• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Newfound Academy (The Beginning) Start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's the name of some jerk in a famous manga series about ninjas. At least there's others in the manga that aren't jerks," Saki replied to Tyler.

"He's a jerk but at least he's a sexy one," Suki said. "You're just noticing our last name?"

"Lahia Leastral." She introduced herself to the teacher. Allegro was in his pokeball because Lahia thought it would be too hyper to stay still in class.

Severin noticed the trainer that beat him the other day wave at him. Severin, on the other hand, paid no mind. That trainer was the enemy, to him. Poicasso was in his pokeball. Severin needed to put down some law around his pokemon. He'd still love on his Pokemon, just not as often.

He gave a sigh, then a yawn. He still sat mannerable, just a bit more relaxed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." James nodded with a smile. "We'll then, into business, shall we?" He remarked, taking off his reading glasses and putting the on his chest pocket.

"Let's start off with the basics, what is science? Can anyone explain the concept of science to me?" James asked the class while he walked around the classroom at a slow pace, his mind trying to associate their faces with their names.

OOC: Sorry about the absence, computer's in the shop atm and couldn't log in from my laptop, can log in now.

"I am Maddie Ferguson" Maddie simply introduced herself, once again she had come in quietly and sat near the back, she suppose she should actually meet the other students, but just hadn't gotten to it yet.

"What he said, basically trying to find out what makes stuff in the world tick." Lahia said to the teacher.

"Good, good." James replied. "In a nutshell, science is the study of how things work around us, be it the stars, the earth, other beings, or even ourselves. It can also go from the smallest of atoms and molecules, to the biggest of bodies." He continued explaining to the students, his hands behind his back as he paced around quietly. "Now, when you think of 'science', what's the first thing that comes to mind?" James then asked as part of his class curriculum.

"Rocket Science," Abby said in an unamused tone of voice.

"The examination of various Pokemon attacks, and Pokemon themselves." Severin had answered with asigh, as everyone else gave vague descriptions of the definition of science. "Yeah, I'm gonna be held back a bit with THESE geniuses..." Severin thought reluctantly, knowing the instructor was really testing the student's know-how of science.

"Hrm..." James muttered while analyzing the various responses from the students. He simply nodded. "Those are all good and reasonable answers." With a few more steps, he picked up a black marker and began writing something on the board. After a couple of seconds, three quotes were found written: "Give me a place to stand, and I shall move the world", "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding", and "Philosophy is written in that great book which ever lies before our eyes — I mean the universe — but we cannot understand it if we do not first learn the language and grasp the symbols, in which it is written". With a sigh, James smiled before turning to the class. "Anyone know who I'm quoting here?" The next question arose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom