• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New version for the OP - "Together2008"

They'll probably give us animations change for this, and I mean a full-scale change. I don't see them just changing the song.

Didn't we already have 2008 in the 10th Movie though...or was that 2007?

That was 2007.

Oh. I don't think there's going to be any spoilers, as the opening animation is probably made in several different versions like the first Together.

The first Together spoiled Turtwig, Buneary and Paul's Murkrow before they were caught.

Almost all the Japanese intros have cast spoilers in them - normally resolved within a few episodes of the intros starting, though some are a lot longer. Like Pidgeot in Mezaze Pokemon Master - who was there from episode one and didn't actually appear until the last episode the intro was used in.

But, still, it can be expected that Gliscor and Swinub - who will be on the team at some point over the next two months - will be spoiled in the intro. And possibly some others, though we've had a mass of cast changes recently and it'll probably be a while now before we get the next one - so it could be relatively spoiler-light. And hey, let's throw in J and the other reccuring characters like Kenny and Gary too.

I'd be surprised if the Sinnoh Elite 4 didn't appear in this intro, or Team Galactic.

I always said that sequence where we see Tracey/Oak/Delia should probably be removed or not have an updated one in the next intro.

Its really tacky to see Delia/Tracey in a D/P intro when they haven't been in any D/P episodes whatsoever. In the BF openings it was meant to re-showcase everyone, but in a D/P opening we generally don't need them.

I always dislike when openings show characters that aren't even in the series, its almost like false advertising. The least they could do is have Ash call up his mother every now and then but I don't think he's ever done that since the original Kanto.

Last edited:
Delia/Tracey in a D/P intro when they haven't been in any D/P episodes whatsoever.

[bp]Following A Maiden's Voyage[/bp] and [bp]When Pokémon World's Collide[/bp] say hello. It's also pretty much assured that they will show up when Ash is competing in the Sinnoh League.

Yeah, Together 2008 is probably just naming more game attacks and places, being as blatant as possible for whoring out the games, and using sugary sweet lyrics sung by a typical 18 year old Japanese girl with a whinny voice, and a short skirt.

~Good good Smiru!

[bp]Following A Maiden's Voyage[/bp] and [bp]When Pokémon World's Collide[/bp] say hello. It's also pretty much assured that they will show up when Ash is competing in the Sinnoh League.

True, but Tracey didn't even speak for his 10 second cameo in D/P1. :p

I also doubt we'll see much of them in the Sinnoh league, remember how nobody showed up in person during the Hoenn league? Ash is a big boy now, he doesn't need his mommy showing up at all his competitions anymore.

True, but Tracey didn't even speak for his 10 second cameo in D/P1. :p

I also doubt we'll see much of them in the Sinnoh league, remember how nobody showed up in person during the Hoenn league? Ash is a big boy now, he doesn't need his mommy showing up at all his competitions anymore.

Showing a little face (even if it's just them watching on TV) at the end of the Saga has been enough to justify their appearing in every opening so far, except for Advanced Adventure, and Pokémon Symphonic Medley. At this point, it's almost as much a staple as the Team Rocket scenes in an opening. So the likelyhood of Together 2008 not featuring a shot of them is extremely slim. I just hope they do it in an interesting way, ala the deck of cards motif in Battle Frontier.

It will be interesting to see if May, Max, Harley, Drew, Kenny, and Nando are added to the opening in some format as well.

I'd like to agree that I hope J, Kenny, Nando, and the rest of the recorruing characters (maybe even ones like Yuuka and the Rangers (who I bet will make more appearances) make appearances, like a big montage shot of everyone or something.

I like Together honestly.

Don't see why everyone has a problem with it. Maybe it's me, but DP seems to cause the biggest whining over minor stuff no one ever gave thought to before. I mean, people are whining about attacks and stuff now.

"Together" is a lot like "Glory Day". It's not a bad song, but it's nowhere near my favorite of themes, and dragging it out so friggin' long does it no favors. It's not the type of song that "grows on me" so much as being the type of song that "starts to piss me off after over-usage". I also see it being a bit like "Kimi no Soba de ~Hikari's Theme~". Constant remixing is just gonna fucking kill the thing for me -_- (seeing as I'm posting in this thread late, to a point that I've already seen the new opening, let me say that I don't think the remix we've got right now is all that great, but given the lifespan of openings, I can only hope this is the last remix we'll be seeing for "Together").

I can't really say I'm surprised it's another version of Together, I'm half expecting this song to be the theme for the whole series.

dear god, no.

I agree with The Doctor that the animation will be a complete overhaul. The opening still has that new series feel that they need to get rid of.

the song itself has that feeling as well. Right before the 4th generation was out, I totally called it that the opening theme would use the word "atarashii" (new) at least once (as it's something that the first opening in Jouto and Advanced Generation did as well).

Together2008 barely feels like it was re-recorded until the end part.

Its actually a shame this opening will probably be here for what is all of 2008, I really wanted new animation.

Almost nothing has changed,only the song got a bit remixed,which makes it sound worse.
Boring.

Can someone post a good qualety version of this?
I haven't seen a good one yet.

Last edited:
Together2008 barely feels like it was re-recorded until the end part.

Its actually a shame this opening will probably be here for what is all of 2008, I really wanted new animation.
True, but because the song only got sung in a bit different way and the instuments got changed and a few were added, somehow gives me a laziness vibe. I at least expected that some new animation.

Almost nothing has changed,only the song got a bit remixed,which makes it sound worse.
Boring.

Can someone post a good qualety version of this?
I haven't seen a good one yet.
320x240 streaming version
640x480 version

I really like Together 2008, I think it's the best Together yet! The start part is really cool and the guitars make it sound a lot less "happy yay" which is good for me. I especially love the guitars and background music at "atarashii machi". After listening to it about 20 times, Together sounds boring in comparison. (I'm probably the only person who thinks so haha)

I like the remix, though dissapointed about the animation.

Hopefully with Gliscor and Swinub coming up they'll alter it a bit (and maybe around the Movie add in some Movie Pokemon instead of the Dialga/Palkia part)

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom