• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News New Ultra Beasts!

GrumpyShaymin

Not an Anime Artist
Reaction score
It's just been revealed that there are (at least) two NEW Ultra Beasts in Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon! UB Burst is exclusive to Ultra Sun and UB Assembly is exclusive to Ultra Moon. What do you guys think about the reveal? After a long span of no substantial news (Lycanroc Dusk Form, but that wasn't exactly story-building huge) here's something that actually builds onto the game. I'm hopeful that there will be more Pokemon reveals as we get closer to the release date.

P.S. Also some new info on Necrozma, but that's another discussion for another thread.

Burst looks amazing. As of now, it's literally the only Ultra Beast that I really like. The concept of a clown alien Pokemon is so cool. :D

Assembly is just meh for me. It's a cinder block with eyes and it just creeps me out :confused:

I thought Burst was a Dark/Fairy type initially, but I've read speculation that it might be a Fire-type. Its move is super effective on Decidueye and Metagross, looks like a firework, and it has candle shaped arms. Fire/Fairy, maybe?

Don't know about the jenga block one. Rock is the immediate guess, but hopefully it's more interesting than that.

edit: Actually, looking at Burst some more, its bodyshape is constructed kinda similar to a plant/flower... I give in trying to guess its type lol.

Last edited:
They don't have their true names yet so they is a chance that these technically formes.

@Kallyle I wasn't expecting that response. I was sort expecting to get called a denialist. But what could they be variations of other than ultra beasts?

Burst's type also eludes me. It looks akin to a Fairy type, given its colorful and whimsical appearance. But, it got a super-effective hit on Decidueye...So that it would mean it could possibly be a Fire, Ice, Dark, Flying, or Ghost type.

Something to note, too, everyone, is that its move may be a different type than it. Or perhaps it has an ability to change move types.

Interesting. I can't see myself picking either of them over my present favourite Kartana without more substantial information though. Models and sprites alone don't win you any battles.

I actually really like Assembly, but I'm still going with Sun because I don't like the design of WoD Necrozma.

My guess is that Assembly will at least be partly Steel-type (that's a given) but it's other type might be Ghost or Dark (just as long as it's not Psychic)
Burst definitely looks like a Fairy-type, but maybe it's secondary type is Ice? It's hard to say. Kudos to Gamefreak for making such interesting and confusing designs.

I actually really like Assembly, but I'm still going with Sun because I don't like the design of WoD Necrozma.

My guess is that Assembly will at least be partly Steel-type (that's a given) but it's other type might be Ghost or Dark (just as long as it's not Psychic)
Burst definitely looks like a Fairy-type, but maybe it's secondary type is Ice? It's hard to say. Kudos to Gamefreak for making such interesting and confusing designs.

I also like Assembly. I think it'll be Rock/Ghost due to the stones and also just because I like unique typings.

Assembly is the sickest looking cat on the block... this is getting really bad for me. Xurkitree and Nihilego sallied their way through to the top of my favorite Pokémon list only one year ago, and now in walks this gargantuan, eye-studded brick wall to give both of them a run for their money.

Burst is ludicrously awesome as well. Oh, sure, just deploy YOUR OWN HEAD as a grenade and then casually regrow a new one! Is that even a head!? With the UBs you can never be too sure...

@Kallyle I wasn't expecting that response. I was sort expecting to get called a denialist. But what could they be variations of other than ultra beasts?
Funnily enough, I actually made a thread about having Ultra Variants of certain Pokémon in the same vain as Alolan Forms, mostly Gen 2 species. Thus, I'm more open to these Ultra Beasts being variations of old Pokémon.

Anyways, I'm not sure about Burst, but UB Assembly kind of made me think of Forretress. In fact, ot looks just like a real fortress. Granted, I still think they could be new Pokémon, but I think there's a chance these new Uktra Beasts could be Johto Pokémon adapting to Ultra Space as well. It could go either way really.

Incidentally, how's that old "the UBs are the seven deadly sins" theory looking these days? :sneaky:

Let me guess, it's time to pivot to Dante's nine circles of Hell or something, isn't it?

Burst is giving me Nihelgo vibes but Assembly could be Unown
I think the version exclusive aspect kills of the Nihilego possibly unless your suggesting that the original version is only available in Ultra Moon.

Also, speaking of Assembly and Unown, one of the Pokémon Daisuki Club websites (I think it was called that) said that Unown could be an Ultra Beast. You might be on to something there!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom