• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Newfound Academy (Third time is a charm?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lulu let out a genuine squeal of delight on seeing her new Pokémon, her first ever. It was an electric type! Sparks crackled harmlessly across its fur and tickled when they came in contact with her skin. She had always wanted an electric type Pokémon. It looked a bit like a mouse, and she thought for sure she had seen one before. She frowned for a moment, and then laughed. She knew what it was. This little guy had a secondary type, and it was a fairy. She'd seen them back in Laverre.

"Somebody has a downright awesome sense of humor, huh, buddy?" she asked the little Pokémon (Dedenne, she remembered) as she ruffled its ears. She wondered for a moment if the house head, James, had selected the Pokémon before instantly discarding the idea. He seemed like a really fun guy, but she didn't think he'd be up for choosing Pokémon with that much delicacy.

"I think I'll call you DeeDee," Lulu said to the Dedenne, smiling happily at it. A static charge jumped from its fur to Lulu's hand and she jumped, laughing. Her life had gotten way better in the last day.

Lulu set carefully placed DeeDee on her shoulder, an act which resulted in some of her hair standing up with static electricity, and went to find her room. It was a moment before she noticed Dia shouting from behind her, having been distracted by her new Pokémon.

Thomas laughed as he watched the others, thinking that the inherent chaos of first meetings like these are beautiful in a way. This is the kind of lifestyle he'd sought after all. However, his laughter was cut off momentarily once he let his own Pokemon out, legitimately surprised to see (and smell) the Pokemon that appeared from the sphere. After all, he hardly could have expected to be staring into the similarly confused eyes of a Grimer. Thankfully, his most immediate concern was resolved quickly, since Thomas' first thought upon seeing the Poison-Type was that, given their rumored origin and bodily composition, the Grimer might melt a hole through the flooring. Instead, it just filled the hallway with a mercifully weak odor.

Crouching down to look at the Pokemon, he chuckled and said "Well between the two of us I think it's safe to say that the room is gonna be a mess 24/7. Let's just hope that you're not a cuddler." The Grimer in response stared back at him for a moment before it's mouth opened in what appeared to be a smile, though it was fairly difficult to be certain given the Pokemon's lack of a solid bodily structure. As Thomas tried to ignore the fairly strong odor coming from it, he glanced back at his Pokeball before realizing he needed to think of a name for his new companion. Granted, Grimer was hardly at the top of his list for ideal starters, but as the blonde boy watched his Pokemon turn to watch the others, it occurred to him that being a free-form, structureless mass might have some advantages.

"Hey I think I know what to name you. How about Impasse?" he asked quietly. The Grimer, after turning back to face him, nodded sluggishly. Smiling to himself, Thomas reached down and pet him out of habit, realizing his mistake the second the Pokemon's slimy head made contact with his gloves. This of course earned a select swear or two from him, and as he tried to wipe off his glove using a handkerchief, Thomas could have sworn he heard Impasse laugh.

Touko lead her charges into the Dragon Dorm, evoking the feeling of home with a cave, bright yellow accents like gold within the main theme of navy blue.

"Now that we are together, I do believe introductions are in order." Touko said, then pulled out a naginata from hammerspace and slammed it down in front of her, a koto chime going off as she did so, as she looked

"My name is Date Touko, retired trainer, retired because of this." She spoke, pointing to her orange-printed eye patch. "When you refer to me in public, please do not forget to add 'professor' to my family name. In private, I will be more lenient about this. I will also not allow petty infighting or squabbling between either fellow dorm mates, as they will be your family, or with fellow students. Also, I am intolerant to any eye jokes at my expense." She lectured in a stern manner, looking at her four charges, mentally shuddering at the number.

"Now that's out of the way, I will hand out to you your starting Pokémon. Please take care of them, as they will be your closest companion and your first partner in battle and life. Any complaints about your partners will be taken over to Murakumo. Other than that, my office is down to the left." Touko spoke, briefly pointing to a battle-warn female Scyther, judging from the length of the abdomen, who was meditating, with the most eye-catching feature it had (or lacked, rather) was her right blade arm looked like it was broken off.

The Scyther opened her left eye and grinned nastily, like she wanted them to come and complain to her.

Touko then pocketing the naginata and began distributing her charges' Pokémon.

Abigail - Kangaskhan
Gianna - Carnivine
Zephyr - Bagon
Ajax - Vullaby

---

Animus grabbed the Pokéball and tossed it up, making it release his partner in a mass of white energy. His mouth dropped when he saw a Minun. "A Minun?" He asked aloud, not caring who heard and answered for him. He hoped this was a sick joke.

Sighing in a resigned manner, he smacked his hand on his face and dragged it down, much to the Minun's confusion.

"Alright, let's see what you can do, little guy. I'll name you Electron." Animus said, picking up the cute Electric-type and placed him on his shoulders.

---

Alma thanked Phoenix and tossed her ball up in the air and gasped at what she got. "Awww, you're such a cutie!" Alma cooed as she grabbed and held her Plusle close.

The sound of glass breaking echoed as Alma's smile faltered and her eyes widen comically. She held out her arms to look at Plusle better, it giving an adorably confused face.

"A Plusle?" She deadpan in a questioning manner, then hung her head. 'Is this a sick joke?' She asked mentally, then shook her head.

"Well Proton, I guess we're going to be good buddies from here on out." Alma said with a chipper smile.

Lulu ran over to Dia, her new Pokemon wrapping its paws in her hair in order to keep from toppling off of her shoulder. It took her a few tries since she had to dodge Dia's flailing limbs, but eventually she managed to pull the seemingly rabid Espurr out of his hair. Man, that thing had terrifying eyes. It glared at her like she had done it a personal slight by ruining its fun.

"What is with this thing?" Lulu asked Dia, looking away from its piercing gaze.

"Vullaby.. Not a Pokemon I've seen in the flesh before," Jazi pondered aloud quietly, carefully watching the smirking bird. "I'll name you Kage."

The minute Gianna saw her Pokemon, there was a sense of great disappointment. "Carnivine?" she asked herself, looking at the pokeball. Upon saying this, she let the Pokemon out in a flash of bright light. "How am I supposed to fly in the air with you?" she then questioned, not realizing the creature could, in fact, fight during a sky battle.

"Vullaby.. Not a Pokemon I've seen in the flesh before," Jazi pondered aloud quietly, carefully watching the smirking bird. "I'll name you Kage."

Extra:
She has a fear of birds.

(((Well she got over that phobia quick.)))

Zephyr waited until he was alone in his room to release his pokemon. When he did, his face fell. Crap! It was a bagon, and it was already trying to fly, via jumping off anything it could, which lead to him knocking down the mini fridge, and anything else unstable. Zephyr then began trying to catch the thing and prevent it from jumping anymore. This was going to suck.

"You'll find out in your studies, Gianna." Touko said simply, not feeling the need to tell her.

---

Murakumo heard the noises the Bagon was making and walked over and tapped on the door with its broken sword arm. "Scy?" The Mantis Pokemon asked, knocking again.

Zephyr opened the door, the bagon taking the chance to run out. "Dangit! Sorry!" he yelled towards the scyther, running after his new pokemon. Of course the little troublemaker began looking for even higher places to use. He really needed to stop it before it hurt itself.

When Abigail released the Pokemon from it's Pokeball, her face fell as well as she lost color. It was a baby Kangaskhan, small and grey. Her stomach churned as she felt an overwhelming desire to cry as it brought back memories of her mother. She saw Kangaskhan as a mother and child pair, but this one was without it's mother, much like she was without her own. She knew all too well the pain that this pokemon was feeling, and just picked it up and cried.

"You lost your mom too, huh?" she sniveled, "I'm sorry you poor thing. You're alone like me huh" the grey creature just looked at her and frowned, trying to wipe the tears from her trainer's eyes. The creature was rather confused as to why she was so upset, but did her best to try and comfort her new trainer.

"Kang?" the grey creature cooed, tilting it's head.

"S-sorry..." Abby sniveled as she shook her head, trying to regain composure. "It's been a while since I've cried like that... I guess I should name you... Philomena." the teenager knew that the name was rather symbolic. It meant 'powerful love', and in a sense, a bond between a mother Kangaskhan and it's baby was rather powerful. It also could resemble a mother's love to a child. It was a painful thing to realize, but she hoped it would be easier in time.

"Kanga!" Philomena cried, nodding at the rather eccentric name choice. Wiping her tears, Abby just smiled slightly as she pet the creature on it's head. "Sorry for crying so suddenly. I'll try not to do that again. Now...what should we do?"

Murakumo vanished as it used Agility, running up the wall and ceiling to avoid running into Zephyr. Spying her prey, Murakumo fired a lightning quick volley of Vacuum Waves with its good blade arm when the Bagon was nowhere near anything fragile, battering it to a wall, which seemingly suffered no cracks from the Vacuum Wave barrage.

"Bagon. How troublesome." Touko sighed out as she picked up the baby dragon by the back of the neck.

@Midorikawa; That's why I put 'she watched the smirking bird carefully'. She'll only get scared, should said bird attack her.

Jazi sighed softly and beckoned the Pokémon with her good hand, checking to make sure the Vullaby was still following. She gave Kage a wary glance, sitting on the foot of the bed.

"God, hope you won't hurt me." She muttered silently.

Dia sighed as the cat was finally wrenched free of its grip on his hair. He almost instantly moved his hands back to feel his long ponytail which had its neat and straight appearance ruined now. "Ugh.....I don't know. It just stares and goes after...." he spoke. As he spoke, he looked at his Espurr and realized it wasn't staring at Lulu's face in anger but was staring at her hair. He quickly leapt forward and snatched him as he tried lunging for Lulu's red attractive hair. "Hey! That's not how it's gonna work...you attacking people's hair!" he snapped. The Espurr only retaliated with its creepy stare, still not having made a single noise since leaving the Pokeball. Dia stared back, trying to show intimidation and dominance. After a moment of the staring contest, the cat finally let out his cry, which sounded like a hiccup almost. Dia raised an eyebrow, trying to see if his strategy worked.

He stood straight up, putting his hands on his hips as he looked at Lulu and her new partner. "Sorry you had to get involved. Once he got the hair, I couldn't do much. Your partner looks pretty calm and easy to handle..." he muttered trying to fix his hair blindly. He bent down to his Pokemon again and shook his head. "I need a name for you. As much as I want to call you Evil Hair Destroyer...that's not gonna fly." he mentioned. "Shisen. I'll call you that." he said content. As he stood up, Shisen looked up at him and pulled on his pants leg. Dia looked down, surprised he didn't go for the hair this time. "What is it Shisen?" he asked. As he lowered his guard, the cat had once again lunged to climb up his body for his hair but this time Dia was ready, catching him and holding him up with one hand. "Nice try. We're going to fix that problem real soon." he said with a slight laugh.

"You have hurt it!" Zephyr snapped, snatching his pokemon from her, glaring at the teacher before walking away. So far he had a horrible impression of the teacher, attacking a baby pokemon. It had gotten out of his room because her pokemon knocked on his door, and now she hit it. For starters it was his responsibility to train and teach, and he certainly didn't want someone who would hit it to help him. He was a breeder not a fighter and he wouldn't let his pokemon be injured so freely. He slammed his door shut, setting the bagon down on the bed. "You have to be careful. What if you got hurt?" The bagon merely ignored him, returning to it's actions. With a sigh he took out it's pokeball, returning the pokemon.

"Sounds like your Buneary likes you," Sora chuckled as he saw Buneary climbing on top of Luna's head. He noticed that Blazil had gone into her own room to release her Pokemon but decided not to pay too much mind to it. "Well now that you've got your Pokemon I believe you should check out your rooms," he said to both Luna and Daphne. "Just remember, no boys allowed and...well don't destroy anything," he instructed, trying to sound stern but failing at it. "Aside from that you can do whatever you like...except drugs...don't do drugs or I'll get in trouble."

Aria was actually excited when she saw the small Rufflet come out and held it between her arms. She looked down at its clear round eyes as it cocked its head to the side, looking at its new trainer. "Wow you're so cute," she exclaimed before petting the small flying type Pokemon. "I think I'll name you......we'll work on that," she said with embarassment, remembering that she was never one to pick names right away. As she saw the others with their Pokemon though she couldn't help but worry about Zephyr and the fact he was in another dorm. She hoped he was okay and not causing trouble at least.

She then laughed when she saw the trouble Dia's Espurr was giving him as she allowed Rufflet to perch itself on her head. "Sounds like the little guy is quite a troublemaker," she commented before turning to Lulu. "And I think you got the cutest Pokemon in the whole school."

Lulu just smiled and blushed. "Oh, it's no problem. I think you should probably be more worried about breaking that habit of his," Lulu said. Dia had probably already figured that out, but Lulu thought it wouldn't hurt to remind him.

"Yeah, someone thought it would be funny to give me an Electric/Fairy type, but at least he's pretty sweet," she added while glancing at her own Pokemon, still safely perched on her shoulder. It sniffed curiously at the Espurr and cooed happily.

"At least one of us likes it," Lulu laughed.

Touko waited until Zeyphr was out of sight, then she punched Murakumo on the head. "Too aggressive." She growled out.

"Scy..." The Mantis Pokémon whined out.

Touko just sighed as the Scyther went to nurse the lump. Bagon as a species tend to be really determined to try and fly. Left unchecked, it can cause a lot of damage, costly damages if they are within a human environment. At least Shelgons are more well-behaved than Bagons.

She eyed Abigail's starter with a seemingly impassive eye when the girl started to cry as she held the baby Kangaskhan. 'I sincerely hope you weren't forcibly separated from your parent, little one.' Touko thought in a worried manner. Mama Kangaskhans will fight to the death to protect their young.

Daphne smiled at Sora's advice. If you could call it that. It was very clear to her that he had no idea how to handle teenage girls. She and her house mates were in for a good year. "Well it was nice to meet you Sora and Luna." She said quietly before heading off to her room, Skitty following.

Ricky looked around at the other water students and sighed. Magikarp was definitely the runt of the litter. He looked at the fish and smiled however. "Well Taco, we both like the water so that's something. We're going to be good friends." He mused before returning Magikarp to his ball.

James smiled at what he saw from his students. They appeared to be the types of kids that he could really help. Kind and generous and eager to learn. "Feel free to mingle amongst yourselves or check out your bedrooms." He instructed before bowing out and heading to his office so he could unpack as well.

James turned around and nodded after thinking about it for a moment. "I don't see why not." He thought out loud. "If you would like to do so, go ahead."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom