• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review New Years Pokemon Special 2013

Huh movie news. I hope its something proper instead of a recap, but who am I kidding its always that. The N trailer, now that I hope is 'new' new and not.........'old' new.

Just a reminder that this starts in 30 minutes for those able to watch.

So they showed us the beginning of an episode, when N meets Ash. Before, N was in a laboratory and saw some stuff about Genesect on the broken computer. Then a trailer, we saw Akuroma speaking to Gethis, Gethis was an hollogram.

Huh, Meguroco bridge is supposed to be funny? What's with lack of Hoenn and Haruka? Showing half of an unaired episode? So many questions...

Iris looks great in traditional japanese clothes.

Yeah, I question the producers sense of humor is most of that is supposed to be funny.

And only one Rocket clip? Pft. I guess they got enough time in the 15th anniversary special.

Did the New Years special show any new movie details or is it still going on?

The special ended about an hour and a half ago. It was only 30 minutes long, same as a regular episode.

And no, it didn't tell us anything new about the movie.

The special ended about an hour and a half ago. It was only 30 minutes long, same as a regular episode.

And no, it didn't tell us anything new about the movie.

Well, then, can you please tell us what new stuff was revealed, Dogasu?

Scizorhands said:
Well, then, can you please tell us what new stuff was revealed, Dogasu?

I would if they had actually revealed anything new. The only "new" thing about this New Years Special was the clip from BW 110, and even that didn't really tell us much of anything we didn't already know.

Wow, how weird and disapointing. They do know how many people want to see if Ash is going to beat the guy in the league and move forward right? What a random time for a clip show and honestly it makes no sense at this point showing all those old clips from Kanto to now, unless older charcters are going to join up with Ash again. Its just going to leave new viewers confused cuz they've never seen any of this and only been watching the BW series.

What a random time for a clip show

Random? It's the New Years Special. It would make less sense for it to come after the League conclusion when it's been over a week since New Years.

Not only that, but it wasn't even in the show's usual time slot. No chance of anyone new getting confused when it was just an assortment of "funny" clips from over the years.

How would they even go about dubbing a clip show nowadays. Or was it just clips of BW episodes. Do they even own the rights to episodes dubbed by 4kids? Not to incorporated 4kids dubs, because that'd be terrible, but to even redub scenes originally from 4kids episodes. Not that there was ever an interest in dubbed clip episodes, but how would that even happen with a cross-generational clip show.

TPCI has the rights to the 4Kids stuff. They used the clip of Maddie Blaustein singing "Gotta Dance" in that one Battle Frontier episode and used "Double Trouble'' in that one DP Battle Dimension episode. They've also recycled 4Kids pokemon cries in the past.

And then there's the Kanto DVD boxsets, which TPCI released after 4Kids lost the rights to the series. They also host older 4Kids episodes on their website.

I think it's pretty safe to say that TPCI could legally do a clip show featuring clips from 4Kids episodes if they wanted.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom