• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Newfound Academy (Third time is a charm?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dia made his way to the dining hall sharply at 8am. With an hour to spare before the first class, he figured he could see or hear what kind of Pokemon the other students possessed. He was right, as stepping into the dining hall, all he could see were little Pokemon hanging out with their new trainers in perfect harmony. Dia smiled, not having seen anything like this before in his life. He did smile for another reason though as he looked at his Pokeball, now in his hand. "Oh yes. I've finally tamed you and your hair issues Shisen. That's one worry gone from this school year." he said to himself before heading to get food.

He sat down at a lone table with only one other student who didn't have a Pokemon out with her. She seemed to be looking at her Pokeball as if she wanted to let it out however. Dia looked around and took note of the surrounding Pokemon at the other tables. He specifically spotted a Rufflet, Vullaby, Mankey, Buneary and a Magikarp. "That thing will be a threat when it evolves..." Dia thought to himself. He took out his own Pokeball and released the red flash onto the table, the small cat staring at him instantly with its death gaze. "Good morning to you too. Aren't you wide awake this morning..." Dia said sarcastically. He smiled, brushing his hair aside as if taunting the cat since he spent all morning fixing it up again. Shisen averted his gaze to the lone girl at the table with long, brown curly hair. Dia looked over to her again as well, taking note of her glasses that were not aimed at Shisen unfortunately. "Shisen....don't you even...." Dia started. The cat turned its whole body toward the female but snapped quickly to Dia after seeing something sparkle. He made his little hiccup sound as Diamuid revealed a ball of yarn, placing it on the table a good distance from his plate. Shisen walked over to it, poking it for a bit before playing with it. "Haha! It worked! I wish Lulu could see this....I wonder if she's not the morning type." he said looking around.

The Celestecuerpo twins finally came down to join for breakfast, their Cheering Pokémon starters resting on their shoulders.

They had started their mornings by stretching and doing some minor exercises.

Once they loaded their plates with food, they had a small plate of eggs for their respective Cheering Pokémon set aside for them to eat from, and the twins sat close to each other, an exasperated look on their faces.

They then sighed in defeat in synchronization and began chowing down.

Lulu wandered down to the dining hall sometime around 8:15, sitting close to Dia on purpose so they could talk. Her Dedenne curled up on the table, posed to attack her food the moment she got it.

Lulu quickly got up and retrieved a plate of waffles dripping with maple syrup, resigning herself to sticky hands for most of the day, and passed one to DeeDee before digging into her food.

"Hey, Dia!" she called in between bites. "Good morning!"

Then she saw the Espurr toying with his ball of yarn and giggled, resisting an urge to get up immediately and hug the little cat Pokémon, which was suddenly much cuter and less creepy now that it was actually doing something instead of just staring.

"Awww, that's adorable!" she gasped somewhat loudly.

Dia smiled triumphantly as he watched Shisen play with the ball of yarn, proud that he had answered one problem in a day already. "Good morning Lulu. See what I came up with? I hope it keeps him busy most of the time. He almost attacked the young girl down the table until I pulled this out." he explained. He ate his food when he could but found himself staring at Shisen most of the time. "And to think I was worried when he attacked my hair...I guess this shouldn't be too bad after all." he said. The young Espurr suddenly dropped the ball off of the table, watching it roll behind Dia with his death gaze. "Ah....that's okay little buddy I got----" he started. As Dia looked at his Pokemon, his eyes started glowing blue. "Er...Shisen...hey..." Dia tried to mutter. In a flash, all of Dia's food, syrup, pancakes, juice and all had splashed onto his face. Diamuid could only frown and slowly open his eyes as he looked at his Pokemon. Instead of saying anything, he made a simple sigh in defeat.

Without any thought Thomas yelled "Son of a bitch!," as pain shot through his hand. He quickly tried to pull his finger from the Vullaby's mouth, but the Pokemon's bite was surprisingly firm,even though it was clearly very young. Now he was regretting having Impasse in his Pokeball, as the Grimer would definitely be helpful now.

Last edited:
Lulu reached down and picked up the ball of yarn, passing it back to Dia and getting up to refill her coffee (lots of sugar and cream). "Oh, hey!" she said to Aria as she passed her. "I don't know if we've met. I'm Lulu, nice to meet ya."

"Oh, well, I do apologize for her intruding on your breakfast though," Luna replied nervously, "She smelled Grimer's stench and ran from it... and thank you. I just hope she stays in good behavior..."

"Kage! Let go of his finger!" Jazi ordered the Vullaby with an indignant tone. The vulture Pokémon, looking innocent, gradually pried her jaws from Thomas' phalange.

"I'm really sorry about that.." Jazi muttered an apology, returning the bird to her Pokéball without much hesitation.

"Cool! It'll be fun to see you some more... right now, though, I think had better go get some paper towels for this doofus," Lulu said with a grin, jerking a thumb towards the mess that Espurr had made on Dia's table and face.

The paper towels were easy to find, and she rushed back to pass them to Dia. "Maybe Espurr's just acting weird because it's young and not very smart yet," she suggested as she took a bite out of another waffle. They seriously knew how to cook here.

After examining his finger to make sure it wasn't bleeding, Thomas quickly turned to face Jazi, smiling as he replied. Granted, she managed to stop the Flying Pokemon just before he was going to let Impasse out to deal with it, but he appreciated the company nonetheless.

"No need to apologize. I kinda walked right into that one. I don't believe we've met before though, have we?"

Zephyr nodded shyly.

Soon breakfast was over and they were in their first class. Breeding. Phoenix had yet to enter the room and what seemed to be a stuffed Persian was on his desk. He arrived just before the class started. "Good morning. I am Phoenix, just Phoenix and I go by no other name. This is Breeding, and I will not tolerate any sex jokes. Now then who can tell me what is the most important factor in breeding?" he asked the class.

When she sat down in her seat in the classroom, Luna immediately saw the stuffed Persian on the teacher's desk. Confused, she wondered why it was there. Perhaps decoration? It could also be used for teaching? She wasn't sure. When Abby was at her seat, she smiled at her teacher, rather anxious for his class. She naturally always liked being around him, even when she was adopted. He also introduced her to Blazil last summer, so he was grateful to him. When class started, she immediately raised her hand when he asked the question.

"Would it be the overall health of the Pokemon?" she answered.

Lulu was eager to get to Breeding class. She hoped to be a breeder when she grew up, after all. She hurried to her desk and was glad to see she wasn't late- she'd hate to make a bad impression at her first class. She considered the question a moment and then raised her hand.

"Is it the genetics of the parent Pokémon?"

Contrary to what her behavior would have one believe, Lulu was fairly smart and liked school. She just generally saw it as both a social event and an actual learning experience.

"Well... you have to make sure their physical health is up to breeding, and that there isn't any issues that could be passed down onto the baby Pokemon. Making sure their vitals as well as their mental health. You also have to ensure that the future baby pokemon that are inside the egg are also healthy. It's more than just doing a physical."

Thomas made his way into the room, quietly finding a desk as he tried to figure out what he had missed. As much as he wanted to learn, he was definitely not a morning person, and this morning had already been a weird one even by his standards. Besides, breeding wasn't exactly his area of expertise, since nearly all of his experiences with Pokemon prior to coming to this school had been in said Pokemon's natural habitats. Regardless, class was still class, so he had to at least attempt to find interest in it.

Lulu was caught off guard and had to think for a moment before coming up with a good answer.

"Well, if you want a Modest Pokémon, you also want a Modest parent. Or if you want a Pokémon with high attack, you want the parents to be strong attackers as well, because stuff like that is hereditary. That's what I mean by genetics, they're super important. Otherwise you could end up breeding a Pokémon with the absolutely wrong features... ones that you don't want," Lulu added hastily, not wanting to sound mean.

Jazi had taken a seat behind Thomas, and neither was she a morning person. Holding in a sigh, she begun to think back. What was the most important of aspect of breeding, and why? Trying to focus, she pondered what the answer could be. The chemistry between the Pokemon? Their compatibility? Their behavior towards each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom