• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New XY trailer + Official Site Updates

Oh this looks great, I'm really excited! Bonnie and Clemont look adorable, hopefully they will be funny and great friends for Ash. Love all the new designs!

I can sum up my feelings in four words: Epic at its finest.

Seriously, they did a fantastic job. Just the trailer alone is enough to make me watch the XY anime. Bonnie and Clemont look great and seem to have really good personalities, Serena seems to be an old friend (and seems to have a crush on Ash), and the level of effort put into this is outstanding. I am very impressed by all this. XY looks way better than BW could ever be, and I feel strongly about the anime this time around. Now to wait for the anime to actually be released, which will be soon.

A trailer like this is just what was needed to hype up the XY saga. Ash seems competent while still retaining elements of his fun personality from BW, and all of the new characters are brimming with personality. It will be interesting to see Ash and Serena interact, especially given the revelation that they were childhood sweethearts friends.

It's also nice to see that the series is starting with a bang, judging by how out of control that Garchomp is. I really feel that the writers may be upping their game with this saga, but hopefully the standards remain high for the duration of the series.

Preview is alright. So Ash finally arrives to land of fine cuisine, profined fashion and romance which is nurtured with passion.

Introduction to Clemont and Bonnie happened under dangerous circumstances but it adds abit susoense iu guess. Clemont looks much better than he was in official artwork and i knew his passion for technology will come in handy. That stetching arm i presume was used to save Ash and Pikachu.
Bonnie seems cheerful, vivid and full of energy and her quest of finding her brother proper wife sounds at same time disturbing, but intriguing too. I imagine their relationship will be trippy leading to typical brother-sister arguing, humor and close bond enriching group chemistry.

Serena looks better than in official artwork and im glad because she seems more bright and lively this way. Interesting to find out she is Ash childhood friend enriching our hero storyline giving him more substance. About time we learn something about his past, previous experiences which molded character and adventures he went through in outskirts of Pallet.

All in all looking forward to start of XY series.

EDIT: Anyone noticed Ash is falling from building two times in a row?

Okay I'm just gonna put this theory out there.

Because Serena looks a lot like Leaf (their hats!!!!), it may be possible that she's one of the trainers that got either the charmander/bulbasaur at Oak's lab the day Ash left for his journey.

NOW I KNOW THEY SUPPOSEDLY QUIT but there's no rule that says you can't unquit.

Just saying.

You never know.

*slinks away into the mist*
Serena is a new trainer. They said this on Pokemon Smash.

Huh?

tumblr_mtde9uajHW1r2w685o1_500.png

So... reused designs, or reporters stalking Ash all the way from Kanto?

As for Serena, I'm hoping she has some reason besides a crush or something that's basically a crush to go seeking out Ash. This show does not need to feed the shippers.

I'm actually curious about that reporter. Will she be a recurring character? Also, Citron sounds exactly like Dent in terms of voice but I do like Eureka and Serena's voices.

I noticed in the Fennekin part there is female-ish voice speaking yet Serena and Bonnie aren't talking at all so... at first I was like "wtf is Fennekin talking?!" but that's probably the Pokédex or something lmao

Move over, Worst Wishes. The XY anime is about to kick ass and take names. The animation is superb in this trailer. I hope they can keep it up, but I won't be surprised (or disappointed) if it doesn't.

Anyway, I have high hopes for this cast. I told myself I wouldn't get high expectations, but it's kind of hard to now. I'm really interested in the fact that Serena knows Ash. I hope it's something more than just "I saw him on TV once. :B!!!"

She's Ash's (retconned) childhood friend.

It looks fine, I'm glad with the scenes and movie-quality animation.I don't know about the entire series, but I'll watch the premiere for sure.

I noticed in the Fennekin part there is female-ish voice speaking yet Serena and Bonnie aren't talking at all so... at first I was like "wtf is Fennekin talking?!" but that's probably the Pokédex or something lmao

Maybe the second professor?

If I were an anime character, the word *excitement* would be floating all around me. My fucking Arceus, it's going to be amazing! so Satoshi has a retconned childhood friend and he Took a Level in Badass? Best preview ever.

Is it too much to ask for ash to bring back his gible after seeing the epicness of berserk garchomp? I would honestly lol if the only reason the whole subplot happened was because he learned outrage and got carried away.

They are really jumping on the ashxserena ship, couldn't even wait for the eps to air.

Also chespin is a glutton- OSHA2 CONFIRMD

It's not really a retcon, imo. We don't know that much about Ash's past, there could have easily been a point where he briefly knew Serena but she had to move to Kalos. And he probably left a big impression or something.

OH, please let this mean there will be another episode or two where Giovanni steps up in that sexy new outfit!!

And I wonder what could be happening to get so much news coverage (the most EVER at that!)

Though let's not get too excited though. BW had a good start too, and look how THAT turned out...

Last edited:
It's not really a retcon, imo. We don't know that much about Ash's past, there could have easily been a point where he briefly knew Serena but she had to move to Kalos. And he probably left a big impression or something.
Yeah, I guess you're right. Really, do we know anything at all about his childhood? I can't believe I'm so excited about this :D

Yeah, I guess you're right. Really, do we know anything at all about his childhood? I can't believe I'm so excited about this :D

we know his dad was ho-oh

but seriously no, i think we hardly know anything. the only clips of him as a kid have been of him watching people battle and being impressed by it. i could be wrong, my memory sucks, so someone, correct me please.

I can sum up my feelings in four words: Epic at its finest.

Seriously, they did a fantastic job. Just the trailer alone is enough to make me watch the XY anime. Bonnie and Clemont look great and seem to have really good personalities, Serena seems to be an old friend (and seems to have a crush on Ash), and the level of effort put into this is outstanding. I am very impressed by all this. XY looks way better than BW could ever be, and I feel strongly about the anime this time around. Now to wait for the anime to actually be released, which will be soon.

I am in love with Serena
Also I'm kind of shipping her with Ash
The XY series is already better than BW (no I don't care it didn't even start yet for me it is already better)

I wouldn't say XY series is much better then the BW series (BW was an interesting series so far, but the XY series is looking more interesting with each preview.)

but seriously no, i think we hardly know anything. the only clips of him as a kid have been of him watching people battle and being impressed by it. i could be wrong, my memory sucks, so someone, correct me please.

The only scenes I recall are...

- Picture in the Entei Movie
- Meeting Gary and catching Magikarp seen in the Johto League
- Watching movies seen in the Camerupt Episode.

The only scenes I recall are...

- Picture in the Entei Movie
- Meeting Gary and catching Magikarp seen in the Johto League
- Watching movies seen in the Camerupt Episode.
And him looking at a Rapidash in a DP episode. It's nothing significant, though.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom