• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Voice Actors Discussion (READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

What do you think about the new voices?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone told her about Brock getting an episode? I'm sure that would cheer her up.

Ah yes, it's fun to stroke your ego, ain't it? Because of course taking an IB class makes you infallible, amirite?

Perhaps you have disillusioned yourself in believing that SOVA has no chance, and you hope you can see them fail soyou can say "nehehehe, I told you so!" and then post about it on your Website, no?

I love how you make ridiculous attacks on me rather than address a single relevant point I made in my first post. Once again - avoiding the issue.

This thread and situation are like a never-ending soap opera. It is extremely frustrating to read many of the posts here.

Don't like, don't read. Wait, didn't you tell MistyLover17 basically the same thing?

The fact that PTL and others fell for the Guest's posts about Sarah being replaced, someone who does not even have a name, and yet do not believe someone who has talked in real life to PUSA multiple times, just goes to show how all reasoning and rationality has gone out the window on SOVA's side. Or maybe the club never had it in the first place...
They don't believe you because you won't reveal your source, remember? We have to take you at your word. I will agree that some of them jumped to conclusions. The last statement is an ad hominem attack. I don't think they were irrational to begin with.

This isn't even a situation or point of issue anymore. The old VAs will not be back. 4Kids will not be back. Everything has indicated this - nothing, not even the slightest indication, has ever even suggested otherwise - feel free to show me otherwise, because I am interested in knowing what SOVA's drive to doing this is. This situation was over a long time ago - myself and others have tried to point this out to you people for months. Judging by Pie's absence, the group's disorganization, and the lack of activity in both the members and their 'projects,' it seems to me as if deep down, they might even believe it themselves.
What's your take on the redubbing of "Mastermind"? Do you think that SOVA had anything to do with that?

They have a cause they believe in. They are free to make petitions, write letters, or whatever, to further that cause. You don't have to agree with them. But they are free to make their voices heard, even if you and everyone else disagrees with them.

This seriously is not even funny anymore. It's almost even sad - you can call it "frustrating" if you like. You guys have wasted so many hours, myself included, sadly, debating over something dead - something not even in your hands - I told you you would many months ago as well. Nothing new has even surfaced - this is all old, regurgitated words. You have all wasted your life over nothing, and even when people show you this, you still continue.
If you consider it such a huge waste of time and energy, then why in God's name are you still debating it? They don't consider it a waste. Your opinion does not matter to them.

And don't give me that "WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP THERE IS HOPE THIS IS LIKE AN ANIME WORLD WHERE IF YOU TRY HARD ENOUGH YOUR DREAMS WILL COME TRUE AND I WILL HAVE BEEN A STRONG PERSON AND WE WILL ALL LIVE HAPPILLY EVER AFTER" crap (excuse the language). You are absolutely ridiculous when you pretend to be crusaders of a dead cause. In Theory of Knowledge, a course required to earn your IB Diploma, they have taught us that no hope exists in an irrational person's mind, because they themselves cannot see the truth, disillusion themselves, and cause themselves to be in a decaying situation - without realizing it. When I took the course, I applied everything to SOVA, because it made such an excellent example.
It's been said that 'there is a time to seek, and a time to give up as lost', but again that's not your decision to make. Your idea of ridiculous is someone else's idealistic values. Your opionion is not paramount here.

SOVA has seriously lost it. They are an embarrasment to the Pokemon community to other communities and to Pokemon themselves, in my opinion.
Your opinion is not paramount here.

They will never admit that they were wrong and will always continue to dig themselves a hole because it is absolutely too late to admit defeat for them and to turn back - it would be hypocritical to do so, and they have cornered themselves. It's all just a joke at this point. When I began to realize that it was all a joke and that these people were just helpless, inexperienced, and irrational people who obviously were the dull knives in the drawer, I decided to quit wasting my time over people so pathetic. I believe that word describes the organization perfectly.
In what way were they 'wrong'? They simply wanted the old VAs back...please explain to me how that is inherently wrong. The rest of your paragraph is one big ad hominem attack. Using logical fallacies when debating is not a good idea.

You decided to quit wasting your time over people so pathetic...yet you make a huge post in here. Uh-huh. :dodgy:

But feel free to continue PTL and SOVA - it will just hurt more in the end when reality punches you in the face harder than you will have ever been hit in your lives. I have been fighting you all so that you never receive that punch, or at least not as hard, but it seems you chose to receive it.
Excuse me while I laugh at this post. :lol:

Reality is much more difficult that losing a cherished VA in an anime you love. People every day, including Pie, PTL, and the rest of SOVA may have to deal with situations that you never dreamed of. From what I've read, most of them realize that the decision to replace the VAs has been made at the corporate level, and there's nothing they can do about it. If they choose to continue petitioning PUSA, that is their choice.

*waits for standard SOVA supporter messages, followed by PTL quoting them and saying "I agree" to everything, followed by more ignorance, followed by the most cyclical cycle ever to exist on this planet*
No, that would be the water cycle, I think.

Actually, here's a question for you: what if PUSA doesn't replace the new VAs (yes, even Sarah stays)? Are you going to stop watching the anime in protest?

Guys, this isn't a SOVA thread. It's a thread about the new VA's. Now I know that both issues can overlap sometimes, but this isn't one of those times, so please try to keep this thread as on-track as possible.

Ok Dogasu to keep this on track of the new V.As discussion, I'll put the voices in order from best to worst.

1)May
2)Brock
3)Max
4)Meowth
5)Ash

Oops, sorry.

Jessie is better then Brock, but worse then May. James is better then Meowth, but worse then Max.

WPM....just go away. Your "secret Nintendo source" is the real joke here. Barb is right. If you're just here to mix up trouble, it isn't welcome. Arrogance can and will kick you in the balls VERY hard when your turn comes around, believe me, I know.

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

So, uh.......is it just me or does Anabel's assistant look a lot like Rod Stewart?

Yeah, I know.....but when I get something in my head like that I tend to shoot off. It didn't help that I had a run-in with all the Black Friday crap....I got assaulted by an old man in the middle of the mall. No joke. So I'm in a kind of sour mood right now.

On topic: I'm telling you, that guy looks like friggin' Rod Stewart :p And who didn't see Slaking Kong coming?

Well, now that this topic is back on track, I just want to reiterate the steps that the VAs need to take in order to be successful:

1. Understand the Character you are Portraying
2. Visual the Character
3. Become that Character

Also, find a voice adaquately portrays your character. In this case, the current set of VAs has not only the Japanese VAs to use for reference, but the previous VAs before them. Even so, they must find their own voices rather than trying to mimic the others. I think six of the seven main characters are up to standard. Problem is though, the character that doesn't meet those standards is Ash, the lead character, which is really problematic. Whether or not the current VA for Ash can meet these standards by the end of the day remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Am I the only person who likes Jessie and James' new dub voices?

I like Jessie's, but I can't say I care for James's.

I like them too. Even though I like Rachel Lillis' Jessie better than PUSA's Jessie, I really like PUSA's James more than Eric Stuart's James. So it sort of all balances out.

I've only seen the first seven episodes or so of the new season, though, so that may change as I watch more and more.

Also, mogoldmember brought up the whole "imitating the previous VA's" business. One thing I'd like to point out, which I don't think people have considered yet, is how much reference the new VA's have to work from. Sure, there are hundreds of episodes available for them to pull from, but do you really think they have access to all at? The voice actors are all adults, so the likelihood that they've been watching a children's show for years upon years isn't that high. Therefore, they likely only have what PUSA gives them. Personally, I'd be surprised if PUSA didn't give them only one episode and told them to "just go for it."

Not trying to make excuses here (because most of the new cast is really good), but I still thought it was something worth mulling over.

I've heard alot of people praise New Jessie Barb, so you aren't the only one.

New James has a certain charm to it, it's better then Stuart's (late Johto-AB).

Half true, Barb. I like Jessie's but I dislike James's. I've said this before, but it has too much of a snotty rich air about it for him.

Mogold hit the nail on the head with his three points. The only thing I can add is that becoming the character on its own is a great step, but to truly nail it you have to then insert yourself as the character into the situations described in the script, like Brock mauling Nurse Joy for example. If you get that down, you're set.

I think that some kind of standard needs to be laid down to keep people from being at each other's throats about Sarah. I'm willing to propose a deal: we will give her to an agreed point, say the episode "Ash vs. May! The Final Battle!" to get it right. If she gets it, great, we go on to DP as if nothing's happened. HOWEVER, there's a flip side to every deal: if she does not work up to an established level by that point, anyone who's agreed to the deal must support an effort to oust her for DP. To determine the cutoff point as well as the standard by which she will be judged, I propose we form a panel---me and Lisa (I know what you're thinking, but I really mean to go into this with a fair mind and I think Lisa will too), Habanuke (so someone who is more pro-Sarah comes in) and two "neutrals" chosen at random by those who volunteer.

Am I the only person who likes Jessie and James' new dub voices?
No not really ^^ I like Jessie's new Va. It comes pretty close to the originals, although Racheal was much better at certain things.

James on the other hand is tough. I just don't know o_O I like his new Va but not really =/ I prefer Eric's James, but without the annoyance that was in his latter seasons.

The Great Butler said:
I think that some kind of standard needs to be laid down to keep people from being at each other's throats about Sarah. I'm willing to propose a deal: we will give her to an agreed point, say the episode "Ash vs. May! The Final Battle!" to get it right. If she gets it, great, we go on to DP as if nothing's happened. HOWEVER, there's a flip side to every deal: if she does not work up to an established level by that point, anyone who's agreed to the deal must support an effort to oust her for DP. To determine the cutoff point as well as the standard by which she will be judged, I propose we form a panel---me and Lisa (I know what you're thinking, but I really mean to go into this with a fair mind and I think Lisa will too), Habanuke (so someone who is more pro-Sarah comes in) and two "neutrals" chosen at random by those who volunteer.

The problem is that by the time "Ash vs. May! The Final Battle!" airs, it will be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too late to affect the DP dub. Especially since the first five or so episodes of D/P are included with the 52-episode Season 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom