• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New to competitive battling

Zeldapsychology

Reaction score
I've looked over a few other topics here on the issue and couldn't exactly find an answer I think? I looked over Smogen on which pokemon I was considering building a team around but first I need to do IVs for breeding. I've done 30 Klefkis,30 squirrtles,and 30+ eevee and most had "maybe" 2 (31) or "great/Best" IVs 30+ of each was a lot!

1) Any tips on breeding for IVs other than choosing X pokemon and breed 100+ pokemon eggs??

2) EVs use A) Super Training or B) *find insert poekmon group* in ORAS? (I think the find X group would be easier.

Not sure on moves! But was considering (if I can GET the right IVs) I was thinking

Lucario
Alakazam (Mega)
Blissey

(and haven't decided) on the other 3.

But first breed 100+ eggs right?

I already put 300+ hrs. into Pokemon X to complete the Dex I know breeding in OR is another 100+ hrs. but it DOES give you something post game (until Z or Gen. 7 I assume for this Fall).

(If only IVs were easier to get!!!) You can easily breed natures with a hold item if I recall but IVs are a PAIN IN THE ASS!

(Also if you train the Chansey with the right IVs/EVs will they go over to the Blissey AKA train the pre evolution then EVOLVE the pokemon? Thanks (Not sure doubles/singles just for fun want to beat the pokemon mansion do some post game) :) I'm bored

Thanks Poke fans!

I've looked over a few other topics here on the issue and couldn't exactly find an answer I think? I looked over Smogen on which pokemon I was considering building a team around but first I need to do IVs for breeding. I've done 30 Klefkis,30 squirrtles,and 30+ eevee and most had "maybe" 2 (31) or "great/Best" IVs 30+ of each was a lot!

1) Any tips on breeding for IVs other than choosing X pokemon and breed 100+ pokemon eggs??

2) EVs use A) Super Training or B) *find insert poekmon group* in ORAS? (I think the find X group would be easier.

Not sure on moves! But was considering (if I can GET the right IVs) I was thinking

Lucario
Alakazam (Mega)
Blissey

(and haven't decided) on the other 3.

But first breed 100+ eggs right?

I already put 300+ hrs. into Pokemon X to complete the Dex I know breeding in OR is another 100+ hrs. but it DOES give you something post game (until Z or Gen. 7 I assume for this Fall).

(If only IVs were easier to get!!!) You can easily breed natures with a hold item if I recall but IVs are a PAIN IN THE ASS!

(Also if you train the Chansey with the right IVs/EVs will they go over to the Blissey AKA train the pre evolution then EVOLVE the pokemon? Thanks (Not sure doubles/singles just for fun want to beat the pokemon mansion do some post game) :) I'm bored

Thanks Poke fans!

1) I use a 6 IV Ditto for IV breeding. I'll get the nature I want, then slap an Everstone on the Poke, then a Destiny Knot on the Ditto. Make sure you switch out the Pokémon you're IV breeding for once an egg hatches with better IVs then the one currently in the Daycare. If you don't have a Ditto like the one mentioned, use Power items to lock down the 31 IV stats you have for the breeding. Then Destiny Knot once you get a good spread. (Destiny Knot passes down 6 IVs from the Pokémon that is holding it.)

2) I personally like Super Training more, it's easier for me to keep track of how many EVs I've already invested and it will tell me when a Pokes EVs are maxed out in a certain stat.

But yes, make sure you IV/EV train the pre-evolution. They will be passed down when they evolve. Hopefully I helped a little bit. Feel free to PM for more specific help. With the breeding system I use it usually takes an hour, at most, to get either 5 or 6 IV spread.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom