• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview New up coming episodes to start 2018 with

Kirby4ever

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
A new preview came out tonight showing clips for possibly 3-5 episodes. The Rotom shenanigans episode, episode 57 is shown here in a few clips. After that, we see clips for future episodes, but we don't know what they're called and when they'll air. They show our crew racing various Pokemon, James and his Marinie having some time together with a Toxapex, and Bewear fighting Buzzwole. It looks like it's going to be an exciting and crazy year for the anime!

I guess it's a bit clearer now why Bewear didn't let the TRio and the Ultra Wormhole (and was so protective of them) and stayed there to watch.
Does s/he know about the UBs?

And way for Rotom to be a troll, but maybe that's why it's a Ghost-type.

-The Rotom form change episode looks pretty funny.
-I honestly wasn't expecting Marshadow to appear in the main anime after M20. Not at least this soon!
-James vs. Toxapex! Place your bets now! (It's a Shiny, too!)
-The Ultra Guardian stuff looks really awesome!
-Seriously, that Bewear is just too powerful!

It looks like it's going to be an exciting and crazy year for the anime!

lol

Couldn't disagree more. For an upcoming events preview for next year, that was pathetic. All they showed was basically just a bunch of footage from the usual SM fillers infested with dumb reaction faces. At first glance the James episode looks interesting but then you realize it's just the same TR-about-to-release-a-mon-but-won't stuff we've seen a gazillion times already.

lol

Couldn't disagree more. For an upcoming events preview for next year, that was pathetic. All they showed was basically just a bunch of footage from the usual SM fillers infested with dumb reaction faces. At first glance the James episode looks interesting but then you realize it's just the same TR-about-to-release-a-mon-but-won't stuff we've seen a gazillion times already.
I agree that they could have shown more. Half of the preview was footage from SM057, which is the next upcoming episode and almost all of the footage was also used in the preview for SM057. They could have used that space to show us some more stuff that actually matters. Marshadow has me intrigued however, but it could just be a one-time cameo like Mew in SM042.

That said however, I disagree that this preview is only a bunch of footage of usual SM happy-go-lucky fillers. The only thing in that preview that's like that is all of the aformentioned Rotom footage which is all from one episode. The James and Mareanie stuff, while most likely filler, looks fairly serious and dramatic for SM standards. The rest of the footage is clearly moving SM's plot forward, with another Ultra Beast appearing and what I assume to be Ash and his classmates fulfilling their roles as Ultra Guardians or something similar. That stuff doesn't look too jokey either.

Where is Team Skull :cry:

They were unceremoniously dropped from the story to bring in USUM elements. Especially since they were even bigger losers than the TRio.
Also, they may be speeding things up for Gen 8 after all. Especially thanks a new rumor than the Switch game WILL be Gen 8, and will come out late '18 or early '19.

The fact that literally the first episode of the year takes half of the preview makes me angry. I understand that kids have short atention span, but still.
I don't really want to see an arc about Marshadow, he's not interesting enough and this series still has a lot of stories to be implemented better. But I guess is better to watch before judging.
The Mareanie episode...feels very familiar, but TR is famous for creating classics with simple plots.
PokeRide race is something that I predicted was going to happen since the series started. It's nice they are used some strong Pokemon that aren't seen often.
Buzzwhole, it's surprising to see it so soon. The fact that it faces Bewear makes it confusing if they are going through the comedy or the threatening angle.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom