• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News New Ultra Beasts!

I sincerely hope that neither of them is a Psychic-type. Half the Legendaries we already have are Psychic-type and yes, before anyone says it, I know that Ultra Beasts aren't Legendary, but for all intents and purposes they're pretty much the same thing.

I sincerely hope that neither of them is a Psychic-type. Half the Legendaries we already have are Psychic-type and yes, before anyone says it, I know that Ultra Beasts aren't Legendary, but for all intents and purposes they're pretty much the same thing.
I hope that they don't share typings. I know that the previous version exclusion UB's have shared typing and most version exclusives share type. I'm still going to hold out hope though because there have been other version exclusives that weren't type matching:
  • Gen I - Ekans/Sandshrew, Meowth/Mankey, Electabuzz/Mamar
  • Gen II - Teddiursa/Phanpy
  • Gen III - Sableye/Mawile, Zangoose/Seviper
  • Gen IV - Glameow/Stunky
  • Gen VI - Skrelp (Dragalge)/Clawitzer
  • Gen VII - Passimian/Oranguru
Here's to my futile hopes of a Fire/Fairy Burst and a Rock/Ghost Assembly.

Copy-Pasting my post from the New Pokemon thread since it's relevant here

Doing a breakdown of type options for UB Burst and UB Assembly

Let's see, since the UBs don't share any types except version exclusives then our options are...
  • Bug
  • Dragon
  • Ice
  • Fighting
  • Fire
  • Flying
  • Grass
  • Ghost
  • Ground
  • Electric
  • Normal
  • Poison
  • Psychic
  • Rock
  • Water
  • Dark
  • Steel
  • Fairy
With one shared type between the pair. I think we can safely rule out water and normal, which would leave us with 6 types options for Burst and Assembly with one being common.

• Fire
  • Ice
  • Ghost
  • Ground
  • Psychic
  • Fairy

I still stand by my previous prediction of Fire/Fairy for Burst and Fire/Ghost for Assembly.

if Burst psychic/electric with cool new ability? then ghost/ground or ghost/rock Assembly could work?
But what if we gain more new UBs then we think?

Strictly speaking, does Burst have to be a type that's super effective on Metagross and Decidueye, or does it merely have to know a move that is super effective on them?

I definitely prefer Assembly, and love the eye thing it's got going on lol, it may be enough to make me choose Ultra Moon over Sun this time.

Burst falls flat for me, it just looks like a remixed Nihilego with legs and a more tailored hat.

Yes I prefer Assembly as well, but I don't like the design of Wings of Dawn so I'm still going with Ultra Sun.

OMG! The new Ultra Beasts are so cool!

Okay, so while I was kinda creeped out by UB-Assembly on first sight, thanks to it peering into my soul with its hundreds of eyes, I ended up liking it even more than UB-Burst, ironically because of this same concept. I- I just can't wait to learn more about it and see it in action.

UB-Burst kinda screamed Nihilego re-design to me on the first glance, but I ended up loving it as well due to its colorful design, and its cry.

Ah...the new UB's are so cool, and look so promising. And so, with these two new additions to the UB's family, I wonder what doom it spells for the 'UB-Seven Sins' theory. :p

Burst: Fire/Ghost
Assembly: Rock/Steel
Adhesive: Poison

I really like Adhesive's design. This generation has been good to Poison-types for once.

Rock/Steel Assembly sounds kinda bad, though. It's not a good type for something that looks to be defensive.

These new UBs are leaving me conflicted on who I love the best...

I prefer UB Burst, since it has a nice design and being fire is great on top of that, and UB Adhesive comes second.

UB Adhesive
Type: Poison
This Ultra Beast’s head is filled with venom and it shoots this venom out from the poisonous needle on the top of its head. It is said to be intelligent enough to understand human speech and displays many emotions.

UB Burst
Type: Fire/Ghost
UB Burst has a head made up of a collection of curious sparks, which it can remove and make explode. It tricks targets into letting their guard down with its funny behaviour then, when its opponent is close, it surprises them by blowing up its head without warning.

UB Assembly
Type: Rock/Steel
This Ultra Beast is a collection of many life-forms. While it appears to be made up of stones stacked atop one another, each “stone” is in fact a separate life-form. When confronting opponents, the eyes on each of its stones begin to glow bright red.

I guess we can out the "Burst and Assembly replace Buzzwole and Pheromosa" theories to rest since Buzzwole appears in one of those trailers.

UB Adhesive ? why not poison/psychic ? it screams that.

Yes Burst can be ghost, but Assembly not? what the hell? really? or it will get a move to change its typing?

I still wish Assembly had a better typing, but Burst as a ghost type makes a lot of sense based off of its website description:

"UB Burst tricks targets into letting their guard down as it draws near with its funny gait, swaying this way and that—then shocks them by blowing up its own head without warning. Before they can recover their senses, it steals their vitality, which it’s said to use as a source of energy."

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom