watch the episodes. Why? Because time is moving. Since time does flow, they are 'aging' - that is, more time has passed between the current them and their birth. However, we never see signs of him aging because he's a character we constantly see on-screen. They keep a static design because it's pointless to attempt to create a gradual one. Thus, they remain mostly physically the same, as do 'The Simpson's' characters.

They are, however, internally 'aging', become more mature. Pokemon is unlike 'The Simpson's' for that reason - characters are not completely static. Haruka and Satoshi are different characters from the ones they are at the beginning. They have changed due to their experiences, which occur at distinctively separate intervals in time, and thus have aged. Children don't just suddenly mature in an instant - it occurs over time.

Now, the show hardly ever gives any official amount of time that has passed for a very simple reason - it's irrelevant. Satoshi is Satoshi, no matter how old he is. We know time is passing and he's maturing, but the exact age of the character is unimportant. Masato could be a case where they do decide to show the passage of time because it's important to his character - in order to become a Trainer, and ultimately a Gym Leader, Masato has to age. If he doesn't, he'll be stuck in limbo. Now, while Masato's age is stated to be 'seven' at the beginning of AG, we don't know exactly how long he's been seven. Which means he could actually be one month from turning eight at the beginning and it wouldn't matter nor would we know it. But regardless, it's certainly possible that two years and then some have passed since AG, allowing for him to potentially be 10. That's just irrelevant speculation though.

"Watashi wa Satoshi desu, hai ju ni(I think that's 12 in Japanese, still learning)!"

first of all, Satoshi uses the "ore" pronoun (though he tends to use polite mannerisms in spite of this.... you at least got that right, but if you wanna get better, you should really pay attention to the way these characters talk rather than limit yourself to lessons that only teach polite form 90% of the time). Second of all, "juuni-sai" (age 12). "Sai" (age) comes after the number ("juuni" or twelve), unlike in English.

hang on a minute, i in my teens and i still idolised by kid audiences in plays i do, aswell as when i not acting, your telling me just because someone ages they no longer appeal to younger audiences..?

hang on a minute, i in my teens and i still idolised by kid audiences in plays i do, aswell as when i not acting, your telling me just because someone ages they no longer appeal to younger audiences..?

No, but many companies think that they do, and sometimes they are right. Didn't all the shows on Nick that revolved around teens only attracted teen aduiences with kids scattered here and there? But, then we have Disney, who rules with lame teen dramas and comedies, yet it still attracted many children...so I think I matters on the companies view of the target audience.

I don't care if Max appears or not, but he HAS to be mentioned. Just a little tidbit, maybe, like "Max is doing great, he's a Trainer now, he's traveling around with his Ralts", but if he isn't mentioned at all, and Jessie's Blissey friend from a Johto filler was mentioned, then...well...that's just stupid.

But he might be with May, seeing as May herself is proof of the following: DP - Expect the Unexpected

I don't care if Max appears or not, but he HAS to be mentioned. Just a little tidbit, maybe, like "Max is doing great, he's a Trainer now, he's traveling around with his Ralts", but if he isn't mentioned at all, and Jessie's Blissey friend from a Johto filler was mentioned, then...well...that's just stupid.

But he might be with May, seeing as May herself is proof of the following: DP - Expect the Unexpected

May was bound to appear sooner or later. I don't know what' s unexpected about that.

No, but many companies think that they do, and sometimes they are right. Didn't all the shows on Nick that revolved around teens only attracted teen aduiences with kids scattered here and there? But, then we have Disney, who rules with lame teen dramas and comedies, yet it still attracted many children...so I think I matters on the companies view of the target audience.
Well, it also depends on the show's plot. If I stay with anime, then One Piece, with all its pirate stuff, will appeal to kids much more, even though it have only teenage-to-adult main cast, than let’s say Detective Conan (Case Closed), who has three actual kids and one turned-into-kid teenage boy, but the plot is about criminal mysteries, which is something kids don’t like so much.

Well, it also depends on the show's plot. If I stay with anime, then One Piece, with all its pirate stuff, will appeal to kids much more, even though it have only teenage-to-adult main cast, than let’s say Detective Conan (Case Closed), who has three actual kids and one turned-into-kid teenage boy, but the plot is about criminal mysteries, which is something kids don’t like so much.

So, isn't possiable for people to age then? I mean, if people don't care about the age, but only care about the plot...? We are going off topic xP.

As far as a teenage cast not appealing to younger viewers is concerned, one need look no further than Archie comics. Archie and friends have always been teenagers, except for the Little Archie series, and their books (as far as I know) have always been marketed to kids.

Like Max will suddenly go into his teens in a matter of a few episodes. >_>

Anyway, even if he were to come, he'd still be the same Max as before, maybe with a Pokemon on hand, but that's it.

Besides, kids had Pokemon before and they were younger than he was.

Like Max will suddenly go into his teens in a matter of a few episodes. >_>
Obviously I wasn't referring to Max. Others were talking about how Ash should be in his early-to-mid teens by now. And May should have also aged a couple years. If you age one, you gotta age 'em all.

Obviously I wasn't referring to Max. Others were talking about how Ash should be in his early-to-mid teens by now. And May should have also aged a couple years. If you age one, you gotta age 'em all.

I know that. I wasn't responding to your post. Apologies if it looked like that. =P

I want May with a new Eeveelution, plz.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom