• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Type Combos

Definitely more Grass types. Grass/Ghost or Grass/Fire could be a Pumpkin or Jack O' Lantern.

I feel like Grass/Electric has potential of being a really badass Pokemon. Maybe some sort of raptor or other dinosaur.

A couple more badass type combos: Fire/Ice, Fire/Electric, Fire/Water (Angler fish?)

I would love to see a Normal/Ghost-type Pokemon. That's the one type I mainly hope to see. I wonder what they would base it off of.

I want my damn Dragon/Bug (and non-legendary please). They could have made Flygon one but nope. So maybe this gen hopefully?

Ghost/Steel would be all kinds of awesome, especially if they do the "haunted" armored creature of some form thing being suggested - I'd do several flavors of happy dance if that ended up being true :)

I've wanted to see a Fire/Water tube worm, or some kind of creature that lives in a hydrothermal vent.

Personally I would like to see Ghost/Dragon, Ice/Bug, Grass/Fire, and Fire/Water. In general I'd love to see more duel typings that cover common weaknesses; I think it'd be more of a challenge when battling opponents and equally as fun and challenging to raise.

Personally I would like to see Ghost/Dragon, Ice/Bug, Grass/Fire, and Fire/Water. In general I'd love to see more duel typings that cover common weaknesses; I think it'd be more of a challenge when battling opponents and equally as fun and challenging to raise.

Ghost/Dragon could be a skeletal, cave-dwelling dragon. Weak defences but able to move quickly due to its low weight.
Ice/Bug? I'd like to see a icy blue/light grey wasp with icicle spears, Eskimo-hood design and a plump body.
Grass/ Fire has to be a jack o'lantern, self explanatory.
Fire/Water is a design that could be imagined in thousands of different ways. A steam monster, a boiled fire-breathing lobster, a torpedo eel, so many possibilities.

Electric/Fighting and Electric/Dark are the two I want the most. Some others like Fighting/Flying and maybe some new Bug dual typings would be awesome too.

Electric/Fighting and Electric/Dark are the two I want the most. Some others like Fighting/Flying and maybe some new Bug dual typings would be awesome too.

I reeeaaaaalllyyy (emphasis on the "really") want more Fighting types! Hopefully they come out with at least one new combo. I would rather no new Fighting types than just more basic Fighting Pokemon like Throh and Sawk, or the Mienshao and Conkeldurr lines.

Mostly I'd like to see Fire crossed with more things. Fire/Water, Fire/Electric, Fire/Grass. I think the juxtaposition could create some really creative Pokemon.

If Nintendo would give us a Ghost/Steel with a decent ability (Levitate preferrably) and good base stats, I'd love Gen VI forever.

Other interesting combinations I'd like to see would be Ghost/Normal, Ice/Fire (can't count Kyurem), Fighting/Ghost, and Poison/Psychic. There isn't a lot of Ghost types which is why I want to see more. Everyone shuns Poison so I'm hoping for at least a decent Poison type this generation.

I'd like to see types that have been used, but expanded upon, such as Poison/Ground or Fire/Flying. I think every type has the potential to be wonderful in competitive battling or to have a unique and wondrous design. Poison/Ground could be anything, it could be something as simple as a porcupine that oozes slime or something more complex like a living sand fortress with multiple snake heads.

A new Light-Type would make sense since they didn't reveal the Types of Yveltal and Xerneas in the CoroCoro scan.

Well, if they introduced a new type (like Light or something similar) I'd also expect a second new type, because Xerneas & Yveltal do not look like they share any typings at all.

I think Chespin/Mitchmen had the idea of Xerneas having Type#1/Steel & Yveltal having Type#2/Dark, because at one point Steel/Dark were both new typings and putting them on Pokemon who are introducing two more new typings would be a nice throwback.

I'm not counting on it honestly, but it would be very very exciting if thats what they were planning on.

A new Light-Type would make sense since they didn't reveal the Types of Yveltal and Xerneas in the CoroCoro scan.

Well, if they introduced a new type (like Light or something similar) I'd also expect a second new type, because Xerneas & Yveltal do not look like they share any typings at all.

I think Chespin/Mitchmen had the idea of Xerneas having Type#1/Steel & Yveltal having Type#2/Dark, because at one point Steel/Dark were both new typings and putting them on Pokemon who are introducing two more new typings would be a nice throwback.

I'm not counting on it honestly, but it would be very very exciting if thats what they were planning on.
Yes I did! As you said its doubtful at best, but you never know with GF. It would also be a good way to introduce types, then what they did with Gen 2.

Sound is a very good idea... although they would have to retcon a lot of things, as move typings and Pokemon re-typings. I agree that there should be a second new type and as "Light" is out of the question I'd like the new type to be called Ether. That encompasses holy, saint, lightness and ethereal. What do you think?

I want an Ice/Steel Type with the Heatproof Ability to half the damage of Fire Type Attacks.

Bug/Dark, like a mosquito or something
Ice/Steel, maybe an icy knight or something that kills dragons
Dark/Psychic, like a witch or mad scientist
Rock/Poison, maybe a radioactive stone
Bug/Dragon, a dragonfly that evolves from a dragonfly nymph

I hope that this time, no matter how bizzarre the combinations may look like, GF will do them reasonably - Fire/Water? Steam Pokemon. Bug/Fighting? Bee-cavalier protecting its queen.
Because, honestly, why exactly Stunfisk was Electric-type?

Well, I'd love a Normal/Ghost typing. I have no idea what it could be, but I think the typing itself would be awesome, having 3 immunities and only one weakness. It could have Rattled or Justified as its ability, to take advantage of Dark being an only weakness. What else...oh, an Ice/Electric type (Black Kyruem was only that in spirit) - possibly with the ability levitate. I'd also like Ghost and Dragon Eeveelutions, and a Poison/Dark with levitate. I know that Drapion already has that combination, but levitate would make the theoretical Pokémon weakness-less. I like the idea of Pokémon with no weakness due to abilities, like the Tynamo line.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom