• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Newfound Academy (The Beginning) Start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Indeed, Archimedes. Very good, Suki." James smiled. "Any clue what this quote means, what is it's purpose?"

"Good, good. It's more along the lines of, one does not need power, fame or money to be able to achieve something big, but a place to stand your ground and defend what is yours, what you want, what you believe in." The professor smiled at Suki before facing Tyler.

"Indeed, that when someone cannot grasp the concept of something, one cannot try to achieve it, therefore acquiring the knowledge about peace, a state in which there's no conflict but understanding and harmony, would allow someone to enforce this unto his or her environment and into others. Who would we be quoting in this second marvelous phrase?"

Maddie just remained quiet, scribbling down notes as the teacher talked, a couple times she almost zoned off in thinking of a piece for her story, but snapping out of it when she remembered she was in class, she had to focus, so she wrote down the notes as a way to keep herself focused and update with what they were talking about.

Animus meanwhile had slowly and surely snuck into the classroom, hoping to not avoid the teacher's wrath. He cursed his luck in his mind with all of his strength, in a slight state of disbelief he was late to 5 of his classes.

He was not giving a good first impression to the faculty, that much is clear.

Lahia lightly bit her lips, she didn't really knew who were the people who said these." I feel like a dumb blond, maybe I should start hitting the books some more.." she thought.

James ignored Animus in the back; It was barely the second day of school, although he made a mental note to ask for his name. Looking around, he gave a small laugh to himself. "No one? Well, it doesn't matter, I don't expect you all to know these things the first class. Although, that's my job here: To make sure that, after the end of the school year, you all have the ability to know, understand and be able to analyze those things around you, be it science or otherwise." The professor smiled across the room. He then looked at the board and nodded. "The second man I'm quoting here would be Albert Einstein, whom you've probably heard of before. As for the third person, Galileo Galilei, another important person in our society''s history."

"You mean the astronomer who discovered Jupiter and got in trouble with the Church for it?" Animus asked, then cursed himself for bringing attention to himself.

"And not only that, but invented the telescope along with it." James smiled towards Animus. "I don't think I have gotten your name, may you tell me?" He said soothingly, curious at the comment and who said it.

Animus sighed and got up. "I'm Animus Celestecuerpo, sir." He said, then bowed to him as a sign of politeness. "Please to make your acquaintance."

James smiled out of amusement, bowing his head back in response. "Pleasure to meet you, Animus." He retorted. As he looked back at the board, a loud ringing could be heard in the background: The class has ended.

"Well, it seems we're done for today. Reflect on what you've read and heard today, and we'll see again soon. Class dismissed."

Animus hung his head and walked out. "God, I am doing horrible for the past couple of days..." He sighed out, depression lacing his words.

Maddie had happened to be walking behind Animus before hearing what he said. "I am sure you will do okay, it's the first day so nobody's expecting you to ace tests" Maddie said to him from behind, she had felt like she didn't get to contribute to that class herself, it wasn't her strong suit despite being smart.

The final class of the day was Arielle Sanders. The students were expected to go outside, near the entrance of Mt. Mortar. She stood anxiously as she awaited her students.

" ...Great.." Lahia thought with displeasure cause she knew it was gonna be more hot than usual. She partially wished that she had her own Pokeball she could return to like Allegro.

Severin, making his way to the final class of the day, made him more anxious about getting to training with Ms. Windrunner. "I don't know she'd pick me, but I still get training from an experienced trainer... I'll see what happens." He thought this to himself as he reached the designated spot, where Ms. Sanders was standing.

He simply greeted her, and stood waiting for the class to start after rolling up his sleeves.

'Why Mount Mortar of all places? The place is a semi-active volcano.' Animus asked mentally as he put a bandanna over his face to prevent himself from inhaling ash, Go-Goggles for eye protection, and a hat to keep the volcanic ash that showers the area periodically out of his hair.

Last edited:
Yuki made it to Mt. Mortor with Salem resting on his shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom