• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New trailer provides further details about Primal Groudon and Kyogre: Demo will be av

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New trailer provides further details about Primal Groudon and Kyogre: Demo will be available ...

A new trailer for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire site has been released, revealing additional information about Primal Groudon and Kyogre.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New trailer provides further details about Primal Groudon and Kyogre: Demo will b

So, Desolate Land and Primordial Sea? Not too shabby. While it loses the tie-in to the game names a bit, at least the translated names are better than I thought they'd end up, so I'm cool with that. So one completely cancels out Water moves while the other does the same to Fire moves. Plus it keeps other weather conditions from coming into play and lasts as long as either Mon is in play. Hmm... sounds like it's a compromise between their original abilities and more modern time rules (weather only lasting 5 turns, even abilites). Not bad, not bad at all.

Precipice Blades and Origin Pulse, eh? Sounds powerful. I wonder what their base power will be, as those moves sound brutal, especially if they get STAB (most likely, yes, though Precipice Blades looks a lot like a Rock move in the trailers, so let's hope that's not the case).

So, Mega Gallade becomes a major physical sweeper, as its Attack and Speed go up. Meanwhile, Mega Camerupt gains power all around but loses Speed, and Mega Sharpedo gains strength in all departments, but especially Attack. And Mega Glasses and Mega Anchor? Guess that explains those additions to Maxie's and Archie's designs. They sure are getting creative for the Key Stone's accessories types.

Ooh! Places outside of Japan will get the demo! Sweet! That'll give us a sample of what to expect, give us extra items, and maybe find out what this "special surprise" is that everyone is talking about.

Overall, a nice update. Sounds like everything is falling into place. Hoenn here I come!

Re: New trailer provides further details about Primal Groudon and Kyogre: Demo will b

Mega Gallade looks beautiful in motion. That cape flip is just perfect. My favorite Mega by FAR and I can't wait to use it!

I just love that picture contrasting Aqua & Magma and how TM is all serious while the Aqua Members are all posing or being silly! :lol:

And now I'm quite curious as to what Rayquaza is doing here... :-/

Last edited:

If i'm not mistaken, only two pokemon without mega evolutions were shown on the trailer. Rayquaza and Slowking. Also, slowking is the only one that isn't a gen 3 pokemon. I think they are hinting at something over here...

If i'm not mistaken, only two pokemon without mega evolutions were shown on the trailer. Rayquaza and Slowking. Also, slowking is the only one that isn't a gen 3 pokemon. I think they are hinting at something over here...
I'm thinking a Primal Reversion is more likely for Rayquaza than a Mega Evolution. They also mentioned Rayquaza is related to the mystery of Mega Evolution, so it certainly looks like it.

I'm thinking a Primal Reversion is more likely for Rayquaza than a Mega Evolution. They also mentioned Rayquaza is related to the mystery of Mega Evolution, so it certainly looks like it.

I'm certainly hoping so. This news is great and wonderful, but I fear even more now that we won't get the story from Emerald incorporated into the game somehow. And, as it's pokemon, new game plus is out of the question.

Lastly, I find it a bit of a let down how we haven't had any news of random trainers being able to mega evolve their pokemon. I think it's quite unfair to make it so only Leaders, E4, and Boss Members can mega evolve.

I fail to see where anything said a demo would be available here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom