• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Type Combos

BlueBraviaryGirl

Reaction score
So, what are the new type combos we'd like to see? I do hope we get something besides Fire/Fighting for the starter...aside from there, there are still soooo many they can play with. Ice/Steel would be cool. Or Ice/Electric...Ghost/Steel...Dragon/Fire would rock. Steel/Dragon or Ghost/Dragon would make cool non-legends...we already have Dialga and Giratina that are those types. I like some of those that are normally weak to each other...we already have Dragon/Ice and Electric/Flying. Fire/Grass...Fire/Water...

This recent trailer showed the fire starter using a psychic move wich hints that it might be fire/psychic. but really GF needs to stop the Fire/Fighting wagon, no one likes it anymore...

This recent trailer showed the fire starter using a psychic move wich hints that it might be fire/psychic. but really GF needs to stop the Fire/Fighting wagon, no one likes it anymore...

Evidently Fennekin line won't be Fighting, which is a relief.

On the other hand, there's Victini and Darmanitan-Zen sharing this typing, so it won't be a new combination.

This recent trailer showed the fire starter using a psychic move wich hints that it might be fire/psychic.

Meh, not really. Loads of Pokémon learn moves that aren't its actual type.

Let's see... Ice/Steel would be nice. And maybe a non-legendary Dragon/Ghost and Dragon/Steel combo. Ghost/Fighting might be an interesting mix, as well as Grass/Ghost (Gardenia, watch out!). Fighting/Flying hasn't been done before, so that would make an interesting mix. Dark/Fighting I don't think has been done before either, so that's a possibility. I'm not sure if I can come up with other combos, as most of them are already taken.

I am at least stoked that it is highly unlikely a twiggy little fox will learn fighting, YES FINALLY CYCLE IS BROKEN!!

Let's see... Ice/Steel would be nice. And maybe a non-legendary Dragon/Ghost and Dragon/Steel combo. Ghost/Fighting might be an interesting mix, as well as Grass/Ghost (Gardenia, watch out!). Fighting/Flying hasn't been done before, so that would make an interesting mix. Dark/Fighting I don't think has been done before either, so that's a possibility. I'm not sure if I can come up with other combos, as most of them are already taken.

Scraggy and Scrafty are Dark/Fighting.

But I'd love a fire/grass type with chlorophyll, talk about broken in the sun.

Scraggy and Scrafty are Dark/Fighting.

But I'd love a fire/grass type with chlorophyll, talk about broken in the sun.

Whoops, forgot about them. But yeah, a Fire/Grass type with Chlorophyll would be insane in sunlight. That's a double power up on that combo.

Although not necessarily new type combinations, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the Starters' types. I know the trailer really gives us nothing to go off of in forming educated guesses towards their types, but I'm just getting a vibe. If anything these are the combinations I'm hoping for.

Chespin: Grass/Fighting
Fennekin: Fire/Psychic
Froakie: Water/Dark

Grass/Electric (Only one out there is Rotom-C)
Poison/Dragon
Don't think there's a Fighting/Flying either, that'd be an interesting combo.

This recent trailer showed the fire starter using a psychic move wich hints that it might be fire/psychic.

Meh, not really. Loads of Pokémon learn moves that aren't its actual type.

true that, but hey at least it is something to consider i mean come on we dont need another fire/fighter starter :<

I wouldn't mind seeing a grass/dragon.

Nor do i but seeing how Dragon type is so coveted and considered "the elite type" they might see it as a taboo on starters.

Last edited:
Advocating a Grass/Dragon Raptor here! If it's not in the game I'll throw myself into traffic!

So, I don't know everyone else, but...

I really am thinking the Y legendary will be a Flying/Poison. I don't know if it's the dark-magenta coloration, or the very odd shape, or even my own bias... But it certainly gives me that impression. The type itself is hardly a big deal, but it would finally be a Poison legendary!

I want a Bug/Dragon and a Grass/Fire. Or a compromise with Grass/Dragon along Volcarona, I guess.

^They could've used Bug/Dragon for Yanmega....but they wasted it.

I want them to have evolutions of past Pokemon unlike Gen V. Unova had so many Pokemon that looked like they were evolved versions of other Pokemon... *cough*Luvdisc and Alomomola*cough*

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom