New XY trailer + Official Site Updates

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
Re: New XY trailer + Official Page Updates

So I am guessing Froakie might be Ash's main (and maybe only) starter this time. If so, that is great news. It is time to start hyping Ash finally having a fully evolved Water-type starter again.

Bonnie seems more interesting than Serena to me, judging by the video. I think she will be a really funny character. I am getting some nice vibes from Clemont as well and I hope he is more interesting than Brock and Cilan. Fortunately for him, that is not something hard to achieve. Serena, on other hand... I am still glad they changed her hair color, but as of now, she seems so bland and uninteresting. I admit I am hoping she is one of the original Kanto trainers, since she knows Ash from her childhood, but I know that is very unlikely to be the case. Also, Chespin and Fennekin are cute as always and Dedenne still looks ugly.

Reaction score
A sudden childhood friend appears. I can't help but think this is a reference to the FRLG as Serena looks a lot like Leaf.

I like the animation a lot. It's a big step up from Unova.

I can't handle how much hotter Ash has gotten

Last edited:
Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
GIOVANNI FINALLY GOT A DECENT OUTFIT!!

Reaction score
No more bright orange suits! Now if only he had his HGSS hat..

Huh?

{{HOENN INTENSIFIES}}
Reaction score
GIOVANNI LOOKS SO PRETEH AND SERENA KNOWS ASH AND BONNIES ADORABLE IM TOO EXCITED FOR THIS.

Electric Obsession
Reaction score
this is the best day of my life, clemont is the cutest little nerd, oh jesus christ

i've fallen and cant get up
Reaction score
Okay I'm just gonna put this theory out there.

Because Serena looks a lot like Leaf (their hats!!!!), it may be possible that she's one of the trainers that got either the charmander/bulbasaur at Oak's lab the day Ash left for his journey.

NOW I KNOW THEY SUPPOSEDLY QUIT but there's no rule that says you can't unquit.

Just saying.

You never know.

*slinks away into the mist*

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
Okay I'm just gonna put this theory out there.

Because Serena looks a lot like Leaf (their hats!!!!), it may be possible that she's one of the trainers that got either the charmander/bulbasaur at Oak's lab the day Ash left for his journey.

NOW I KNOW THEY SUPPOSEDLY QUIT but there's no rule that says you can't unquit.

Just saying.

You never know.

*slinks away into the mist*
She will debut Mega Evolutions for Kanto starters, calling it now!!!

Reaction score
I just noticed: The reporters are in the series so the movie is confirmed for canon. Or was it already?

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
I guess the reporters noticed Ash facing off a rampaging Garchomp on the tower?

Star Twinkle Hype!
Reaction score
Looks like Giovanni's finally learned to dress himself. Or hired a stylist. That suit is sharp.

Purgatorio
Reaction score
*Fangasm*
Oh Serena! You have just become my favorite character in the anime. So collected, so dreamy, so amazing *____*

Rainbows everywhere
Reaction score
Looks pretty nice. I'll give it a couple episodes, like I usually do with the anime.

Om nom watermellon
Reaction score
Oh man that trailer looks awesome. I had to rewatch it haha. The chespin and fennekin were adorable. Ash looks awesome now , especially when hes on the tower. That said apparently Ash now has a thing for falling off towers. Twice in one trailer? Im thinking its pretty much guaranteed at this point that Ash will get Froakie. Which im happy about because his evolution looks badass.

XY
Reaction score
I am in love with Serena
Also I'm kind of shipping her with Ash
The XY series is already better than BW (no I don't care it didn't even start yet for me it is already better)