• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Title DP113

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
I saw this on I saw this on Pokeani's front page.

DP113: いたずらフィオネ!

I believe that translates to "Mischief Phione!" It seems we have another naughty legendary on our hands.

Copy/Paste powers go!

So this means all we need now to see are Heatran and Arceus, who should probably be revealed soon.

Though, I wonder if Manaphy will be in this. Kind of odd to have Phione without it's superior counterpart.

I HATE all these episodes with legendarys. They always suck. Good thing they're out of stock now.

Dang, that's what, 5 mischief legendarys now? And plus we have Rotom.

That's why I didn't add Rotom to the legendary list. That would have made six.

OMG. Another Legendary Filler. I'm getting sick of that.

Why can't they, for God's sake make a Tatara Ironworks episode? They mentioned the place once, so now they can't piss on it.

Anyway, where did PokeAni get the info from?

I HATE all these episodes with legendarys. They always suck. Good thing they're out of stock now.

Well what else did you think they were going to do with Phione? It isn't important enough to be in a movie so they're throwing it in a normal ep to be done with it.

I actually wonder though if we'll get any Movie 9 references in this episode, it would be a neat way to connect movie continuity to the anime again.

If Deoxys appearing in DP112 is true, its WAY too much to put Phione, another legendary, in the very next episode.

Hold it right there, all of you.

Almost all of these posts seem to insinuate that you all think Phione is legendary. Phione's legendary status has been neither proven nor disproven, understand? In fact, I hope that this episode proves conclusively that Phione is NOT, NOT, I repeat and emphasize, NOT legendary.

Now then, I think Brock or James will capture Phione. Let the mindless speculation begin.

Hold it right there, all of you.

Almost all of these posts seem to insinuate that you all think Phione is legendary. Phione's legendary status has been neither proven nor disproven, understand? In fact, I hope that this episode proves conclusively that Phione is NOT, NOT, I repeat and emphasize, NOT legendary.

Now then, I think Brock or James will capture Phione. Let the mindless speculation begin.

No one is THAT mindless.

Word of God says it's Legendary, it's in the Legendary section of the Pokedex. It's Legendary, get over it.

Word of God says it's Legendary, it's in the Legendary section of the Pokedex. It's Legendary, get over it.

There is no PROOF! Rotom's in with those legendaries, as well as the Dragonite, T-Tar, Salamence, and Metagross families. So it's bred from Manaphy, that proves NOTHING! It can breed! It can create more Phione! In fact, I believe, wasn't the whole purpose of Phione to prevent players from getting multiple Manaphy? That right there proves Legendaries weren't meant to breed. So the fact that Phione can breed lends much evidence in favor of it being non-legendary.

NOW THEN! This thread isn't for discussing Phione's legendary status and lack thereof. It's for discussing DP113 (which, by the way, can't be created by a common member on Bulbapedia due to all this blog paranoia.

hmm, wonder what they will do with phione. I agree its not enough of a legendary for its own movie, something linked to Manaphy should be in this episode too. Wonder if the movie will be linked to this in any way.

Was the Manaphy movie canon to Anime? For some reason I did not think it was

I actually wonder though if we'll get any Movie 9 references in this episode, it would be a neat way to connect movie continuity to the anime again.

Probably a lot of Movie 9 BGM, and maybe a brief reference to the People of the Sea (hey, if they can bring up aura again, why not?)

Probably a lot of Movie 9 BGM, and maybe a brief reference to the People of the Sea (hey, if they can bring up aura again, why not?)

Music from my favorite movie soundtrack? WIN. I'll actually be quite surprised if a referece to the People of the Sea is made.

"BCUZ ASH AND DANW AND BROK AND MAY AND MISS T AND MACKS DO NOT CATCH ANYTING"

Also, Phione is legendary. Not allowed in the Battle Tower. While legendaries can be used, the only ones who can't be used are legendaries. And eggs. But that's a given because those can't battle anyway!

And Rotom likely retained that position in the dex because they didn't want it to be found or used pre-NDex. So they did that with it, just like the rest of the new evos besides Ambipom, Honchkrow, and Mismagius.

Also, Phione is legendary. Not allowed in the Battle Tower. While legendaries can be used, the only ones who can't be used are legendaries. And eggs. But that's a given because those can't battle anyway!

And Rotom likely retained that position in the dex because they didn't want it to be found or used pre-NDex. So they did that with it, just like the rest of the new evos besides Ambipom, Honchkrow, and Mismagius.

Being classified as a legendary doesn't really have anything to do with battle prowress.

Phione is counted as one because you can only get them by breeding one. You need more "effort" to obtain one. You either breed a Manaphy, which in itself takes effort to obtain (You need to play through a totally separate side game and have two DSs to transfer the egg.) Or you need to be lucky and know someone who did all this and is willing to trade it.

It's due to it's exclusive-ness that Phione is included as a legendary, despite not having the stats of one.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom