• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New title confirmed (Haruka comes back)

Let's not turn this into another stupid "do the characters age?" thread, please.

Masato will be what Masato is, if he ages, so be it. Everyone else looks the same; time lapse? Maybe.

Honestly though, who cares.

Chances for Max to return are really small. And even if he returns, no chance for him to be a trainer, because of main rule of Pokémon anime (see my sign).
And there are also no chances for GSC remake. Not only is no reason for it, because you can already get all Pokémon in DP, but also if they planned it, we already knows that.

I whould not be surprise if Max showed up for the DP Championships, and were he could face Ash in a battle.

Heh...

I screamed at the computer when I found out that Haruka would be back.

But headesked when I learned Shuu or Harley wouldn't be there. D:

But I'll look forward to this. Team Iguchi is pretty good.

first of all, Satoshi uses the "ore" pronoun (though he tends to use polite mannerisms in spite of this.... you at least got that right, but if you wanna get better, you should really pay attention to the way these characters talk rather than limit yourself to lessons that only teach polite form 90% of the time). Second of all, "juuni-sai" (age 12). "Sai" (age) comes after the number ("juuni" or twelve), unlike in English.

Ah, thanks.

And back on topic, I still don't see Max right now, but I hope we do.

Anyway, what Pokemon do you think May will have? I'm personally now hoping for a crybaby Blastoise.

I bet her Eievui will have evolved into Glacia. She should still have her Bashamo and Gonbe, too.

Hopefully Zenigame will have evolved at least once. A slightly more mature Kameil would be nice to see.

Heh...

I screamed at the computer when I found out that Haruka would be back.

But headesked when I learned Shuu or Harley wouldn't be there. D:

But I'll look forward to this. Team Iguchi is pretty good.

I don't think it's known for sure that they won't be back.

Although fitting all of them in, and also having Hikari and possibly one of her rivals, along with Mikuri could be a challenge.

Hopefully she'll at least mention them when she shows up.

I don't know about Drew but I hope Harley at least makes an appearance. His appearence would make interesting interactions with Dawn. Also, Zoey should appear because I want to hear if she's going to give any advice to Dawn saying to do something a certain way with May butting in saying that Dawn should find her own way to do things. Some interaction like that.

Sorry to go off topic, but I feel I have to for this.

This episode, really, is PUSA's last chance to redeem it's VA's, because if the dub voices suck, then you might as well count the memorability of this episode goodbye. The only exception to this would be if either:

a) The writer's are smart enough to make this one of the best plots in the series.

b) The shippiness goes up through the roof.

And if the memorability of this episode is non-existant, then PUSA will have no chance in the future. Why? Because there won't be a more important reunion episode in the immediete series, and if they screw this up, then everyone's gonna hate them for that.

OK, back on topic; I would say that Munchlax will stay Munchlax, unless they designate Snorlax for some important plot or battle device, Blazeken is definitely in, Espeon is a very good possibility, as well as Umbreon, Glaceon, or Leafeon (not likely, though), and May could have caught Ledyba/Ledian, Mareep/Flaffy, Pichu/Pikachu, or even Surskiit/Masquerain or Spinarak (not it's evolved form, though, whose name I forgot). That's what I'm seeing.

Oh wait, HOLD ON. Is it only me, or did they say first appearance. :D Maybe things are starting to look up.

Sorry to go off topic, but I feel I have to for this.

This episode, really, is PUSA's last chance to redeem it's VA's, because if the dub voices suck, then you might as well count the memorability of this episode goodbye. The only exception to this would be if either:

a) The writer's are smart enough to make this one of the best plots in the series.

b) The shippiness goes up through the roof.

And if the memorability of this episode is non-existant, then PUSA will have no chance in the future. Why? Because there won't be a more important reunion episode in the immediete series, and if they screw this up, then everyone's gonna hate them for that.

I'm calling bullshit on every bit of this.

What's memorable will be what they do with the episode, and even just having May being there with the characters will do so. "Oh that was the episode with May in it". Plenty of people remember just Marina's appearances as random bits and pieces. The writers know some people recognize her, who is a very minor character compared to May, so they're easily smart enough to know that May interacting at all with the characters in this new setting with new other characters will be memorable. It doesn't have to be a good episode if you're wanting memorability. She could be on a poster or on a t-shirt like Marina and fans be "OMGFWTYESYESYES!"

PUSA doesn't make the show better, the dub doesn't impact how the show is written and how the characters and plot are handled. The dub works on what is already made. What the HELL does PUSA have to do with whether it's a good episode? If it's done well in the original, we still have the original, it did good. They can butcher it in the dub. People still will watch it because people will watch Pokemon until someone extraordinarily stupid is done to the show. People sure as hell are going to watch it because it's bringing back an previous main character. If they do a bad job dubbing it, that's just tough shit for us. But I don't think they'll have any other difficulty doing so with this than with any other episode. It's not some epic grand thing. And I guess you missed out on the no-debating-VA-thing memo. Pokemon's being going on relatively strong for 10+ years, and doing well in the US despite changes. One episode will not cause everything to crash down.

And it sure as hell does not need "shippiness" to fall back on. That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. When has the original ever fallen back on romance to keep the show from bombing.

I bet her Eievui (Eevee) will have evolved into Glacia (Glaceon). She should still have her Bashamo (Blaziken) and Gonbe (Munchlax), too.

Hopefully Zenigame (Squirtle) will have evolved at least once. A slightly more mature Kameil (Wartortle) would be nice to see.

Same with me XD

And yes, April 12...That date reminds me. One of my close relatives (but not nuclear) has a birthday that day. Fortunately that won't bother me watching the new season of Pokémon once it reaches the United States. At least I get to catch the rerun the next Saturday if I do miss it.

I know Japan's not big on April fools, but still Pokeani may be wrong. They were wrong a few times before, but hopefully this will not be the case with this episode.

No, they aren't wrong. A magazine even confirmed it's going to happen and there's a scan of it to prove it.

Seeing as May has been heavily influenced by Ash, and his training methods (even tough she has gone on her own) it would be highly likely that we'd see new Pokemon, in comparison to squirtle or Munchlax.

(A rare candy for your Pokepet after that pwnsome speech, Ralli?)

I don't see what everyone seems to have against Munchlax evolving. It would definatly break the mold in pokemon contests.

I hope to see Munchlax evolve too.It can be even more useful than Blaziken in the Battle Round!And hopefully we can see Ash's Snorlax again.:D

There wouldn't be a rematch of Beautifly and Dustox since Dustox left a few eps ago.How disappointing!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom