• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Voice Actors Discussion (READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

What do you think about the new voices?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw this I called Cathcart to inform him of what you said in this forum, and he was quite surprised that you would do that, knowing that the original reason for his a.k.a. was to protect against union vs. non union work.
I cannot understand what possible satisfaction you would get in doing something like this. Carter has had nothing but the highest praise for all of your work.

How would I know what his reason was? I didn't have any motive for doing it, as I didn't even know it wasn't common knowledge. Heck Carter is credited as "Carter" on a non-union show. Why would I even think it was a Union/Non-Union issue?

In any event, I'd have higher regard for Carter if he had bothered to inform me ahead of time that I was about to lose a role I passionately loved for eight years. Ya know --since he had such high regard and stuff.

Careful Maddie, don't let that thing called passion seep into your work. It's unprofessional.

*shoots self*

In any event, I'd have higher regard for Carter if he had bothered to inform me ahead of time that I was about to lose a role I passionately loved for eight years. Ya know --since he had such high regard and stuff.
Check and mate ;-)

So true though, if he really does have regard for you and your work, he would've informed you of the situation and whatnot.

But, as always, something didn't add up when OGT reported it. Its not the first time and I doubt the last.

And on Thanksgiving! *The nerve* somebody has sour grapes but it sure isn't Maddie :-D

When I saw this I called Cathcart to inform him of what you said in this forum, and he was quite surprised that you would do that, knowing that the original reason for his a.k.a. was to protect against union vs. non union work.
I cannot understand what possible satisfaction you would get in doing something like this. Carter has had nothing but the highest praise for all of your work.

When EVERYONE KNOWS that it's VA 1 under Name 2, I really don't think the unions care. I mean, everyone knows that Jamieson Price (my favorite VA, to use an example) is James Lyon. Does it cost him work to get both names out? No it doesn't. Does he prevent sites from refering to him as either name? No he doesn't, which is why just about every site that mentions his work calls him by both names and even more (I can't remember the pseudonym he uses on Bobobo, and he probably has more). Heck, some VA sites go out of their ways to mention every name VA 1 is known by, and I don't see anyone trying to stop them.

I read that Unregistered post and assumed they were talking about somebody else (NewBrock, old guard truthseeker, etc.). I never once thought that he was referring to himself as a PUSA employee.

And, like I said before, it wouldn't matter because we'd have no reason to believe what he's saying anyway. ANYONE can not register and then post that they're so-and-so with such-and-such company. If you guys are so quick to believe that some random person is who he says he is just because he says so, then you deserve to look like a dummy for overreacting.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
When EVERYONE KNOWS that it's VA 1 under Name 2, I really don't think the unions care. I mean, everyone knows that Jamieson Price (my favorite VA, to use an example) is James Lyon. Does it cost him work to get both names out? No it doesn't.

You don't know that. He could have auditioned for roles and was then turned down because of his affiliation (or lack of an affiliation with) a union. I mean, how many voice actors do you know of who post what roles they auditioned for and were then turned down for?

You don't know that. He could have auditioned for roles and was then turned down because of his affiliation (or lack of an affiliation with) a union. I mean, how many voice actors do you know of who post what roles they auditioned for and were then turned down for?

I think more VAs would go around trying to get fan sites to not refer to their other names then. But they don't.

This thread and situation are like a never-ending soap opera. It is extremely frustrating to read many of the posts here.

The fact that PTL and others fell for the Guest's posts about Sarah being replaced, someone who does not even have a name, and yet do not believe someone who has talked in real life to PUSA multiple times, just goes to show how all reasoning and rationality has gone out the window on SOVA's side. Or maybe the club never had it in the first place...

This isn't even a situation or point of issue anymore. The old VAs will not be back. 4Kids will not be back. Everything has indicated this - nothing, not even the slightest indication, has ever even suggested otherwise - feel free to show me otherwise, because I am interested in knowing what SOVA's drive to doing this is. This situation was over a long time ago - myself and others have tried to point this out to you people for months. Judging by Pie's absence, the group's disorganization, and the lack of activity in both the members and their 'projects,' it seems to me as if deep down, they might even believe it themselves.

This seriously is not even funny anymore. It's almost even sad - you can call it "frustrating" if you like. You guys have wasted so many hours, myself included, sadly, debating over something dead - something not even in your hands - I told you you would many months ago as well. Nothing new has even surfaced - this is all old, regurgitated words. You have all wasted your life over nothing, and even when people show you this, you still continue. And don't give me that "WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP THERE IS HOPE THIS IS LIKE AN ANIME WORLD WHERE IF YOU TRY HARD ENOUGH YOUR DREAMS WILL COME TRUE AND I WILL HAVE BEEN A STRONG PERSON AND WE WILL ALL LIVE HAPPILLY EVER AFTER" crap (excuse the language). You are absolutely ridiculous when you pretend to be crusaders of a dead cause. In Theory of Knowledge, a course required to earn your IB Diploma, they have taught us that no hope exists in an irrational person's mind, because they themselves cannot see the truth, disillusion themselves, and cause themselves to be in a decaying situation - without realizing it. When I took the course, I applied everything to SOVA, because it made such an excellent example.

SOVA has seriously lost it. They are an embarrasment to the Pokemon community to other communities and to Pokemon themselves, in my opinion. They will never admit that they were wrong and will always continue to dig themselves a hole because it is absolutely too late to admit defeat for them and to turn back - it would be hypocritical to do so, and they have cornered themselves. It's all just a joke at this point. When I began to realize that it was all a joke and that these people were just helpless, inexperienced, and irrational people who obviously were the dull knives in the drawer, I decided to quit wasting my time over people so pathetic. I believe that word describes the organization perfectly.

But feel free to continue PTL and SOVA - it will just hurt more in the end when reality punches you in the face harder than you will have ever been hit in your lives. I have been fighting you all so that you never receive that punch, or at least not as hard, but it seems you chose to receive it.

*waits for standard SOVA supporter messages, followed by PTL quoting them and saying "I agree" to everything, followed by more ignorance, followed by the most cyclical cycle ever to exist on this planet*

WPM, shut the hell up now and just stop messing with them. Enough is enough.

WPM, shut the hell up now and just stop messing with them. Enough is enough.

Who gives you the right to tell me to shut up? I am allowed to speak on a forum in which I am registered. If you don't like it, don't read my posts. As far as I see it, my post is no more offensive than posts from both people's sides in recent pages.

It gets really annoying when people try to censor me here all the time just because I have the longest history against SOVA. Instead of trying to shut me up all the time, why don't you people come up with some constructive points? It's obvious that you can't and haven't, so you try to "not deal with it." Good luck achieving your goals when you can't even face the criticism. :dodgy:

Oh, it's you again WPM. And apparently, you've made another rant about SOVA......

Well, in response to your previous post, I have this to say.

I am prepared for that disappointment when/if it comes. But even if I fail, I know that we at least tried our best to accomplish this.

Anyway, you probably didn't see this post, but I made it in the SOVA thread a while back (and I recently posted it again, in this thread).

Now don't get me wrong. It would definitely be better if we were to succeed, of course. We'd come to be known as the group, or rather organization, that almost singlehandedly got the original VAs back on Pokemon. And also, the VAs would only respect us even MORE because of that.

And in my opinion, after all that hard work we've done, nothing would be better for us than to receive the kinda recognition that we all deserve.

But, if it turns out we shall fail, then it's like the gadfly told us once before.

At least we tried our best to accomplish something near impossible, something that we truly believed in and wanted to do more than anything.

And at that moment, the most important thing would be that we learned a lesson from everything. And we'd at least be happy knowing that we gained some very useful knowledge from this experience.

Also, I'm sure that all the VAs would be thankful that we tried our best to save them, even if we were to fail.

It would show them how much we, as fans, really care about them and love them for the great and wonderful voice actors that they really are. They put their hearts and souls into the characters on Pokemon, and we felt it would only make sense to return the favor and do the same for them, by pouring our own hearts and souls into saving the VAs and getting their jobs back.

And although I can't speak for the other SOVA members, overall, I think I'll at least be satisfied with whatever happens. And whether we fail or succeed in the end, that doesn't matter to me.

All of the voice actors are special to us, and in the end, they'll know this no matter what the outcome of the situation is, whether it's good or bad.

And in rebuttal to what you said about SOVA, I present you with this post.

Oh, you want to know why we want the original voice actors back?

Well, I'll tell you why.

First of all, many fans have watched every Pokemon episode since the beginning, up unitil now. I was one of the few people who watched every episode, every day that Pokemon came on TV. Rerun or not, that was my thing to do every day.

One of the main reasons I love Pokemon so much is because, for those 8 seasons, the show had great voice acting. The group of voice actors that Pokemon had was very talented, and they should not have been recasted. Many people besides me share this view as well.

And besides the fact that we don't believe the original VAs should have been recasted, there's also the issue of whether Pokemon USA even tried to get them back. I think that's what hurts me the most.

Of course, it's not just that. Every one of the voice actors on Pokemon had such amazing chemistry with one another, that it would be hard for most fans to believe that each voice actor actually says their lines in a booth by themselves, with no one else around.

The fact that, when you watch Pokemon, it sounds like the show is made with everyone-in-one-room even though it isn't is very amazing.

Anyway, that's what I'm missing whenever I watch Battle Frontier. I hear a bunch of voices that don't sound as though they're speaking to each other like that. They don't have that flow, or that same chemistry that the original voice actors had.

Not to mention the fact that, except for Brock, the new voices don't sound like the original voices at all. They're too different.

With Ash's new voice actress though, the problem is much worse. It's a different story altogether with her. Don't even get me started on that.

To sum up my feelings though, I strongly believe they should get Veronica Taylor back, so she can do Ash's voice the way it was meant to be done.

Hypothetically speaking, if we were able to get the other voice actors back, that would be great too. But we desperately need Veronica Taylor back, and I'm not the only person who believes this.

And this post.

I don't care if Pokemon USA laughs at us.

And while it's true that we're not the target age, it IS true that people other than the target age group watch Pokemon. And all we're trying to do is make sure Pokemon USA realizes this. While we may not be much of anything in the ratings, we do have a right to voice our own opinions. And no one, I mean no one, can stop us from doing that. If we want to send letters, then no one can stop us. Not Pokemon USA, not TAJ Productions, nor any other company, not even the president himself.

Besides, what's so bad about fans of a TV show sending a company letters? Isn't that a good thing, rather than a bad thing? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that letting companies know of what mistakes they've made, and how they can possibly correct them, is one way companies can improve, become stronger, and maybe even make more money.

Now what do you have to say, WPM? :rolleyes:

And you haven't either, apparently.

*sees that this thread has now become a heated SOVA debate*

Also, after that Unregistered (the very first one) started posting here, I knew this thread would soon turn into a debate about SOVA. I saw that one coming.

Anyway, as long as there aren't any flames being directed towards me or SOVA, I don't see any problem with having a well-mannered, civilized debate.

Heh, I don't need a reality check.

I just believe in a certain cause, and it's as simple as that.

That's true, you did that a lot when you were still Unregistered.

And I have to admit, many Unregistered guests seem to be very smart with the way they word their posts. It's so professional.

However, I didn't like the way that one anonymous person in particular treated me. Attacking and flaming me like that, it was so awful.

In Theory of Knowledge, a course required to earn your IB Diploma, they have taught us that no hope exists in an irrational person's mind, because they themselves cannot see the truth, disillusion themselves, and cause themselves to be in a decaying situation - without realizing it. When I took the course, I applied everything to SOVA, because it made such an excellent example.
Ah yes, it's fun to stroke your ego, ain't it? Because of course taking an IB class makes you infallible, amirite?

Perhaps you have disillusioned yourself in believing that SOVA has no chance, and you hope you can see them fail soyou can say "nehehehe, I told you so!" and then post about it on your Website, no?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom