Story Event: New Year and New Friends
This event, which originally ran from January 1st to 18th, 2021, features Volkner and Sabrina, dressed in fancy New Year's attire. Players will be able to battle in Daily Extreme Battles against Flint and Barry and two rounds of a Battle Challenge against Lance. The event is available in-game now, and will be running until January 17th, at 9:59pm (PST). While participating in event battles, players will be able to earn New Year Ticket B and New Year Ticket B+, which can be exchanged for a variety of valuable rewards, including 5★ Scout Tickets, and Move Candy Coins. Players can also obtain Event Medals and Gems for completing special missions during the event. All rewards can be claimed even if players have previously completed the event during its original run.
- Volkner (New Year's 2022) & Electivire, Sabrina (New Year's 2022) & Chingling:+60% (x1.6) bonus rewards
- Lisia (New Year's 2023) & Rapidash, Dawn (New Year's 2023) & Oricorio, Lance (New Year's 2021) & Gyarados, Lillie (New Year's 2021) & Ribombee, Sygna Suit Elesa & Rotom: +40% (x1.4) bonus rewards
- All other Electric-type and Psychic-type sync pairs : +20% (x1.2) bonus rewards
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- The number of plays available for Daily Extreme Battle 1 are reset every day at 11:00pm (PT).
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- All mission completion rewards must be claimed within three days of the mission period ending.
- Leftover New Year Ticket B and New Year Ticket B+ items will be automatically converted to coins at a rate of 10 coins per item at the end of the event, and sent to players' Present Boxes.
The Super Spotlight Seasonal Scout, Seasonal Tiered Scout, and Seasonal Featured Ticket Scout offer players an opportunity to scout the featured sync pairs from the New Year and New Friends story event, along with other past New Year's Seasonal Sync pairs.
- Volkner (New Year's 2022) & Electivire
- Sabrina (New Year's 2022) & Chingling
- Lance (New Year's 2021) & Gyarados
- Lillie (New Year's 2021) & Ribombee
The Super Spotlight Seasonal Scout includes a daily discount, where players can perform a single scout for x100 paid gems. This daily discount can be used up to 3 times per day during the entire length of the scout.
The Seasonal Tiered Scout has five tiers, each of which is a Sync Pair Scout ×11. Players are able to scout once on each tier by using Paid Gems, with the amount of gems increasing with each tier. Additionally, Tiers 2 through 5 grant the player additional in-game rewards.
- Tier 1: 1,000 Paid Gems
- Tier 2: 1,500 Paid Gems - 5★ Power-Ups ×3
- Tier 3: 2,000 Paid Gems - 5★ Great Scout Ticket N, which can be used in the Seasonal Featured Ticket Scout.
- Tier 4: 2,500 Paid Gems - 5★ Power-Ups ×7
- Tier 5: 3,000 Paid Gems - Player's choice of 5★ Sync Pairs from those included in the scout
Until February 5th, at 9:59pm (PST), the Champion Stadium is rotating around to Johto, giving Trainers the opportunity to challenge the Indigo Plateau Elite Four members from Generations II and IV - Will, Koga, Bruno, and Karen, as well as Champion Lance. Successful Trainers will gain access to Master Mode, which allows players to face more challenging battles against the Elite Four, an in-game badge that signifies their accomplishment, and other special reward items including Champion Spirit, which can be used to raise sync pairs up to 6★ EX.
To participate in the Champion Stadium, Trainers must have completed Main Story Chapter 10: A Reason to Battle (Normal) in single-player.