• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New version for the OP - "Together2008"

Piplup

XY
Reaction score
XD
This is sooooo funny XD
People get crazy for how long the OP stayed and beg for them to change it... and now the new OP is just another version of Together XD
I wonder if there'll be any new scenes or even completely new animation for it... but most likely they won't do that

Sushi:
We'll have an opening change. ...Somewhat, that is.

Source

I could have sworn it wasn't there before, but in any case, the site now reports that, starting DP 079, there will be a "new" intro called Together2008.

The singer's the same, the lyrics are most likely the same as well, uh...yeah.

And Sushi is right... previously on the page for DP 79 they listed the OP as just "Together" like always... only now they changed it (the rest of information about the episode like the VA list is the same)

Too bad we already know about Swinub and Gliscor, I suppose this opening won't have any other future spoilers. :(

They'll probably give us animations change for this, and I mean a full-scale change. I don't see them just changing the song.

Didn't we already have 2008 in the 10th Movie though...or was that 2007?

The animation will probably be new, and the song will probably be as different as the Mezaze No Master versions, so hey, anything's better than nothing.

I'm amazed Together is so popular for this though - it doesn't really strike me as anything special. Personally, Spurt and Battle Frontier were much more enjoyable.

Don't get your hopes for completely new animation or new scenes
I think most likely the animation will stay the same... like with the winter version for Dawn's theme and the PokaPoka version for Kaze no Message

I like Together honestly.

Don't see why everyone has a problem with it. Maybe it's me, but DP seems to cause the biggest whining over minor stuff no one ever gave thought to before. I mean, people are whining about attacks and stuff now.

DP being too unpredictable has led to people analyzing it now, and it's really pissing me off.

Don't get your hopes for completely new animation or new scenes
I think most likely the animation will stay the same... like with the winter version for Dawn's theme and the PokaPoka version for Kaze no Message
This is an Opening Change. They'll probably do something bigger for it then the Endings, which are usually lower profile.

Perhaps they change a scene or two, but my guess is that they won't make a complete new opening. I think Giratina and Regigigas will probably show up in the new opening.

This is an Opening Change. They'll probably do something bigger for it then the Endings, which are usually lower profile.
Possible... but it's always better to not expect things
Funny how I did said to someone half joking half serious that Together will stay the OP for all of Sinnoh with new versions

At this stage, it's likely to be a completely new animation - the show has changed them on a much more regular basis before now and bringing a new version of Together, even if they don't bother with a completely new song, will give them the opportunity to freshen the show up after leaving it so irregularly long. (The intro's massively outdated for one thing, and has been for a while - and will continue to be as further cast changes are upcoming)

I'd say it's safe to say the animation will be new and this will, indeed, count as the second OP for D/P.

That's what I'm thinking, maybe replace the scene with Dialga and Palkia (simmilar to the Movie 9 stuff in the second version of Spurt).

I'm betting we'll probably get spoilers (Yanma, Gliscor, and Swinub probably).

Hopefully the song will be a different genre. I'd love a heavy-rock version of it, or maybe a techno-mix.

The intro's massively outdated for one thing, and has been for a while - and will continue to be as further cast changes are upcoming
No, it's up-to-date now.

I like Together honestly.

Don't see why everyone has a problem with it. Maybe it's me, but DP seems to cause the biggest whining over minor stuff no one ever gave thought to before. I mean, people are whining about attacks and stuff now.

DP being too unpredictable has led to people analyzing it now, and it's really pissing me off.

I like Together too. I just don't see it as anything as special as it's being made out to be by the show. They're basically putting it alongside the first theme - which'd be like comparing any dub intro to the original Pokemon Theme - both being iconic and repeated through the show (Born to Be a Winner riffs off the original theme, there was a second intro during Johto with a new version of Mezaze Pokemon Master, and as far as the Japanese version goes, the original gets its dues in BGM when appropriate.)

No, it's up-to-date now.

It's up-to-date in quick edits, but shows that constant changes have worn down the scenes. From Ash's scene with his Pokemon animatedly appearing lacking his full squad, to Dawn still only releasing Piplup and Buneary to Team Rocket's pitiful looking scene with Mime Jr, Carnivine and Seviper the only ones left appearing, right up in the corner - showing the big massive gap left by Cacnea and Dustox.

It's long overdue an overhaul and is only going to be moreso once the rest of the cast updates take place.

One could also point out that it's missing an update for the Legendaries we have since had an encounter with, or will have done so by this summer - so we're due including Darkrai, Shaymin, Regigigas and Giratina alongside Diagla and Palkia. A new opening, highlighting this year's movie, of course (while last year's got completely ignored... well, unless you count Dialga and Palkia being there) would be expected.

Last edited:
That and scene like the one with Buoysel, Manafi and Tamanta, Palkia and Dialga will probably be replaced with something else.

But scenes such as the one where Ash commands all his Pokemon with Shinji in the background, will probably left there.

I think it's more likely it'll all be entirely new rather than pussy-footing around adding new scenes here and there.

I mean, seriously, the only theme to have been on longer now is Mezaze Pokemon Master - there's little reason to assume that even though the song will be pretty much the same that there wont be a long-overdue new intro to go with it.

Well, now we know what the opening for the movie will be.

I can't really say I'm surprised it's another version of Together, I'm half expecting this song to be the theme for the whole series.

I agree with The Doctor that the animation will be a complete overhaul. The opening still has that new series feel that they need to get rid of.

Well at least it finally something different. I am hoping for a couple new scenes if the entire thing isn't new.

It better be fast and heavy
guitarist.gif

Awwww, DP's first opening was only two eps off from tying Mezase Pokemon Master (the first version) for being around for the most eps. This will be neat to see, though.

Hope this new Together is somewhat different. Oh well, at least I can look forward to the new animations. Maybe it could spoil more than we know? Who knows but the new animations are definitely what I'm hoping to see.

Last edited:
Oh. I don't think there's going to be any spoilers, as the opening animation is probably made in several different versions like the first Together.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom