• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Newfound Academy (Third time is a charm?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zephyr went red at the compliment. No one had ever told him that he had nice eyes, well maybe except for family but they didn't count. It was definitely new for him.

```````````

"Nervous?" Scholar asked Serenity.

Thomas could easily tell that this girl was feeling overwhelmed by the sheer influx of people trying to talk to her, though it wasn't the easiest situation to resolve., especially considering having little personal experience to use for reference. Sighing softly, he moved his glove-adorned hands to rest in his pockets as he spoke.

"Sorry. Had I known these two had a similar idea I'd have waited to approach you. Ironically, I was actually intending to compliment your eyes myself . "

Hearing Thomas speak, Luna turned to him and smiled softly.

"Thank you," she replied before looking back at Zephyr. "Are you alright?"

---------------------------------

"I always am. Don't want any fights or chaos going on." Serenity chuckled softly as she kissed her lover.

Brad snickered. "Kidding. I know what kind of school this is." He turned to Alma after Richard spoke.

"Hi, I'm Brad. I'm his" Brad pointed to Richard. "Best friend."

Diarmuid entered the auditorium with the crowd of other students, his eyes scanning about just like most of them as they studied their new environment. He looked at the letter he received, specifically at the mention of him being selected for the Fire House. "Fire....hot." he said to himself looking up with a smile. It seemed everyone was taking their own seats as they saw fit. Some sat alone, others sat in groups while some groups hovered around one area. Dia didn't have anyone he knew specifically, being from Unova unlike most of the others or so he thought. The only face he recognized was Lance in the previous hallway, who was from Blackthorn City and the same city he was staying at before getting accepted into Newfound.

Dia stepped forward away from the entrance, trying to find a seat for himself. Looking up, it seemed it was about time for the orientation to start. As he walked down past some seats, his eyes glanced over at the faculty on the far side of the room, waiting for everyone to get settled. Most of them seemed to be seated except one was standing up by a door. It didn't take long for him to find a decent area to sit that suited him. He found a single seat next to a girl that didn't seem to be with anyone like him, not to mention she seemed restless in her seat. By looking at her red shoes swinging about, he couldn't tell if she was nervous or excited. He moved next to the seat, sitting down quickly. "Sorry. Hope you don't mind if I sit here. I can't deal with all the other groups and whatnot." he explained. His yellow eyes looked over to her to get a better look as he adjusted his tie. Her bright red hair made him wonder if she was in Fire House, as if she wasn't, it'd be a shock.

Lulu looked up in surprise when he spoke and smiled brightly at Dia. "Oh, no, of course not. I was kinda lonely, so thank you, actually. My name's Lulu, and I'm very pleased to meet you. I'm in Fire House, I guess," she added as an afterthought. She found herself hoping that the boy was in Fire House too, so that she'd at least know one other person there.

Aria chuckled a bit as she saw Zephyr becoming embarassed. She knew that he didn't get much of a chance to socialize with other people,though she still found him getting flustered a funny side. "Don't mind him too much, he's just not used to getting compliments from cute girls."

"Fire House? Is that right....well it seems we're in luck. I'm also in the same house." he said with a smile. He nodded to her in approval and leaned himself back a bit, looking up at the staff to double-check their readiness. "I'll be honest, I kind of thought no other house would fit you with that hair you've got." he said taking note of it again from the corner of his eye. "Do you like Fire Pokemon at all?" he asked. As he asked her, he thought to himself and how he would like them as well too. In Blackthorn he'd been around "fire-breathing Dragons" but not Fire Pokemon too often. The same was in Opelucid City back home. Drayden used Dragon-type Pokemon but never had he took the time to bother learning about them or watching them.

Lulu turned a shade of red that matched her hair and giggled. "That's what I thought too. Red is my favorite color," she said, immediately scolding herself mentally. Think before you speak next time! she ordered herself. Nice guy, in your House, do not screw this up!

"Well, I wasn't raised around many Fire types- I'm from Laverre originally, and everyone there uses Fairies and Ghosts, but they give me the creeps. I really like Fire and Electric Pokémon more, but I haven't had much of a chance to use them. Hopefully that'll change while I'm here," she answered, trying to sound nonchalant. A bit of excitement at the idea creeped into her voice regardless.

"I wonder what's taking the teachers so long?" she asked aloud. "Aren't they supposed to give a presentation or an orientation or something?"

"Name's Alma. Alma Celestecuerpo." The diminutive older twin said with a smile, taking Richard's hand and shook it.

---

Animus meanwhile was whistling a little song as he began tapping his shoes on the ground, bored.

Gianna swung her feet around as she sat in the chair; she couldn't find anyone to talk to. "Guess I could always do that after seeing who's in the same house as me," she quietly muttered to herself. "Bit too much of a pain now."

Dia looked up at the teachers a bit impatiently but barely worrying about it as much as he normally would thanks to his soon-to-be classmate. "Yeah. They are. I guess they're waiting for everyone to settle into a seat....or maybe it's them who haven't settled in." he said out loud unsure of himself. He raised his hand to his forehead, shaking his head. "I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Diarmuid Moraltach from Opelucid City in Unova. But you can just call me Dia, people get hung up on the full name so it's fine." he said with a smile.

"Cool. It's nice to meet you, Dia. I've never been to Unova- is it nice there?" Lulu asked. She had seen Dia glancing over at the teachers and cast a look over at them herself, but they still hadn't made any move to quiet the rather loud mob of students so that they could speak. Lulu didn't particularly mind waiting, though, so long as she had company.

Thomas smiled softly, feeling a bit more relaxed after seeing a reminder that they all were nervous right now. After all, there were a lot of things they hadn't been fully informed about just yet. All they could do was bide time until the teachers filled them in.

Turning in his seat so that he was facing Aria, he extended one hand towards her, smiling as he said "Where are my manners? My name is Thomas Floresca. What's yours?"

((Please note that Serenity and I both work. Weekends for example I work from open to close and thus we're not always able to move it along quick, and having characters show impatience can be quite annoying, especially after long days at work. ))

Zephyr groaned in embarrassment at his sister.

````````````
Scholar dodged Serenity's kiss. "Sorry, not in front of Abby. She doesn't know," he told her, moving to speak. He released a shiny male pyroar, the pokémon roaring to quiet the auditorium. Anyone still standing, immediately sat down. "Welcome to Newfound Academy. I am Scholar Aqil, your headmaster. Here we aim to prepare you for your futures with pokémon. We do this through our classes and by providing you your first pokémon. As first years you will be taking six classes. Three on Monday and Wednesday, and then the other three on Tuesday and Thursday. On Fridays I will host either a seventh class or some kind of event. Saturday and Sunday are all yours. All meals are served in the dining hall, and in case of a midnight snack, you have mini fridges in your room.

Outside of that, we expect you to obey the school rules and respect us as your authority here. Of course we are also here to help, and Ms. Eira Nightgale is our counselor, however any teacher is open for you to talk to. We hope to have a good few years with you here, and we hope that you will learn quite a lot from us. I believe that is all that needs to be addressed. Those of you in the Dragon House will follow Touko Date. Those in the Water House will following Phoenix. Fire house will follow James Dalton, and Ice house will be with Sora Wing. I bid you farewell for now." Scholar then left for the four houses to lead their students.

Phoenix lead his housemates to the Water House, decorated in it's colors. There he had a tray of pokémon waiting. Like all the other house heads, he actually had no idea what was in each ball. Scholar merely got the pokémon, put them in balls with the students names and told them to hand them out. He did however feel nervous about handing them out due to knowing the headmaster so well. He knew that the reason Scholar got chosen as headmaster was because of his ability to research the students lives, and plan accordingly to that. That being his choosing of pokémon that would help the students grow. however this tended to sometimes start off bad due to pokémon and trainer personalities clashing at first. The male always said though: The trainer must adjust their personality to fit their pokémon, not the other way around. He only hoped that his dear niece didn't get anything too horrible.

With a deep breath he began calling and handing the students their pokémon, informing them that their names were on their room doors, and then retreating before the possible chaos that might ensue from releasing their new pokémon. He was immensely glad that Scholar did not choose his first pokémon.

Ricky Fowler-Magikarp
Brad Wolf-Wynaut
Richard Blake-Tyrogue
Alma Celestecuerpo-Plusle

(((Any questions about why you got what pokémon you got, feel free to ask. Others pokémon will be posted with the others heads of houses.))

@Flaze; @Flannery; @Heartist; @Infinity Storm; @Stardust_Trainer; @Heroic Sociopath; @Prez; @Kamen_Fanatic; @GastlyGibus; @Marius;

Sora proceeded to lead his own group towards the Ice House, his eye falling upon the three girls that followed after him as he realized that...he did indeed had only girls in his dorm. This made him slightly nervous as he hoped that he'd be able to act as a proper teacher for the three of them. Regardless the only thing he had to worry about was handing out their respective Pokemon, everything else would come later.

"All right, now that we're here I'll be giving you your first Pokemon," he instructed beore taking out the pokeballs that Scholar had given him and distributing it to each of the students. "I hope you take good care of those Pokemon, they'll be partners you can rely on throughout your life," he said with a kind smile.

Luna Hunter-Buneary
Daphne Dessian-Skitty
Blazil Solaire-Mankey

Luna received the Pokeball from Sora, thanking him politely. Stepping back nervously, she backed away and released the Pokemon from it's Pokeball. Much to her surprise, it was a small, chocolate colored Buneary. Seeing the fluffy creature, a wave of nostalgia flooded her brain. She remembered playing with one in Eterna Forest as a child. She loved that Buneary dearly, but she felt sad when she remembered never seeing it again. To see one of the same species was rather bittersweet. However, she knew that she would stay with this one for a long time. She wouldn't let anyone else take it from her.

"I have no idea what to name you," she spoke as she looked at the creature. "This brings back so many memories..." Soon, the Buneary jumped on her head and let out a cry of glee.

Blazil waited until she was in her room to release her partner. When she released it, she was surprised to find that it was a mankey. immediately the pokémon began climbing all around the room and making a mess. She sighed in exasperation. This was going to be a pain.

Upon arriving at Fire House, James had to smile at the accommodations where his charges would be staying. The decor was crimson and gold and the walls were lined with warm fireplaces. It was a very comfortable place that also held considerable luxury. "I'm James, the head of Fire House." He introduced himself by his first name because hearing 'Mr. Dalton' would make him feel old. "And I will be giving you your first Pokemon in a few moments. Before I do, the ground rules: I don't really have any." He said this with a bright smile. "As long as none of you get caught doing anything by anyone else, and you're not doing something overly reckless... then you won't have to worry about me killing your vibe." He promised before glancing down the hall. "My office is at the end of the hall. If any of you ever need advice on anything... whether it's about battling, Pokemon or just life in general, my door is always open. But for now, I'll start handing out your first partners. Take good care of them." He advised.

Thomas Floresca- Grimer
Dia Moraltach- Espurr (Male)
Lulu Kilroy- Dedenne
Aria Monochrome- Rufflet
Animus - Minun

_________

Daphne smiled brightly at her Skitty. "Aren't you just the cutest little thing." She said quietly as she looked at the feline who was her new partner. "I'm going to name you Belle." She pronounced after a moment. Belle the Skitty. It worked.

_________

"Wonder if you'd make good sushi." Ricky muttered as he looked at his Magikarp. It wasn't that he held any sort of dislike towards the fish, he just wondered if it would taste good as sashimi or in a taco. He knew that Magikarp was the laughing stock of the Pokemon world, but once it evolved it would make all the people who laughed at it pay for the mocking. "I'll think of a name for you later because I don't think the teachers would like it if I called you Taco." He mused.

Diamuid paid attention to his designated house head as he spoke, content with his explanation. He had already grown a liking to him as he was expecting a tough and strict man to be in charge. He gave a smile as he looked over to Lulu, her still being the only person he knew for now in the house. He then approached James Dalton, a bit excited to see who would be his first partner. "Thank you sir." he said taking the Pokeball. He stared at it for a moment, closing his eyes in acceptance as he activated it, releasing his Pokemon. As he opened his eyes, he looked down at the small fluffy creature staring at him with the creepiest eyes ever. "Ah....? Er....hey there little guy." he said bending down to the Espurr. He looked at it carefully and only got the blank stare in return. "............" Dia remained silent, unsure of what to do. He turned his head to the right slightly to see if anyone was going to offer advice but as he did, the little Espurr had dashed over to him and started pulling on his ponytail. "H-Hey!! Hey! That's my hair!" he yelled. He shot up, running around the room with the little Pokemon latched onto his hair, hanging on with his blank stare without letting go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom