• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Year’s Resolutions

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Here we are in a new year. What are your New Year’s resolutions?
One of mine is to not bounce around so much between story projects. Focus on one for now since I feel I am not experienced enough to work on multiple projects at the same time like some members here can.

Getting a driver's license so I can get my other goals for the year done. Also to say no to my brother and his wife in regards to letting them leave their dogs at my house more often, because I will be focusing on accomplishing my goals first and foremost.

• Being able to control my emotions better
  • Finding a new apartment (I don't get my hopes up, but we never know)
  • Travel outside of my country, though I'd need to figure out how the whole "change currency according to the country in question" works first.

I wouldn't say necessarily these are resolutions for 2024, it's more of a "theme" that I been trying to focus on for 2024 in hopes I can get my habits in the better direction.

My theme for 2024 is "Year of Less." Basically what that means for me is trying to cut down on consumption and just being content with less. With that being said, each season does focus on different aspects of "Year of Less."

First Quarter of 2024 focuses more on my food consumption. I'm not liking where I'm going healthwise and aside from trying more exercise, I think I can make the biggest impact by consuming less calories. This would start by halving the amount of what I "normally" eat for first consumption. (Of course, I'm also careful to make sure I have enough). I'm not gonna worry too much about being picky on the types of food, just focus on eating less of what I normally eat first. I don't have a specific health goal in mind or weight loss/muscle mass gain in mind, I just want to create better consumption habit that goes into by body and part of that is how much I consume. Even an overall decrease by 10% works if I can make it a long term habit.

Second quarter for me focuses less on spending. Relating to the first but what tends to happen to me that I don't like is I tend to spend extra money on things that I don't even use or consume too much of. I feel this will give me an opportunity to look at my spending habits and see how I can save even $50/month in the long term. I'm not poor by any means but it's something for me to be more mindful of.

Second half of the year, honestly, I don't know how to put it in words, I want to focus on "less on new" and more of using things that I already have. IN particular, I have this bike in 2020 that I want to get more use out of and I figure that I should use the bike more when the summer comes. Another one I have in mind is "Season of less clutter" meaning that I need to find ways to clean up and maintain better habits of respecting my space more.

The goals for my themes isn't really to have a specific goal in mind; it's a chance for to incorporate better habits in the long term, even if my habits that are a little better than of this time of posting. And this year, I want to focus on habitually with "less."

my resolutions are to continue improving my japanese language ability (hopefully to at least a proper n3 level, or somewhere near n2), read at least 30-35 new books, try to write more, and make my neocities site something i really love!

Back
Top Bottom