• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Types / Type Changes

Oh god, no, I don't want to start the competitive debate here...
I will say only this: Technically you can't even achieve that if all a certain Pokémon is usually used for is to evolve into something greater (normally, anyway). I mean, it's kinda obvious that people will use Garchomp over Gabite, for example. What then, do you delete their data even though it's used for a Pokémon whose final evolution is one of the most notable game breakers in the entire series? I'm not even gonna comment on you calling it "Karenism"...

I'm backing out before this becomes a total shitstorm.

Make Water weak to Poison. Pollution is a huge problem these days after all. Also, Poison needs some more love in general. Also, let Ice resist Dragon, Fairy, and Grass. If Game Freak insists on making defensive Ice types like they've been doing, then those changes need to happen.

Can we just make Flogres Fairy/Grass already. I just do not understand why it is not Fairy/Grass when its design clearly fits and half of its move pool is full of Grass type moves.
Exactly! I always wondering why a fairy flower doesn't have the Grass typing. Weird.

Can we get a ghost fighting with scrappy >.>

I mean, we can, but I don't really see a point in that. Ghost/Fighting wouldn't really benefit much from Scrappy, since you'd want to use Ghost moves against other Ghosts anyway (unless you want to counter something like Sableye or Spiritomb).

Let's turn Skitty/Delcatty into part Fairy. DO IT GAMEFREAK!

I could see a couple of Pokemon gaining Fairy via a Mega Evolution like Altaria and Audino did. Maybe:

Mega Delcatty- Normal/Fairy
Mega Milotic- Water/Fairy
Mega Mismagius- Ghost/Fairy
Mega Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf- Psychic/Fairy
Mega Cresselia- Psychic/Fairy

The need for Gyarados/Mega Gyarados to be retyped as Water/Dragon (Gyarados, particularly) has, probably, been mentioned/harped on in here, but it should happen because Gyarados can only learn one flying-type move, bounce, by tutor and learns its only dark-type move, bite, upon evolving from Magikarp, or very soon thereafter.

Last edited:
learns its only dark-type move, bite, upon evolving from Magikarp, or very soon thereafter.
Incorrect as of Oras. Based Game Freak gave it Crunch at Level 41, a move it sorely needed. And you're talking about level-up moves, correct? Because it can learn Dark Pulse and Payback via TM if you want it to.

I don't think they'll change the base form to a Water/Dragon, and I personally don't see a need to change either form to use it. Feel free to make a case, though, I'm not gonna argue too much on the topic itself.

Removing Stealth Rock's effectiveness to type match-ups would just make it an exact copy of Spikes. There's no point to that. I'm afraid there's no way to fix it other than to severely limit its availability, which just isn't possible.

It wouldn't be an "exact copy of Spikes" though. Spikes can be stacked up to three times (not including Toxic Spikes here) which Stealth Rock can't, and Spikes don't affect anything that has Levitate or is Flying which obviously Stealth Rock does (useful for breaking Sturdy on Skarmory, Multiscale on Dragonite etc etc). There's enough difference there for them still to be usable and different if Stealth Rock was nerfed.

It wouldn't be an "exact copy of Spikes" though. Spikes can be stacked up to three times (not including Toxic Spikes here) which Stealth Rock can't, and Spikes don't affect anything that has Levitate or is Flying which obviously Stealth Rock does (useful for breaking Sturdy on Skarmory, Multiscale on Dragonite etc etc). There's enough difference there for them still to be usable and different if Stealth Rock was nerfed.

I agree. Nerfing Stealth Rock will not make it a Spikes clone.

Maybe it's just because I feel they're semi-counterparts to Alakazam and because I really like Gallade, but I think Gardevoir and Gallade getting a ten BST boost - specifically, their Speed - would be nice. I'd love to see non-Mega Gallade become more viable so I could fit him on my team without taking up Scizor's Mega slot.

Also, Golurk either needs to have its physical defense boosted or to get a Mega. Make it Steel/Ghost-type and boom, it becomes the Iron Giant.

Fairy is a recent new type so that kind of rules out new types (unless Game Freak surprise us). I think that Poison should super effective on Water or have a move that is super effective. I suppose Ice can gain a resistance to Dragon so it has some kind of resistance.

A bit old, I realise, but... Do you think maybe they avoided making the Flabébé line Fairy/Grass because that would expose an extreme Poison weakness in the Pokémon? I dunno, that's just one potential thought. Poor Whimsicott has to suffer.

I don't see why there should be an assumption that certain dual types were avoided so at to prevent x4 weaknesses. There are numerous pokemon with x4 weaknesses, some are even starters. I can't explain flabebe with anything remotely satisfactory, but if I had to guess I'd say it's because the pokemon itself is not part plant.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom