• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Titles? (Need Translation)

I'll be glad to see Ash finally make a trade that he doesn't regret. Some people hold their precious Season 1 as a holy grail, as if that season set the "rules" of what this show is about.

Season 1 has had more retcon's than any other saga. The whole "trading is bad" is the same bullshit in the same season where Ash released half his team, where there were real animals among Pokemon, where Ash didn't even win half his badges fairly, and where evolutions were considered "not important" to the strength of a Pokemon. Yeah...remember how the writers got rid of Starmie but kept Staryu, wtf was the point of that other than to glorify an unevolved form that barely did anything anyway?

What happened to the "only Ash is allowed to have an electric type" rule that was broken when Dawn got Pachirisu? I don't see Pikachu falling from spotlight just because there's another electric Pokemon around.

If Ash and Dawn trade, then they trade, there's nothing you can do about it. Stop bringing up nonsense from over 10 YEARS ago in a season that the writers have retconned or changed their methods about entirely.

Season 1 is not Season 10, get over it.

I think they'll eventually trade, but I still think it's kinda early.

I wanna see Buizel in a contest first. D:

(then they can trade.)

I think the main reason people see the Wobuffet episode as anti-trade is because Ash turned down multiple trades for his Tauros in that episode.

Well, maybe he was afraid that guy was going to make Tauros hamburgers?

Whatever happened to all of those Tauros? I don't remember.

He still has them. We saw the whole herd chase after him when he returned to Oaks after Hoenn.

He also used Tauros against Anabel, which I assume is the same one he always uses to battle.

Yeah...remember how the writers got rid of Starmie but kept Staryu, wtf was the point of that other than to glorify an unevolved form that barely did anything anyway?

At a guess: Misty's sisters wanted to pinch off with what they thought was the stronger/prettier of the pair (Trying to pinch Starmie AND Staryu would probably have been pushing their luck)

I don't think Jessie seemed too happy about her side of that trade at first...

Anyway, I have NEVER expressed my feelings towards Buizel for Aipom as people seem to fight too much and I didn't want to get involved...I do want them to trade, but I won't really be that angry if they don't...

Probably just an "I use that whenever I want, and you use this whenever you want!" kind of deal.

You know what?
It's going to be AWESOME.

It's 100% sure that Mikaruge arc is going to be the same as in the games. The Mikaruge Tower thingy was located straight before Zui. I hope we'll see the cemetery tower, too. A game-based filler episode. We needed that!

Zui Contest - Quite OK. I'm not a fan of anime Contests but it's good to see Zui at last. Really good. I just hope they'll don't miss the fact that Zui is a farmer town.

I also hope to see the Ruins and Koduck Restaurant. Ruins must be shown just because it's a main attraction of Zui Town. Koduck Restaurant also must be shown because it's an awesome arc and a perfect chance for a game-based episode with Shirona's reappearance. Because it's always better to have game-based episoded instead of writers-wanked fillers, isn't it?

I also hope to see the Ruins and Koduck Restaurant. Ruins must be shown just because it's a main attraction of Zui Town. Koduck Restaurant also must be shown because it's an awesome arc and a perfect chance for a game-based episode with Shirona's reappearance. Because it's always better to have game-based episoded instead of writers-wanked fillers, isn't it?

um... not particularly. The writers have shown on several occasions that they can write good original plots (especially in DP), and they've also shown that they do nothing with game events except fucking butcher them (fortunately, that hasn't been quite as prevalent in DP so far as with previous series... especially compared to AG, with its fucked-up Groudon/Kyogre conclusion and turning several of Houen's unique locales into typical dull-ass towns, Himawaki being one of the worst offenders... but still).

Probably just an "I use that whenever I want, and you use this whenever you want!" kind of deal.

That'd be good. Given Ash is learning a few contest tricks, he might teach Buizel a few things via his Gym Battles that will help Dawn use it in contests.

Just pointing out that I think it'll be a complete trade and that^ was just what it would mean if it wasn't a complete trade.

Speaking of towns, DP's been doing great with them.

Oreburgh we saw alot of rocks as well as the mines, Floroama town was beautful, and Hearthrome had the victorian-style buildings. They actually looked different!

Yeah, you really get the feeling you're watching the same region as the games this time...other regions did this, but not to the extent of Sinnoh.

The writers still use the filler forest of doom in half the episodes though.

Don't worry, it'll be the Filler Snowstorm Of Doomy Doom once they start heading up to Snowpoint City. Won't that be fun?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom