• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New titles & summaries

PPK

Dora-Pokemon
Reaction score
Source:
Pokeani

Scan:
http://www.imgup.org/iup570047.jpg
http://www.imgup.org/iup570048.jpg
http://www.imgup.org/iup570049.jpg

- March 27 - No airing

- April 3 - One-hour Special (DP73+DP74)

DP73 : さよならドクケイル!(Farewell Dustox!)
DP74 : ピカチュウ!ライチュウ!進化への道!! (Pikachu! Raichu! The Way to Evolution!!)

- April 10 - No airing

Summaries:

DP73: Team Rocket arrives at a Pokemon Center at the lakefront, where Jessie's Dustox catches sight of an shiny Dustox. Then Dustox flies to the lake by following the shiny one by nature...

It is said that on the night of the full moon, crowds of Dustox gather at the lake to fly over Mt. Coronet. Jessie of Team Rocket meets Taiki, a boy who also uses Dustox (the shiny one; while Jessie's Dustox is the ♀ one with bows on its antennae). Their two Pokemon make good friends with each other. Jessie and her Dustox have been good partners for many years. This time she shed tears, and the reason is...?

DP74: During their journey, Ash & co meet Shou, a boy with a Pichu and a Raichu, who considers Ash's Pikachu as a wild Pokemon...

Last edited:
I'd like to know who's the writer for DP 74. o_O
Though:
#pocketmonsters said:
.:10.47.46:. ( &FullMasta ) not gonna happen
.:10.48.04:. ( &FullMasta ) know why?
.:10.48.13:. ( &FullMasta ) pikachu = in m11 trailer
... xD

DP73 better make my cry double the usual amount of manly tears to make up for the lack of them during Cacnea's farewell.

DP74 sounds like a boring filler.

Farewell Dustox! - Well, I suppose it's amazing that it's lasted as long as it has, considering how underused it's been. I remember how surprised everyone was that Cacnea left before it. Now there's only Seviper left from the Hoenn teams... Hopefully this will, at least, be an emotional exit.

Pikachu! Raichu! The Way to Evolution!! - Another episode with a Raichu in it already? Man, Raichu's starting to feel as overused as Arcanine and Steelix. Hmm, I bet Shuu (err, Shou) tries to catch Pikachu.

Last edited:
Another episode where they explain to us why Pikachu refuses to evolve? What is this, Season 1?

Also, Dustox. It was to be expected however. :[

So it's finally time for Dokucale to say goodbye? It's pretty amazing that it stuck around this long, honestly.

Musashi never really used it to near its full potential, but hopefully the writers will at least give it a good send off.

translation done. refresh the thread to see the summaries of the two eps

DP73: Team Rocket arrives at a Pokemon Center at the lakefront, where Jessie's Dustox catches sight of an shinny Dustox. Then Dustox flies to the lake by following the shinny one (maybe a she?) by nature...

That reminds me of why Victreebel left. It fell in love with another Pokemon and ran off with it.

DP74: During their journey, Ash & co meet Shou, a boy with a Pichu and a Raichu, who considers Ash's Pikachu as a wild Pokemon...

This summary gives me the vibe of Johto filler syndrome.

Hmmm... The Dokucale episodes sounds suspiciously like the Butterfree episode from Kanto. Raichu episode doesn't sound any more interesting than normal filler.

As sad as it'll be to see Dokucale leave, at least Musashi will get some focus for once.

I wonder if this will carry over into the Pikachu episode the way Sabonea's did. She does love Dokucale a lot...

Going by the scan, DP 70 was written by Yukiyoshi Ōhashi, DP 71&72 were written by Shinzō Fujita, Junki Takegami wrote DP 73, and DP 74 was written by Shōji Yonemura.

And there was no apparent reason for the Toxicroak, was there?

Dokurog wasn't shiny. It was a color difference between the anime and the game. The Zukan, when Satoshi scans it, shows a Dokurog of that same color. From my observations, the Zukan shows a standard picture when used to scan something.

Doesn't matter. The game and anime occasionally have differences in terms of the way they draw or color certain Pokemon. Notably Gligar is depicted as light purple in game but colored pink in the anime. Satoshi's Yorunozuku about 1/3rd of the size it ought to be and Nokocchi are about half the size they're supposed to be.

The crazy thing is that there are going to be people who, during the next few weeks, will be trying to convince everyone that Satoshi's Pikachu is going to evolve.

raichu_the_movie_small.jpg

Can you imagine?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom