• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New XY trailer + Official Site Updates

And this killed my hopes for Bonnie :(....she is pretty much Clemont's pokemon nanny lol.

Although at least this confirms that Clemont is older then 10, much older apparently.

Also Froakie <3 <3 <3!!!!!! Ash and Froakie confirmed :).

I'm thinking they each get one of the starters(Clemont: Chespin, Serena: Fenniken, Ash: Froakie).

I'm not the kind of person who say this stuff, but after looking at Ash, Giovanni, Jenny, Joy and Oak... The designs make the characters look pretty sexier. Seems an improvement since most characters in BW seemed more childish, and if you compare the artworks side by side, specially Oak's, it's obvious they all have longer bodies. I'm looking forward to all of this.

lCWj5WL.png

This is telling me that the retconnings of Ash's design are his eyes (although we already know that due to the BW flashbacks) and his tinier cheek birthmarks, while his sideburns are not a retcon, but him changing his hairstyle a little. I kind of wish if we had Ash, during a shot of him dressing for the new series, using a hairbrush over his ears or something.

I just noticed: The reporters are in the series so the movie is confirmed for canon. Or was it already?
Based on that logic, every movie is canon because Ash appears in them, and Ash is also in the TV series. In my opinion, every movie is canon, though, except for the Victini ones. The fact that they don't directly mention those events in the episodes is not different from... Well, remember when Ash scanned a Koffing with his Pokédex? That doesn't make James's Koffing non-canon, the same kind of thing goes for the movies.

When I saw the reporters, I inmediately searched for the third movie. The woman has a really similar voice, but I can't tell if it's the same seiyu.

This trailer is so weird. Some parts of it look like normal Pokémon stuff, and other parts look like a serious action shonen.

It's amazing though and I'm loving every single thing about it so far.

I just found out Serena knew Ash when they were just little kids, i wonder how the writers are going to handled this new series and it does appears that Ash might have all three of the Kalos starters.

-Pokemon XY Anime uses Main character past revealed
-Interest increases by 100%
-Its super efective
-WINALITY

well lets see the evolution of giovanni suit

Mafia guy suit-Militar suit-High boss of secret police
the new suit is really cool It remembers me the suit he has in HG/SS
I really hope he does something important

Starting to get really excited for this now. Looks like Ash is getting Froakie, and maybe only Froakie. Animation looks good for these eps and Ash looks more mature. The Companions seem to be interesting. Will it end up good? Only time will tell.

Honestly I'm so bored of Best wishes I can't wait for it to end and for this to begin.

I was excited for Best wishes a few years ago. That didn't turn out so well haha.

Well, when I saw the part with Serena and Ash all I could hear was the sound of the shippers stirring.

Looking forward to Clemont a lot actually, more than I thought I would be too. Also he did the anime glasses shine, we all knew it was coming.

Looks really good. Very much looking forwards to XY. I was really impressed with the trailer. Ash looks cool and I like the idea he may only get a single starter again. The battle with Garchomp looks pretty badass.

Last edited:
I can sum up my feelings in four words: Epic at its finest.

Seriously, they did a fantastic job. Just the trailer alone is enough to make me watch the XY anime. Bonnie and Clemont look great and seem to have really good personalities, Serena seems to be an old friend (and seems to have a crush on Ash), and the level of effort put into this is outstanding. I am very impressed by all this. XY looks way better than BW could ever be, and I feel strongly about the anime this time around. Now to wait for the anime to actually be released, which will be soon.

Starting to get really excited for this now. Looks like Ash is getting Froakie, and maybe only Froakie. Animation looks good for these eps and Ash looks more mature. The Companions seem to be interesting. Will it end up good? Only time will tell.

Honestly I'm so bored of Best wishes I can't wait for it to end and for this to begin.

I was excited for Best wishes a few years ago. That didn't turn out so well haha.

Well that's your opinion. BW series was the best.

He only has Froakie for now, but i do believe he might catch Chespin and Fennekin aswell.

So far this series is looking great. Atleast XY series won't be nothing like the DP series at all and that is a goodthing.

He only has Froakie for now, but i do believe he might catch Chespin and Fennekin aswell.

So far this series is looking great. Atleast XY series won't be nothing like the DP series at all and that is a goodthing.

Firstly, That's your opinion ( not shared by many). And you have no idea how this series could turn out, It could be very similar to DP. Or completely different. All we know to distinguish this series form BW and DP (and OS) is that he has 3 companions instead of 2.

I really really hope he doesn't catch all the starters again. That murdered the rotation and screen time of Ash's pokes in BW

Can we please stop talking about Best Wishes if you what to talk about Best Wishes then go to a different form and let's try to stay on topic ok?

I read from a website that Bonnie is looking for someone to marry Clemont or something.

Over a week ago, I was like "Imagine Bonnie is the one telling everyone 'OH YOU TWO LOOK CUTE TOGETHER NOW KISS!'. It would be funny coming from a little girl." and now it's actually happening...

Firstly, That's your opinion ( not shared by many). And you have no idea how this series could turn out, It could be very similar to DP. Or completely different. All we know to distinguish this series form BW and DP (and OS) is that he has 3 companions instead of 2.

I really really hope he doesn't catch all the starters again. That murdered the rotation and screen time of Ash's pokes in BW

Well your opinion isn't shared by many either. I don't think this series will be anything like the DP series and that is fine by me.

I really do hope he get's all three of the starters again, since his team will be more interesting.

Chespins faical reaction was priceless. he must have a sixth sence for detecting the evilz

Okay seriously, stop bringing up your feelings about BW here and in this section in general. I'm honestly sick and tired of putting up warnings to stop discussing ones feelings regarding BW. This is the third time I've had to do it and this is the last straw. If this happens again, I won't even bother to give an in-thread warning, but just go straight to giving out infractions. BW has nothing to do with this topic and there are a ton of threads to discuss it in the main section. Just drop any discussion of BW in this thread and this section right now. Thank you.

Anyway, I really liked the trailer. The animation still looks pretty cool and has some good action with Garchomp attacking and Ash falling off a building. Serena does look a lot better in the anime than in her official artwork and I do hope that she won't end up with a crush on Ash. I really like the idea that she could be one of the other two trainers from Pallet Town that quit. She could have had to move with her family to Kalos and decided to try again there. That's probably not going to happen, but it sounds cool. Bonnie and Clemont look like fun characters and that's is a different reason for Ash to not battle Clemont than I thought that they would. Still, hopefully they will be fun and have some decent development. It definitely seems that Ash will get Froakie and Serena will most likely get Fennekin. I could still see Ash getting Chespin. I don't think Bonnie will get her own Pokemon and I don't think that Clemont would be interested in getting it either. The new designs for Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny are decent and Giovanni's new design is okay too.

Last edited:
This has to be good considering ash is put into mortal danger in the first 2 episodes. Kind of dissapointed froakie is stealing Chespin's spotlight but if things go well serena will pick it and it will be the new and better axew.

Since Ash got Froakie, then i can see him getting Fennekin and Chespin. Bonnie look like an decent character that won't be annoying like Max was durng the AG series.

I'm not really a fan of the new designs for Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy, i felt that their OS designs were much better.

Giovanni new look is okay and not too bad.

XY looks fairly promising and I'm looking forward, especially what sort of chemistry this new group of four will bring. Ash, Brock, May and Max had good chemistry in AG and I'm looking forward to see how Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie will work. I'm particularly interested in Ash's past with Serena but it all depends if Ash remembers her which I don't think he will.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom