• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Title DP113

Hmm, I was thinking a good way to make Phione appear interesting would be to involve J. Who knows what they’ll do here. The title seems to imply that this Phione may be up to no good, which would be awesome. XD I wonder if it'll steal Ash's bad- *shot*

Phione's legendary status has been neither proven nor disproven, understand?
People just love to whip out the "You need cold hard proof for something to be true, no matter how obvious common sense makes it!" excuse to justify whatever, be it Phione not being legendary, Ash catching Riolu, or the movies not being canon. This isn’t Ace Attorney a courtroom, it’s Pokémon. Even if there really is evidence (halo thar, movie-refereneces-in-the-series), people just tend to ignore it. I don’t really have any problem with you, Missingno.Master, but this is a pet peeve of mine. '_' Sorry if I’m rambling incoherently.

Last edited:
There is no PROOF! Rotom's in with those legendaries, as well as the Dragonite, T-Tar, Salamence, and Metagross families.

They're at the beginning of such sections. Not smack dab in the middle like Rotom.

In fact, I believe, wasn't the whole purpose of Phione to prevent players from getting multiple Manaphy?

?! Why would you think that. There's no need to do that. They could just prevent Manaphy from breeding. Just because Manaphy hatches from an egg doesn't mean there's some glitch that would cause it to breed. Every Pokemon has egg data and steps to hatch, even Legendaries, there's just no way to legitimately get those eggs. The purpose of Phione was probably so that the fanbase that didn't shell out extra money for the Pokemon Ranger games would get a cheap substitute.

They're at the beginning of such sections. Not smack dab in the middle like Rotom.

?! Why would you think that. There's no need to do that. They could just prevent Manaphy from breeding. Just because Manaphy hatches from an egg doesn't mean there's some glitch that would cause it to breed. Every Pokemon has egg data and steps to hatch, even Legendaries, there's just no way to legitimately get those eggs. The purpose of Phione was probably so that the fanbase that didn't shell out extra money for the Pokemon Ranger games would get a cheap substitute.

If legendaries were meant to breed, Manaphy could make more Manaphy. Not Phione.

The summary of this episode kinda confirmed that this will rather be a comedic episode and not a serious one involving J.

They're prolly saving J for a double-galactic-episode around Snowpoint, something like those 2 fake titles. They said in DP96 that they would hire a "Pokemon Hunter" to capture the Lake Spirits, so that confirms that J will work with Galactic.

This does sound like its going to be a good episode and im glad that Phione is finally going to make debut in anime.

I admit i kinda hoped that certain past main character who likes water pokemon is going to return during time when Phione is showed but i highly doubt its going to happen,sadly.

Anyway,i wonder what will be happening in this episode.I remember some people saying how Hunter J could make appearance when Phione appears but thats not very likely aswell.

Though, I wonder if Manaphy will be in this. Kind of odd to have Phione without it's superior counterpart.

I think so too. After all, you can only find a Pokémon like Phione in the sea.

The summary of this episode kinda confirmed that this will rather be a comedic episode and not a serious one involving J.

They're prolly saving J for a double-galactic-episode around Snowpoint, something like those 2 fake titles. They said in DP96 that they would hire a "Pokemon Hunter" to capture the Lake Spirits, so that confirms that J will work with Galactic.
Yeah, I posted that before finding out the summaries had been posted. ^^; *needs to pay more attention*

Rotom is also at the begining of said list.

Anyway, to me, it is what I would call a pseudo-legendary since it was actually born from a legendary and a whore Ditto, while things liek Dragonite only get that title due to power.

I hope its interesting though even if the little bladder sack isn't important.

pokemon fan 132 said:
I admit i kinda hoped that certain past main character who likes water pokemon is going to return during time when Phione is showed but i highly doubt its going to happen,sadly.

Well it would have made more sense if it was a certain co-ordinator, but that seems unlikely aswell.

Rotom is also at the begining of said list.

Sorry, I meant Phione. No non-Legendary Pokemon is sandwiched in between the Legendaries of a generation.

Sorry, I meant Phione. No non-Legendary Pokemon is sandwiched in between the Legendaries of a generation.

I begz 2 diffar.

Kanto dex: Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite come after the legendary birds, but before Mewtwo and Mew.

Johto dex: Larvitar, Pupitar, and Tyranitar come after the legendary gerbils, but before Lugia, Ho-Oh, and Celebi.

Hoenn dex: Beldum, Metang, and Metagross come after the legendary golems and the Lati siblings, but before the weather trio, Jirachi, and Deoxys.

And now, Phione is sandwiched between the D/P non-event legendaries and the D/P event legendaries.

Wouldn't it be great if Dawn cought herself a legendary. I would certainly welcome the idea.

Wouldn't it be great if Dawn cought herself a legendary. I would certainly welcome the idea.

It's a general rule in the anime that none but the most powerful trainers capture legendaries, and besides, what's that got to do with this?

I think Brock will capture Phione, by the way. Or maybe Team Rocket.

MM, just give it a rest already. No one cares if you think it's not a legendary. We can think whatever we want. So just stop attacking people and give it a god damn rest.

Phione is a legendary.

If anyone in the main group catches a legendary, it's a game breaker. And therefore, NO ONE should catch Phione.

That's what I think.

Phione is a legendary and nobody will be capturing it.

Its just a debut episode.

Phione is a legendary.

If anyone in the main group catches a legendary, it's a game breaker. And therefore, NO ONE should catch Phione.

That's what I think.
Legendary or not, doesn't Phione kinda... well, suck? I don't see how it could really be considered a game breaker.

MM, just give it a rest already. No one cares if you think it's not a legendary. We can think whatever we want. So just stop attacking people and give it a god damn rest.

I am not attacking people. I am trying to prevent all of common sense from being completely submerged by the towering tidal wave of misconception and misguided theory by throwing the good people a life preserver of truth.

Now hear this! Although I personally believe with all my heart that Phione can't possibly be legendary, I do admit that the entire issue continues to go unsolved. Therefore, I would like to propose the following compromise- I will stop speaking as if Phione is confirmed to not be legendary, if my fellow members will stop speaking as if Phione is confirmed to be legendary. I personally think this will be a fair agreement all around, and will prevent the thread from getting cluttered with argument. However, I will be more than happy to take any arguing you guys still want to do on the matter to Private Messaging, OK?

Legendary or not, doesn't Phione kinda... well, suck? I don't see how it could really be considered a game breaker.

"Legendary" doesn't have to be indicative of its game stats. It's a thing of legend, an extremely rare Pokemon.

Didnt it clearly say "Phione Watching" not "HEY THERE FANS HIKARI IS CATCHING A PHIONE"

thats what I thought. Chances are Dawn:phione::May:Manaphy

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom