• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview New Years Special: Also Gather in 2018, Pokemon Fans! 2-Hour Special!!

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
The New Years special for this year will be a repeat of M18 and it will air at 7:05 PM, on the 28th of December, before SM056.

Last year we got preview clips for the Totem and Hala's Grand Trial episodes, didn't we? I hope there's exciting stuff for this January too.

Here is a summary for the episode, which Dephender translated.

We are going to air a TV special where you'll get to see both the movie that became a blockbuster in 2015, Pokémon the Movie XY - "The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa", and its co-feature, "Pikachu and the Pokémon Band", together!

And we won't just show the movies, we'll also have lots of information on the TV anime series "Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon"! We'll of course show you funny scenes from the episodes that have aired thus far, but also wonderful clips from material scheduled to be shown next year! Everything will be brought to you from the living room of "Meet Up at the Pokémon House?"! And of course, the Pokénchi residents will be present as well. Make sure not to miss this special!!

Airdate/time:
Thursday December 28th, 7:05am to 9am
*This special will also air on TV Hokkaido, TV Osaka and TV Setouchi

Hosts:
Shoko Nakagawa, Hyadain, Abareru-kun and Rinka Otani

So if they're showing the movie and its special... they could have shown any movie. And yet... they chose this one. WHY?!?!?!

Anyway, here's hoping for a decent 3 minutes of preview footage - after all, that's what we're all here for.

So if they're showing the movie and its special... they could have shown any movie. And yet... they chose this one. WHY?!?!?!

Anyway, here's hoping for a decent 3 minutes of preview footage - after all, that's what we're all here for.

Because you can find all of the Legendary Pokémon featured in the movie in the newest Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon. "Please go buy our games right after this broadcast."

Good to know they consider Hoopa and the Clash of Ages a blockbuster. And I hope there are some Ultra Beasts in the clip showing scenes from the next batch of episodes. Writers, I beg of you, no Rainbow Rocket please. That was an embarrassment even in the source material.

"Blockbuster."

F**k off lads, didn't the movie do terrible at the box office?

My wild and crazy prediction for this event that has 0 reasoning behind it and a very small possibility of happening: another old character cameo will be announced. My guess is Haruka and Masato bc chronology but it could be just about anyone.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom