• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Type Mixes

Surly Old Man

Surlier than thou
Reaction score
What type mixes would you like to see in the new game? I would like to see Dark/Poison. It seems a natural combination, but hasn't been done yet, oddly.

Dragon/Fire is the only one that seems absurdly natural to me, yet hasn't been done yet.

Last edited:
Dragon/ ice would be cool...

*doesn't know anything beyond the obvious type weaknesses/ strengths*

I want to see some new ghost combinations. I also want to see something like fire/psychic or electric/psychic. Or electric/dark.

But what I'd really like to see if a dragon/steel, but that's a bit on the crazy side, I think.

I agree with Zeta that a Dragon/Fire type would be amazing. I'd also like to see a Dark/Psychic type, or a Rock/Grass type. (0.o Why am I picturing a moss covered rock..)

Normal/Ghost

-Immune to Normal,Ghost,and Fighting.Weak to Dark.Basically,this thing would be immune to the most commonly used physical attacks in the game.

Dragon/Steel with Levitate

-Resistances of Steel types,high stats of a Dragon type,immune to Ground type moves,and only weak to Fighting.

Fire/Bug

-Duh,a Fireant.C'mon Gamefreak,this one is so obvious.

Fire/Steel

-I don't know,I've always imagined it to be some 'T-1000' firey thing.

Last edited:
Dark/Ghost. I'm picturing an undead knight or something of that nature.
*EDIT* I meant to say Steel/Ghost. Although a Dark/Ghost pokemon with useable stats wouldn't be bad either.
Dark/Dragon. My dream combo.
Steel/Water. I see a Swordfish.
Dragon/Steel. It would make for a cool mechagodzilla type thing.

Maybe for the next games, the legendary trio (and face it, you know they'll have one) could be legendary dragons: Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Ice, and Dragon/Electric.

Maybe some cool new Bug/ combos. Branching away from Bug/Flying and Bug/Poison would be nice.

More pokemon need to be part normal. It's ridiculous that Girafarig is the only non-flying pokemon that's part normal.

Also, it's not a type combo, but would a pure flying type be too much to ask?

Last edited:
Poison/Dragon. Why not, besides it gives them no excuse to give it crappy stats(I want a GOOD poison type, dammit!). Plus it does make sense, in a way, if they make it a serpent-like Dragon like Dragonair or Dratini.
Fire/Normal. Since Normals usually have very wide movepools, the old "crappy, narrow moveset" problem that Fire types have should be fixed. Plus you gain an immunity to Ghost(weakness to Fighting isn't a problem, since about the only fighting move seen with any frequency(that's not on a Fighting type, but you don't see many using Fighting types anyway) is Focus Punch. It COULD be a problem if they suddenly decide to add more good Fighting moves and/or Pokemon, but as it stands now...)
Dark/Ghost...well, one that's usable in competetive battles, anyway
Dark/Psychic. It makes more sense than some other "opposite type" combos, plus there are a few canceled-out weaknesses(Fighting, Ghost, Dark). Of course, there'd be a 4x weakness to Bug, but that's not exactly terrifying seeing as the only good Bug moves are Silver Wind and Megahorn, which aren't on many powerful Pokemon.
Ghost/Normal. Aside from the neat fact that it's immune to itself, I can see this being more...normal...then that other ghosts, ie. having a more defined form and such.
Bug/Grass. It makes a lot of sense if you think about it; maybe it'd look like a stick bug?

Dark/Ghost. I'm picturing an undead knight or something of that nature. Stabyle, but I guess we can always use more of this

Dark/Dragon. My dream combo.
Steel/Water. I see a Swordfish. <- That'd be really cool
Dragon/Steel. It would make for a cool mechagodzilla type thing. <- This is darn near invincible, if it had levitate it would be

Maybe for the next games, the legendary trio (and face it, you know they'll have one) could be legendary dragons: Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Ice, and Dragon/Electric.

Maybe some cool new Bug/ combos. Branching away from Bug/Flying and Bug/Poison would be nice. <- Yes that'd be cool also

More pokemon need to be part normal. It's ridiculous that Girafarig is the only non-flying pokemon that's part normal.

Poison/Dragon. Why not, besides it gives them no excuse to give it crappy stats(I want a GOOD poison type, dammit!). Plus it does make sense, in a way, if they make it a serpent-like Dragon like Dragonair or Dratini.

Fire/Normal. Since Normals usually have very wide movepools, the old "crappy, narrow moveset" problem that Fire types have should be fixed. Plus you gain an immunity to Ghost(weakness to Fighting isn't a problem, since about the only fighting move seen with any frequency(that's not on a Fighting type, but you don't see many using Fighting types anyway) is Focus Punch. It COULD be a problem if they suddenly decide to add more good Fighting moves and/or Pokemon, but as it stands now...)

Dark/Ghost...well, one that's usable in competetive battles, anyway Stabyle :p

Dark/Psychic. It makes more sense than some other "opposite type" combos, plus there are a few canceled-out weaknesses(Fighting, Ghost, Dark). Of course, there'd be a 4x weakness to Bug, but that's not exactly terrifying seeing as the only good Bug moves are Silver Wind and Megahorn, which aren't on many powerful Pokemon. I think I'd want to see this too, it just feels like it's been done though...

Ghost/Normal. Aside from the neat fact that it's immune to itself, I can see this being more...normal...then that other ghosts, ie. having a more defined form and such.<- good idea, what would it be weak to though? Dark and bug, so I guess not invincible
Bug/Grass. It makes a lot of sense if you think about it; maybe it'd look like a stick bug?I want to see a stick bug too, but paras is this type. It's from Red and blue too :p

I really like contradictory type combos. The Hassboh->Hasubrero->Runpappa line is great being Water/Grass. Dark combos are really interesting. I'd also like to see more Electric combos.

Bug/Grass. It makes a lot of sense if you think about it; maybe it'd look like a stick bug?

Paras/Parasect. Thay have a quad weakness to fire and flying though, so they would have to have great stats to be useable.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
I agree with fire/water. Maybe something that shoots out boiling water.

Or a steam pokemon. It could be a superheated gas from deep-sea craters. And let's just give it Levitate to make it unfair. XD

Better than steam, gas Pokémon. Note that gas does not necessarily mean poisonous. Although, I suppose ghosts are close...

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom