• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New WiiWare game to be released this month: "Melee! Pokémon Scramble" to be released

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New WiiWare game to be released this month: "Melee! Pokémon Scramble" to be released ...

The official Pokémon site was updated today with information on a new game entitled 「乱戦!ポケモンスクランブル」 Melee! Pokémon Scramble. It is a new WiiWare game that will be available for download for 1500 points. It will be available to players of the Japanese Wii starting June 16.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New WiiWare game to be released this month: "Melee! Pokémon Scramble" to be relea

It is notable that the game seems to only feature Generation I and IV Pokémon. There definitely doesn't seem be a way to transfer critters from the DS games.

What I like about the WiiWare games is that they don't generate hype to the point where their advertising comes at the expense of the main series. Having said that, it is time an actual Wii game was released, so hopefully that can be expected after HeartGold and SoulSilver. It should be a Genius Sonority game based on the fact that they're working on a secret project.

Re: New WiiWare game to be released this month: "Melee! Pokémon Scramble" to be relea

Is it possible that this game refers to the "action" element that they wanted to add to the series?

lol mb. Damn it I wasted my points on Majora's Mask :( but worth it. :D

Yeah, Majora's Mask is awesome.

This game actually looks pretty intriguing. The price is pretty hefty for a WiiWare game, but hopefully the game will have enough content to justify it. I'm actually somewhat interested in downloading it when it comes out in two weeks.

It better have all 493 and not just stupid Kanto and SInnoh Pokemon.

Woah,NoA is way behind of schedule. They haven't even brought the Platinum update for Ranch here yet.

Interesting game, it's about time we have a Wii(Ware) spinoff(or a better WiiWare game than Ranch.) I'm sure they will at least include Gen II pokemon to advertise HGSS.

I'm sure they will at least include Gen II pokemon to advertise HGSS.
It seems like too big a coincidence that not even one Pokémon from the middle two generations was shown in the trailer and screenshots.

Then again, there isn't any reason why any particular group of critters should be deliberately excluded. Without so much as partial compatibility with the DS, this game isn't remotely like Colossseum, which didn't feature Generation I Pokémon not found in the Hoenn Dex so as to increase demand for FireRed and LeafGreen.

Is it possible that this game refers to the "action" element that they wanted to add to the series?
As much as I wouldn't mind this being the case, Masuda referred to adding an action element to "the game", as opposed to developing a game whose genre is action. He's never had a hand in any of the spin-off games, and while we don't know yet which company is working on Pokémon Scramble, it most certainly isn't Game Freak.

Last edited:

Looks likes it could be pretty fun. Weird gen gap, though... you'd think they'd market gen 2 more now with HG/SS.

(unless maybe they plan on releases expansions with Gen 2/3? Don't know if I like that idea.)

I can imagine the boss will probably be Arceus and I just have a slight feeling this game might be reased only in Japan

Woah,NoA is way behind of schedule. They haven't even brought the Platinum update for Ranch here yet.

NoA reps have said that they're not planning on ever releasing the Platinum update in any area outside of Japan.

NoA reps have said that they're not planning on ever releasing the Platinum update in any area outside of Japan.

Can you provide a link or something that says this? It's not that I don't think you are reliable; I just find it a very peculiar decision on their part and am interested in their justification for it.

In any case, this new game looks really fun. My boyfriend doesn't like RPGs, so maybe the two-player action element can get him into Pokémon more. ;)

I can imagine the boss will probably be Arceus and I just have a slight feeling this game might be reased only in Japan

Wha???? What makes you think that? I really hope they release this to America. If they aren't ever going to release the Platinum update out side of Japan, than they HAVE to give us this. If they don't ...:mad::boom::bawling:.

I just find it a very peculiar decision on their part and am interested in their justification for it.
Yeah, the only reason that I can come up with why they aren't bringing Platinum here is that there will be a update for Ranch when HGSS in the future or something. And I doubt it has anything to do with this game since this game is a 100% spin-off,meaning no compatibility.(Ranger is kind of an exception since it's one-sided anyway and is only transfering event via Mystery Gift.) Anyways, this game looks pretty epic compared to other WiiWare games. NoA better bring it here since it's not like it's Battrio where it's not on a videogame console rather an arcade game.

While I can not provide a link I can provide a quote! Keep in mind it doesn't say that they don't plan on doing it, it just isn't a priority.

A Nintendo email rep. said:
Hello Christopher,

We appreciate hearing about the types of products that you would like to see from us in the future. While there hasn't been an announcement concerning an update for My Pokemon Ranch to support Pokemon Platinum, you never know what the future holds! As the worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, and because of our history of pushing the limits of gameplay and design, you can always count on Nintendo offering the most imaginative products.

In the meantime, keep checking our website's "What’s New" section (http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) for the latest information and announcements.

Sincerely,

Alain Dao
Nintendo of America Inc.

Haha, that looks weirdly awesome. A one-part action and one-part fighting Pokémon game? Love it so much.

Although the evident lack of Gen 2 & 3 Pokémon is definetly weird.

...while we don't know yet which company is working on Pokémon Scramble, it most certainly isn't Game Freak.

Should be Ambrella, considering that Ranch's Mii-models are used.
Either way, I believe that it is given that there will be updates with Gen II and Gen III monsters. They do have the models, it would be a very simple job to update the game. Probably by the release of HG/SS, we would get to see Gen II.

I find it very weird that Gen III monsters are not directly present on the game though. Of course, as of now, the third Generation Pokemon are the most "outdated" ones, considering that RGB have been remade, and GSC are being remade. Only time will show of course.

The game seems pretty fun, although it is kind of awkward that staff toys are used instead of Pokemon, while we're living in a Pokemon world. :p

Looking forward to the game.

Should be Ambrella, considering that Ranch's Mii-models are used.
While Ambrella seems to be the most likely option, the use of the same models doesn't prove anything. The reason for this is that Ambrella used Creatures' 3D models for Hey You Pikachu!, Channel and Dash; Genius Sonority did the same for Colosseum, XD and Battle Revolution.

I don't think that that Ambrella designed the Mii-like models for Ranch, but I can't prove it due to the lack of documentation on this information. Even if the models were their creation, that wouldn't preclude another company from using them.

Either way, I believe that it is given that there will be updates with Gen II and Gen III monsters. They do have the models, it would be a very simple job to update the game. Probably by the release of HG/SS, we would get to see Gen II.
An upgrade will only be warranted if new features are planned to be added, as was the case with Ranch that added Platinum compatiblity (rather than just the models for the new forms). It is possible that Pokémon are being left out to make an upgrade seem more necessary, but from a developer's point of view, there has to be something else to justify it.

I find it very weird that Gen III monsters are not directly present on the game though. Of course, as of now, the third Generation Pokemon are the most "outdated" ones, considering that RGB have been remade, and GSC are being remade. Only time will show of course.
Emerald was released after FireRed and LeafGreen. Granted, it was not called a remake, but it did bring back the focus to Generation III critters. Of course, this isn't even relevant, since with the exception of the Pinball games and Puzzle Challenge, which were based on main games, the spin-off games don't adhere to the main series in any significant way. If you take Channel, for example, you can see that the game made used of Generaiton I and II Pokémon that weren't even playable in Ruby and Sapphire at the time.

Last edited:

An upgrade will only be warranted if new features are planned to be added, as was the case with Ranch that added Platinum compatiblity (rather than just the models for the new forms). It is possible that Pokémon are being left out to make an upgrade seem more necessary, but from a developer's point of view, there has to be something else to justify it.

Okay, Mr. Developer's eye. You seem to forget, however, that the Downloadable Content could cost some 3000 or 5000 Wii Points. It would be nice, of course, if more Stages were being added along with the new Pokemon in DLC. :-D

Emerald was released after FireRed and LeafGreen. Granted, it was not called a remake, but it did bring back the focus to Generation III critters. Of course, this isn't even relevant, since with the exception of the Pinball games and Puzzle Challenge, which were based on main games, the spin-off games don't adhere to the main series in any significant way. If you take Channel, for example, you can see that the game made used of Generaiton I and II Pokémon that weren't even playable in Ruby and Sapphire at the time.

Emerald is rather an enhanced rerelease of Ruby and Sapphire, than a game that makes Gen III seem closer. Sure, focus was turned to Generation III Pokemon, but this is not what I was talking about. The dual release of Ruby and Sapphire is the oldest among the other "active" Pokemon games releases (meaning Generation III games and on). Even without Emerald, anyone could just play Ruby and Sapphire, but without FireRed and LeafGreen, one wouldn't be able to get to use the Generation I monsters in the "active" games.

Either way, of course I'm not saying that this is the reason why they are left out, I'm just suggesting a quick possible explanation. Although from your side also, it is quite biased to use schemes so much. Get over already pal. Pokemon is not schemes and numbers, and there's surely no reason that justifies this hyperanalysis.

Although from your side also, it is quite biased to use schemes so much. Get over already pal. Pokemon is not schemes and numbers, and there's surely no reason that justifies this hyperanalysis.
Pardon? I only stated that not a single Pokémon from Generation II or III was shown in the footage. I didn't presume to understand why that is, but I strongly disagree that it has anything to do with the main series or that it is a desperate attempt to shell out more profit down the road (the Ranch upgrade was offered for free).

Consider yourself reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom