• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New XY trailer + Official Site Updates

Re: New XY trailer + Official Page Updates

So I am guessing Froakie might be Ash's main (and maybe only) starter this time. If so, that is great news. It is time to start hyping Ash finally having a fully evolved Water-type starter again.

Bonnie seems more interesting than Serena to me, judging by the video. I think she will be a really funny character. I am getting some nice vibes from Clemont as well and I hope he is more interesting than Brock and Cilan. Fortunately for him, that is not something hard to achieve. Serena, on other hand... I am still glad they changed her hair color, but as of now, she seems so bland and uninteresting. I admit I am hoping she is one of the original Kanto trainers, since she knows Ash from her childhood, but I know that is very unlikely to be the case. Also, Chespin and Fennekin are cute as always and Dedenne still looks ugly.

A sudden childhood friend appears. I can't help but think this is a reference to the FRLG as Serena looks a lot like Leaf.

I like the animation a lot. It's a big step up from Unova.

I can't handle how much hotter Ash has gotten

Last edited:
GIOVANNI FINALLY GOT A DECENT OUTFIT!!

tumblr_mtdcaohhm41r2iinvo1_500.png

this is the best day of my life, clemont is the cutest little nerd, oh jesus christ

Okay I'm just gonna put this theory out there.

Because Serena looks a lot like Leaf (their hats!!!!), it may be possible that she's one of the trainers that got either the charmander/bulbasaur at Oak's lab the day Ash left for his journey.

NOW I KNOW THEY SUPPOSEDLY QUIT but there's no rule that says you can't unquit.

Just saying.

You never know.

*slinks away into the mist*

Okay I'm just gonna put this theory out there.

Because Serena looks a lot like Leaf (their hats!!!!), it may be possible that she's one of the trainers that got either the charmander/bulbasaur at Oak's lab the day Ash left for his journey.

NOW I KNOW THEY SUPPOSEDLY QUIT but there's no rule that says you can't unquit.

Just saying.

You never know.

*slinks away into the mist*
She will debut Mega Evolutions for Kanto starters, calling it now!!!

I just noticed: The reporters are in the series so the movie is confirmed for canon. Or was it already?

I guess the reporters noticed Ash facing off a rampaging Garchomp on the tower?

Looks like Giovanni's finally learned to dress himself. Or hired a stylist. That suit is sharp.

*Fangasm*
Oh Serena! You have just become my favorite character in the anime. So collected, so dreamy, so amazing *____*

Looks pretty nice. I'll give it a couple episodes, like I usually do with the anime.

Oh man that trailer looks awesome. I had to rewatch it haha. The chespin and fennekin were adorable. Ash looks awesome now , especially when hes on the tower. That said apparently Ash now has a thing for falling off towers. Twice in one trailer? Im thinking its pretty much guaranteed at this point that Ash will get Froakie. Which im happy about because his evolution looks badass.

I am in love with Serena
Also I'm kind of shipping her with Ash
The XY series is already better than BW (no I don't care it didn't even start yet for me it is already better)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom