• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New WiFi Event - Ash's Pikachu

GameCodeTrainer

Warrior of 炎
Reaction score
Within a flyer at the McDonalds restaurants in Japan, there was a note indicating that a new Wi-Fi event is going to occur in Japan following the current Goon's Scizor Wi-Fi event. This event is based upon the Pikachu that has been owned by Ash since the animé started on April 1st 1997 and can be downloaded on all Generation IV Pokémon games. It is currently unknown what its details are. This event is set to begin on July 15th 2010 and it is not currently known what day the event ends

I'm really excited about this event :D I wonder if it'll come to the U.S.

Hopefully I won't miss this one too... though currently it's only for Japan so there's still time for this
I guess it'll be:
A male Pikachu
Know the following attacks: Thunderbolt / Iron Tail / Quick Attack / Volt Tackle
Have its original trainer as "Ash" (well, Satoshi for Japan)
It might hold some item but I'm not sure if there's an item that can fit it by the anime...
I wonder if it's just a nice Ash's Pika or if there's a chance for it to unlock anything in BW... probably just Ash's Pika with nothing special, but it's still cool

I wonder... it's impossible to make it so this Pika would refuse to evolve, right? too bad, it could be nice...
I can't think of anything else they can do to make it seem like Ash's Pika

I can't think of anything else they can do to make it seem like Ash's Pika

Well they could make you overuse it :p

I also don't see how they could prevent it from evolving, unless the Spikey Eared Pichu prevention method isn't unique to it and is denoted by a bit in every Pokémon's code or something.

I do wish that we got something different then Pikachu. Bloody thing has been given out several times as events if I remember correctly (and I mean the species).

Well they could make you overuse it :p

Actually, with HGSS, you can let it walk after you... so we'll be able to walk around with Ash's Pika after us, which would also make it go into battle immediately and not jump out of a ball (well... I still didn't play HGSS so I'm not sure, but I think the Poké that follows you go into battle immediately, right? like Pika in Yellow?)

I guess they'd also choose a nature that fits Ash's Pika, but I think there are a few that can fit it... I'll try to go over the list of natures soon and say what seems its likely nature to me

I also don't see how they could prevent it from evolving, unless the Spikey Eared Pichu prevention method isn't unique to it and is denoted by a bit in every Pokémon's code or something.

I think SEP could do it since it's counted as a different form, so it gets its own rules... if there was a different Pika "form" or something like that hidden in the game, people would probably find it already
Sadly, I think this Pika WILL be able to evolve... maybe it'll come with Everstone to hint to kids they shouldn't evolve it XD didn't they do it with PCP? (hopefully I won't miss this Pika like I missed PCP, the Pokéwalker routres given by now and the current Jirachi...)

I do wish that we got something different then Pikachu. Bloody thing has been given out several times as events if I remember correctly (and I mean the species).

Dawn's Piplup, I'm sure you desperately want it!
Male Piplup with Everstone, knowing BubbleBeam / Whirlpool / Hydro Pump / Peck (I guess it "forgot" Bide)

Ash's Pikachu event

Within a flyer at the McDonalds restaurants in Japan, there was a note indicating that a new Wi-Fi event is going to occur in Japan following the current Goon's Scizor Wi-Fi event. This event is based upon the Pikachu that has been owned by Ash since the animé started on April 1st 1997 and can be downloaded on all Generation IV Pokémon games. It is currently unknown what its details are. This event is set to begin on July 15th 2010

I think he can unlock a event in Pokemon Black White. May be a battle against Red?

Re: Ash's Pikachu

Will Goon's Scizor unlock an event?
I thought so.

No, I don't think it will.

I don't want a Pikachu that's been strong four regions over then nerfed in Sinnoh.

Jk, I wouldn't mind one, thought I don't think I'll use it... My Raichu gets the job done ten times over.

My predictions on this Pikachu:

Name: ピカチュウ (Pikachu)
OT: サトシ (Satoshi)
ID: 10715 (15th July 2010 in Japanese Date Order)
Ball: Cherish
Ribbon: Classic
Nature: Jolly
Moveset:
- Thunderbolt
- Quick Attack
- Volt Tackle
- Iron Tail

Unlocks: Nothing.

I wish Japan would get more useful events...Goon's Scizor and this Pikachu are pointless. Why not the missing PokéWalker courses: Shopping and Amity Meadow?

Last edited:

FAIL. ID's can only go up to 65535.

And if it has to do with the Gen.4 games, why would it unlock an event in Black and White?

The shiny Beasts have to do with the Gen IV games, and they unlock something in Black and White.

FAIL. ID's can only go up to 65535.

And if it has to do with the Gen.4 games, why would it unlock an event in Black and White?

Bit of courtesy would help, instead of sounding rude. Sorry I don't memorise all of the game's coding.

In that case, they could do the OT in British date order (15710) as even the American order would have to begin with a 7.

EDIT:
Wait...isn't Japanese Date order YY/MM/DD? So the ID would be 10715

Last edited:

The shiny Beasts have to do with the Gen IV games, and they unlock something in Black and White.

It's probably because the shiny Beasts are based on the 13th movie, which advertised Black and White. So, it's natural that they unlock something in B&W.

My predictions on this Pikachu:

Name: ピカチュウ (Pikachu)
OT: サトシ (Satoshi)
ID: 71510 (15th July 2010 in Japanese Date Order) Prolly something like 17777 (tons of sevens) or 40197 for the anime's start date.
Ball: Cherish If not a regular Poke Ball to correspond with the anime.
Ribbon: Classic
Nature: Jolly I was thinking a neutral nature, or a random one.
Moveset:
- Thunderbolt
- Quick Attack
- Volt Tackle
- Iron Tail

Unlocks: Nothing.

I wish Japan would get more useful events...Goon's Scizor and this Pikachu are pointless. Why not the missing PokéWalker courses: Shopping and Amity Meadow?

Also:
IVs: 31 in every stat

I want this one so badly simply because I want to pit it against my own Pikachu and laugh as I destroy it with Return/Light Ball. :3

Re: Ash's Pikachu event

I actually forgot about the Gender xD

Also, IVs will be randomly distributed, like with the Scizor event for example.

Wow, will they have an event for all the relevant characters? Will we see Dawn's Piplup?

Will Goon's Scizor unlock an event?
I thought so.

No, I don't think it will.

And Celebi does, so do the legendary dogs. Just because the Scyther owned by a one-time movie character won't doesn't mean that a Pikachu representing the franchise's mascot won't either.

Ash's Pikachu will have hax stats that reset themselves every time its traded to a new game containing a different region.

Last edited:

And Celebi does, so do the legendary dogs. Just because the Scizor owned by a one-time movie character won't doesn't mean that a Pikachu representing the franchise's mascot won't either.

Good for you.

Still doesn't change my opinion.

Thank you.

Oh and it is not movie related. Since older event Pokémon that were movie related opened events(Regigigas for Regis for example), this lowers this Pikachu opening anything in my eyes.

Hmm, I wonder if this event will come to the US.
Seems pretty cool.

Thanks.

Pikachu's OT will be 07150 - Judging from Scizor's OT.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom